Racing with AI question - AI speeds First lap vs the next laps of a race

Assetto Corsa, I have been setting up AI lines and AI hints on many tracks for my own use and helping another person. it always seems to me the AI go much faster on the first lap and then something kicks in and they slow down a slower pace after the first lap.

I usually run the AI difficulty level at 92% for my own testing. Anybody know or see why I sense the AI going the first lap and slow down after that?

Does the difficulty level not fully kick in all the way until the 2nd lap. Strange what I see all the time.

Anyway, thanks for any info.

I've seen it in road car races more than BOP tuned race cars, however most of my races now are pretty even. I have difficulty for AI set between 96-100% and aggression between 40-60%. I have seen the argument that the first car getting a gap is due to having a clean line, and looking at laptimes that argument stacks up. I very rarely if ever see a laptime set that doesn't equal what I'm doing.

Thanks for your reply. Reason I ask this question cause I try to create some AI Hints on some tracks to prevent AI car mods from leaning up on 2 wheels or flipping over. Seems without adding the AI Hints and following all the AI cars, the first lap most of them will lean up on 2 wheels. Laps after that, the AI slow down and dont lean at all. If I make too much AI Hints slow down for the first lap, then the AI cars go real slow on the laps after that.

Not too worried about it, I just do short offline AI racing on various tracks just to past the time away.
I know about the lead car always pulls away from the rest of the AI cars, the 2nd bunch of AI cars stay kind of together, and the final cars drop off very quickly. Seems to be the pattern with AI racing in Assetto Corsa with AI default settings.

AI have always pulled away from me for the first few laps. Initial thought was it was due to them not suffering from cold tires and cold brakes like me, but there is something more to it unfortunately. Yes, my lap times do decrease after the first few laps as tires and brakes come up to temperature, but AI lap times should not be slowing down.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 196 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.4%