Racing School :)

Hello everyone
Its a chance to see on RD something like Racing School?
You know videos etc. how drive the racing car on track (how change gears , how use throtle or breaks ) etc.etc.
I thing im not alone :) and lot of people wait for something like that
Cheerrss !

Yes unfortunately I don't have time for it at the moment :(, but....

...please let people stand up to re-vamp this initiative as it is the best way to learn sim racing on a decent level.

(all respect to Warren :thumb:)

http://forum.racedepartment.com/gtr-evolution/10938-idea-rd-club-event-trial-premium.html

I had an idea for something along these lines, and the concept can be found in that link.

The focus was on training your race craft.

I still have ambitions to do this, but ambitions and time available are a conflict. ATM I am focusing on ATCC and growing that.

Once winter hits, my business IRL slows down and I have more time available, so this may be risen from the dead if there is enough interest.

Keith

I would love something like this!

I've played a few races on the GTR Evo public servers and I can never seem to keep up. I'm always atleast 5 seconds slower and I really don't know why as I'm pushing it as hard as I can on every

I will definetaly be keeping my eye on this!

Chris, in my own humble experience of being in that position many moons ago I found that the answer was not to push. It only encourages errors. I found staying within the limits of the car and finding all it had to give before trying to push it over the edge worked much better for me. That said its only one way of driving.

Thanks Dave!

I think some of it has to do with throttle control though in a lot of high powered cars. I either over do it and end up over steering or spinning or I put too little throttle on and lose heaps of speed.

I find it difficult to find the middle ground and keep the momentum going lap after lap...

Change the throttle pedal sensitivity to 0% instead of 50% in the option menu.
I did that also in the very beginning it's easier to control the car with the throttle because little gas is also little gas. And so you get some clean laps without spinning and you get more confident with the car after that change it back to 50%. That worked great for me. :)

You can also make your car setup stable (but it will be slow), and gradually change it back. For example, you can reduce differential lock and harden front springs to reduce and sometimes even completely compensate oversteering. Of course when you are comfortable you should change a little back and so on..

Yeah.I try to set up my car and for me is immpossible.I try everything :). I spend lot of days and for example:
I drive one of car in default setup and my time is for example 2:09:xxx
When i try to change set up sterrnig lock brakes splitter wing my time is 2:03:xxx.Car are stable no spinnig
Lot of people on this track (Brno) made a 2:01:xxx and the best time is 1:58:xx.
I thing is good set up is not enough.We need some videos etc.for learn something more.

I forgot I posted in this thread haha...

Anyway, thanks for your help guys!!

Dave, thanks for the link. It has helped a lot. Deffinetaly a good read and has helped me with racing lines and things that I didnt realise, like only using 80% grip to turn so you have 20% to accelerate and things like that that aren't so obvious to a beginner.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 319 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 448 39.2%