Racing platform for Season 10

Im still very interested in more opinions regarding sense of my projects or regarding this arguement but for me thats it.
I think you did a lot of great things Jonas, especially your video impressed me a lot. But I would give it all up in exchange for a motivated Jonas who showed for all the races and gave me a good battle and great fun on the track. And the same goes for Kennett. My greatest wish would be if both of you refound the joy in racing with us. And that is the point here, I am not angry with your poor attendance, nobody can be forced to enjoy racing in a league. Experience show that only a very few are nuts enough to find enough pleasure to keep it going week in and week out. but the more nuts we have, the more fun we have and the easier it gets. I so much wish for 25 nuts showing for all 10 races, it would be WICKED! :thumbsup:

Some of what we are trying to create is close racing for everybody, Ranging from Vale to Reik. But it seems nobody are happy fighting with the guys further back the grid, even though they are just as skilled as the rest, just a bit slower. If it is one thing PrestoGp needs, it is "slower drivers" ranging from Vale and up to Valter if you get my point and I do not offend Vale or Valter :)

I think you did a lot of great things Jonas, especially your video impressed me a lot. But I would give it all up in exchange for a motivated Jonas who showed for all the races and gave me a good battle and great fun on the track. :)

That sounds maybe strange, but I personaly value the things outside of driving, which for example Jonas, Kennet and you are doing even higher than the driving itself.

You will never have enough organizers, media creators, modders in the sim-racing communities and I'm thankful to everyone of them. Most times you have more drivers than people willing to organize the driving itself, so I woudn't discourage them ;)

Also I don't understand what's to argue about the voting thing. Let's just have an open-vote about it in the future and be done with?! I even woudn't mind if the vote would just be for the more seasoned core members only, as they kept the league running in the first place.

That sounds maybe strange, but I personaly value the things outside of driving, which for example Jonas, Kennet and you are doing even higher than the driving itself.

I can understand that, but from a league perspective it is obvious that the core ingredience is drivers. Without drivers there is no league, and we are nearing a dangerously low number.

But I agree, there is no reason to argue, we chose what the majority wants after a little testing period. Only drawback with waiting with decition is that Bob is ready to start practicing as soon as he knows what we settle on. :)

For me the biggest arguement to change to f3000 is that I believe/guess it would give us a slightly higher number of drivers (very valuable). It is nice that the setup probably works better as well, but I do not think it is too important as, in theory, our 100% transparecy concept should reduce setups to a tool of strategy, not competitiveness. Also, the fact that it is not a mod, but an ingame car cannot hurt. It makes PrestoGP slightly less complex which is according to it's mantra.

Now some arguements against f3000 :)
Although I have not tried the f3000 yet (in modern times) I strongly suspect that Sean & Co are correct that even though it might be just as fun, or even more fun in the race, it will be more boring practicing alone. Furthermore I see the tyres as a considerable loss, I enjoy the rich variation in compounds we have with f1 relative to f3000 that only have wet and slick?

I am atm undecided with my personal preference, but I suspect it will be further formed as time goes and more is learned. That being said, I am much more interested in PrestoGP being united in the decition made in stead of having almost a 50/50 call. Don't see this as a battle to win through with your wish, but rather us as a group finding the right solution together.

The perfect vote should be: To the best of my knowledge I will guesstimate that "cartype X" will be the best for PrestoGP, but i trust the majoritys guesstimate more than my own :)

Furthermore I see the tyres as a considerable loss, I enjoy the rich variation in compounds we have with f1 relative to f3000 that only have wet and slick?

I don't think the tyres make that much of a difference, there is no real penalty for using supersoft to soft or soft - medium if the pitlane speed limit is not used especially in long pit lanes. The time gained during the race on grippy tyres cannot be got back by taking fewer pitstops with less grippy tyres. The majority use the same strategy anyway so 1 compound would reward smoother driving, specially if the pitlane speed limit were used and would make a real difference for a 1 stop compared to a 2 stop as opposed to now where a 1 stop has no real chance against 2 stopping.

I raced in the first F3000 league at RD and the mix of 1 and 2 stop strategies did make a huge difference with the finishers being much closer, that is if you left out the aliens.

