Racing Seat recommendations

Hi guys,

I am currently thinking about upgrading my racing seat. I am racing with an aluminium profile racing rig from Simlab. I think it is their first ever created GT Rig. Mounted to that rig at the moment is a low budget racing seat and my main issue with it is that I get very heavy back pain issues (mainly sacroiliac joint pain) after some longer racing sessions. It feels like there is not enough stability/back support especially in moments where i need to brake heavily using my HE Pro Pedals.

Do you have any recommendations for picking up the right racing seats? Maybe you already had similiar experiences like me and found better solutions at the market.

The ones I am currently looking at are the Sabelt Racing Duo or the Sparco Sprint. Do you think they might do the job?

Cheers,
Roman

I'm happy with my Sparco R333.

Lots of padding for long sessions, the seat reclines and I have it sitting on runners so good amount of adjustability to get my driving position spot on.

Used car seat would have been my preference but eBay hunting came up short.

FWIW I'm 6ft 4 and skin on bone.

Other than the obvious (individual comfort/style), what do you look for in a car seat that will make a good sim seat? Anything with the seats native hardware or design? Some of the seats that I’ve read make good sim seats are s2000, rsx, wrx sti, brz, civic SI, tiburon, viper.

Here’s a viper seat that would probably be pretty sweet: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2010-...412744?hash=item3d9a9442c8:g:-FgAAOSwB05eDoLe

Upvote 0
Yes, the side mount bracket can be bolted to the slider assembly. The bolt pattern on the sides of the seats follow a universal pattern. The seat bottom holes are not quite as universally adhered to, but most follow the same pattern and if not, it is certainly a simple matter to drill a few holes in the sides mounts if needed.

Hope that addresses your question.

Dom
Thank you, Dom.

Upvote 0
Other than the obvious (individual comfort/style), what do you look for in a car seat that will make a good sim seat? Anything with the seats native hardware or design? Some of the seats that I’ve read make good sim seats are s2000, rsx, wrx sti, brz, civic SI, tiburon, viper.

Here’s a viper seat that would probably be pretty sweet: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2010-...412744?hash=item3d9a9442c8:g:-FgAAOSwB05eDoLe

Having owned a GT86 can definitely say they are comfortable. S2000 not sure sure are they all seem to be leather; racing can be intense sometimes and sweat inducing .

The viper seat look very nice. Reminds me of the Recaro sportster.

For me personally, for SIM racing, I would value comfort, lumbar support and adjustability. Simply because you aren't experiencing g forces and the need to stay secure in the seat.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Having owned a GT86 can definitely say they are comfortable. S2000 not sure sure are they all seem to be leather; racing can be intense sometimes and sweat inducing .

The viper seat look very nice. Reminds me of the Recaro sportster.

For me personally, for SIM racing, I would value comfort, lumbar support and adjustability. Simply because you aren't experiencing g forces and the need to stay secure in the seat.

Hope that helps.

Thanks - I owned a brz and liked that seat. Seats out of cars definitely look a bit chunky on a racing sim, but may be worth it in comfort. Although, people say that racing seats can be very comfortable too

Upvote 0
Before I bought my Corbeau Forza racing seat, I bought a brand new entire 2012 Dodge Charger Super Bee cloth interior (front and rear seats) for little more than what we pay for one new racing seat. The drivers seat looked very cool with silver and yellow stripes and embroidery and was very comforable during short time I used it . I still have the Super Bee seats and want to put them in a late model Charger or (dream) '71-72 Charger Super Bee.

Upvote 0
The microsuede is similar to the alcantara on my GT2 seats -- which is a nice materiel. I did not want to be sitting on cheap vinyl or poor quality cloth, especially considering the price difference was only $50. I ordered the seat from https://www.racing-seats-usa.com -- shipping was free.

The great thing is the FX1 is actually more comfortable in many ways than the crazy expensive Porsche GT2 carbon seats. The FX1 is wider in the shoulders which I appreciate -- I am only 5'9" and 150-ish lbs, but I have broad shoulders and the FX1 is wider in the shoulder area while not being sloppy every where else.

Dom
Are you still liking the seat? The FX1 looks great. Did you also order the aluminum side mount bracket (G22099)? I will be mounting to a P1-X.

Upvote 0
Can any of the GS-5 seat owners chime into this thread from comfort perspective? I know a few are adding 10mm foam pads to the seat bottom for added comfort, but does anyone have experience with a GS-5 and / or Sparco / Corbeau. I know the GS-5 has so much more to offer, just trying to get a sense of how it stacks up comfortwise to the rest.

Upvote 0
I can recommend the seat that I bought which is a KOENIG RS3000 KEVLAR. It's very light, sturdy and comfortable. My back also got achy from a cheap playseat that I used before, but this one has a great support for the back and I have no problems any more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Can any of the GS-5 seat owners chime into this thread from comfort perspective? I know a few are adding 10mm foam pads to the seat bottom for added comfort, but does anyone have experience with a GS-5 and / or Sparco / Corbeau. I know the GS-5 has so much more to offer, just trying to get a sense of how it stacks up comfortwise to the rest.
I've found Corbeu seat cushion a bit too firm for my taste. Replaced it with Confor Foam green/blue sandwich, this is kind of foam they use in aviation seats. Can sit in it all day now, super comfortable.

Upvote 0
I bought a racing bucket seat by "Monoka Racing" off Craigslist for $150. It was brand new and came with sliders and side brackets. It's not SFI or FIA rated, but it's perfect for sim racing. I mounted it to my Next Level Racing F-GT rig and works great. Super comfy unlike the stock pleather seat that came with my rig.

Reactions: CC
Upvote 0
Are you still liking the seat? The FX1 looks great. Did you also order the aluminum side mount bracket (G22099)? I will be mounting to a P1-X.

Yep, the seat really is working out great -- no regrets at all. I am using a normal OMP seat bracket -- anything will work since it is a universal bolt pattern. Mine is also mounted to a P1X.

Cheers,
Dominic

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline