racing seat

hi guys in the process of building a new rig, I'm looking for a racing seat budget is £300ish
looking for some adjustment forward and back.

new at this game so any thoughts appreciated
regards

I am in the same category....
Building my own rig..
comfort is a REAL consideration being we will be sitting for thousands of hours in these things...… You can also replace the foam when wore out,.... and it will happen if you use it enough.....

Each one of these seats are between 150-200 USD and the seat covers are 150$ =300 usd and you have a seat that will last forever, and can be modified at will....
The Low back Vintage seats have the benefits of being very compact, and do the job. Why do we need a containment system when were sim racing??? just sayin...

Movement can be done by adding a 80/20 bar to the seat supports.

Or go with the cheapo EBAY special Speed Daddy....

@ only 100 and it comes with a recliner and slider??? I might pick this up just to try....

Attachments

• kir-16400_w.jpg
    kir-16400_w.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 198
  • kir-41500v_xl.jpg
    kir-41500v_xl.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 356
  • kir-5515001_xl.jpg
    kir-5515001_xl.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 310
  • kir-5515012_m.jpg
    kir-5515012_m.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 252
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can find good seats in wrecked cars. I got nice gray passenger seat out of a 2006 Volkswagon Passat for $40. It has full manual controls, reclines, raises/lowers with lumbar support and has a good set of slides on it. I've found mine very comfortable. You just need a torx bit the right size to pull it out of a wrecked car. it weighs 45lbs with sliders which is a reasonable weight.

Personally I don't see the point in a high back chair for a sim racer. It's not like you have to worry about whiplash. That added height is purely ornamental. Since I play in VR I don't want anything I could hit my headset on while looking into a corner.

Anyway, it's just another option.

Upvote 0
I bought a seat recently (Autostyle BS5). I strongly recommend to try the seat before buying. I tried about 7 seats and all but one were uncomfortable or didn't fit (too wide / too narrow, too hard). And yes, a halo racing seat is not a good choice for VR.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back