Racing Seat and Frame

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Edward Farmer, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Edward Farmer

Edward Farmer

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all! I am new here so hello to everyone!

I am thinking of buying a racing frame set-up to use with I-racing and F12014. My trouble is price. There are many on the market for upwards of £300. I am wondering if anyone could recommend one for me.

I found this today http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GAMERS-GA...T-FRAME-PS3-PS4-XBOX-360-ONE-PC-/351245385522 which is a very reasonable price... But I would like to get any feedback on whether this would be a good investment before I buy it. Or if anyone has any related products that they have used and could recommend.

I have always been cautious of buying off eBay, but i don't want to hesitate over this as this is the cheapest I've managed to find one.

Appreciate any advice or help in advanced.

2. jimortality

jimortality

Ratings:
    +991
    Well Edward, you pay for what you get and it does look ok, very similar to my GT Omega ART rig which comes with a better seat and from a reputable company. Not saying that company aren't but I've not heard of them maybe others have. Mine was £259 and I'm very very pleased with it. Just looked on their website and they have sold out until 6 January.

3. Brian McManus

Brian McManus
    Steam: Brian Mac

Ratings:
    +102
    The fanatec cls seat is on offer at the minute,
    Its 199 euro.
    Maybe worth alook.

4. Adam Gough

Adam Gough

Ratings:
    +9
    wheres that? still showing as 299 on fanatecs website

5. Brian McManus

Brian McManus
    Steam: Brian Mac

Ratings:
    +102
    I seen it on their website over the weekend .
    Its shows a thread in the community section.
    Maybe the deal ended.

6. Adam Gough

Adam Gough

Ratings:
    +9
    yeah looks like a black Friday deal from previous weekend,

Would of had that too at that price :(

7. HUM24H

HUM24H
    Godspeed

Ratings:
    +66
    That does look good, does look very reminiscent of a GT Omega Wheel Stand with a Rear Seat Frame attached. What's your budget? I am also generally hesitant at buying stuff from eBay mainly because I have had bad experiences so I always go to companies direct.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  8. Samuel Fuller

Samuel Fuller

Ratings:
    +176
    I went to the local breakers yard and bought a leather car seat out of a Toyota mr2, light small and sporty seat, for just £50 its easy to mount on some wood and is better quality and cheaper.