Racing platform for Season 10

E-mail with fixed response deadline. In that way everyone would 1) actively notified a vote was in progress and 2) be given the opportunity to respond. In this way no one can say they were not given the opportunity to participate in the decision.

I'm ok with a forum thread also as long as a clear decision criteria is established. (so we don't get to the end of several dozen posts and ask "So what do we do now?)

Just a thought but maybe the most important part of the voting before was people who were thinking of leaving if wasnt there prefered car. For example if both partys were ok with Frr as compromise to there choice, then that would make the choice for us easier as it would mean everyone stays if we choose that car, in the best case scenario we can keep and please everyone i think :thumbsup:

I think Bobs arguments for an E-Mail vote make good sence. Nico just should let us know then who's adresses he's missing.

I think it could work well if eveyone has to allocate a number from let's say 1 - 3 for each car. ( 1 = dislike; 2 = don't care; 3 = like).

This way one could vote slightly balanced. For example if I don't care in generall but slightly prefer the F1 MMG it could look like this.

MMG F1: 3
F 3000: 2
F RR: 2

But if I'm only in favor with the MMG F1 it should look like this:

MMG F1: 3
F 3000: 1
F RR: 1

To give more options we could also allow a spread from 0 - 10 (from "0" = "no way" to "10" = "nothing else").

The one who doesn't care at all just needs to give the same number to each car and the car with the highest sum should be the final choice then.

Does it make sence?

EDIT:
Sorry, was writing while Reik posted. I thought we could do it as simple as one vote each.
If everyone choose to enter 10 on their favourite car in Reik's more advanced voting table it will end up the same type of poll. If it must involve a scale of disliking a car we better do it in e-mail.
CAR, VOTE, SUM,
MMG, 0, 0
FRR, 1, 1
F3000, 0, 0

I think the opposite Marko if we use higher number we get less accurate info from vote, its as Reik says with the higher numbers can be nothing more than more points, most people picking 10 for favourite car and then deciding on difference if any of remaining cars is only adding more numbers to confuse the situation.
I see what you mean though, if we were having a vote like 'give us your score on the car out of 10' it would be more accurate at getting a idea how everyone thinks cars are compared.
1 to 3 is simple for our vote and gets clearer idea of what everyone likes and dislikes and we will have a top scorer. When i looked at what Reik says i thought like this, : 3 really like car, : 2 like car, : 1 dislike car.
For example if you did it with 10 scoring its would be 10 5 1, Your not changing anything other than lowering accuracy of the vote with higher number scale on this type of vote i think.

I think the opposite Marko if we use higher number we get less accurate info from vote, its as Reik says with the higher numbers can be nothing more than more points, most people picking 10 for favourite car and then deciding on difference if any of remaining cars is only adding more numbers to confuse the situation.
I see what you mean though, if we were having a vote like 'give us your score on the car out of 10' it would be more accurate at getting a idea how everyone thinks cars are compared.
1 to 3 is simple for our vote and gets clearer idea of what everyone likes and dislikes and we will have a top scorer. When i looked at what Reik says i thought like this, : 3 really like car, : 2 like car, : 1 dislike car.
For example if you did it with 10 scoring its would be 10 5 1, Your not changing anything other than lowering accuracy of the vote with higher number scale on this type of vote i think.

I don't understand how we would get clearer idea of what everyone likes or dislikes by using scale that forces our opinions into 3 categories? Let's say we have cars "x", "y" and "z" and I really like car "x", mildly like car "y" and forcefully hate car "z" :). I would probably have to evaluate them x=3, y=2, z=1, with 1-3 scale, whereas with 1-10 scale it would maybe be x=10, y=7, and z=1. In this case, you can see that car "y"'s mild like has changed into "don't care" with 1-3 scale, whereas 1-10 scale accurately catches my opinion about it. In other words, 1-3 scale only captures my opinion accurately if I either like, dislike, or don't care about the car. It does not understand, if I like a car a bit, mildly dislike it, or pretty much hate it, etc.

Ah, I thought we would just choose 1 of 3 options...

MMG F1: Option 1
F 3000: Option 2
F RR: Option3

Introducing scales opens a wole other way of calculating and makes it a bit harder to reach a conclusion.

This might seem easier to me as I really do not "care" what we end up with.
Even if I would choose option 1 it would not mean I would quit if we end up with option 2.

So why not just choose one option and then give another value like:

Or I will quit !

This makes it easy to see what option will leave us with a decent amount of racers for the upcoming season.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back