Ok, so please don't shoot me down in a hale of flames if you think my suggestion is not right... It strikes me that your looking for a variation, not only to keep the interest of former entrants, but also to hopefully attract new drivers to your league. So with this in mind, what would you think of using a GP2 mod for a season? I had read this thread a couple of days before testing the (almost finished) GP2 mod that Marcus Dillon is working on - now I don't claim to be experienced or skilled enough to be able to say that his mod is what your looking for, the people posting in this thread, however, would be able to make that judgement, or at least have an informed view. The mod is going to be used on another sites league - which in itself could generate entrants for them and this league, if the nights didn't clash - you could also make sure no or only say 1 or 2 tracks clashed in the same week to give people entered in both leagues extra motivation. I know different communities don't tend to 'like' each other much, even though more often than not many contain the same drivers - perhaps im wrong, but as I see it; its time different sites started to accept and work alongside, rather than against each other for the benefit of the sim racing community as a whole..

thanks for the suggestion mate :)

me personally i dont think id consider it for presto due to it being a totally new mod and none of us have any experience with it, we are considering changing for 1 season only and then hopefully moving to a new simulator, for the last season i think we'd be better sticking with something most of us know like mmg or f3000, to try get used to a whole new mod in 1 season while having our safety concerns and competativeness is maybe too big an ask.

Hi all
I do not take part in the 10th season for various reasons, among which the most inportant .. and which are 2 seconds slower when I drive in cockpit!
I had the pleasure of attending the last stagion F3000 as it was with a clear view and it won :) thanks in advance marcus dillon for his work on a mod formula, which I have tried unsuccessfully in recent years Race07, but for some time SimBin has given us a really nice f1 RaceRoom add on Race07, I Personally I put all the records posssibili on the slopes of the world rankings Race07 :)))), this to make it clear that in two days of practice, I have acquired the characteristics of guide: easy to drive as a F3000, but with a power of f1 is fine even in wet conditions, riders will gather more lenses certainly great fun to fight with qundi since SimBin has given us a fantastic mod and only for so this season, it will use a different car is worth to consider this car!

I dont see why anyone would want to use anything other than cockpit view, even though its slight more difficult to drive in cockpit view this is the point in simulation and not arcade to me lol
The raceroom car is good tho, id prefer that to f3000 as its just about as fast as mmg. Ive had couple nights practise with each now im know which way id vote now but atm im just playing rf2:geek:

I dont see why anyone would want to use anything other than cockpit view, even though its slight more difficult to drive in cockpit view this is the point in simulation and not arcade to me lol

Unfortunatly most guys do not drive from cockpit even (or more like "especially") not in some of the most competitive leagues out there.

That's also one thing about Presto GP that I really like and what I would welcome everywhere, forced cockpit that is :)

Ok, so please don't shoot me down in a hale of flames if you think my suggestion is not right... It strikes me that your looking for a variation, not only to keep the interest of former entrants, but also to hopefully attract new drivers to your league. So with this in mind, what would you think of using a GP2 mod for a season? I had read this thread a couple of days before testing the (almost finished) GP2 mod that Marcus Dillon is working on - now I don't claim to be experienced or skilled enough to be able to say that his mod is what your looking for, the people posting in this thread, however, would be able to make that judgement, or at least have an informed view. The mod is going to be used on another sites league - which in itself could generate entrants for them and this league, if the nights didn't clash - you could also make sure no or only say 1 or 2 tracks clashed in the same week to give people entered in both leagues extra motivation. I know different communities don't tend to 'like' each other much, even though more often than not many contain the same drivers - perhaps im wrong, but as I see it; its time different sites started to accept and work alongside, rather than against each other for the benefit of the sim racing community as a whole..

As I don't race with you guys it's not my place to comment on what cars etc you race with, however this post has attracted my attention as I've been thinking recently about some inter site competitions. Maybe one off races to test the water and then maybe a full season, one race a month should be manageable for most sites to fit into their own schedules. This will help us all fill up the grids, add an extra dimension to the competition and put some life back into race07?

Has anyone tried the Formula Rieza in GSC yet (apart from Dino, who I know has)

It seems to require a more delicate touch than MMG and is I think slower overall? but does have a nice feel to it once you get the brakes set up right and stop locking wheels all over the place:rolleyes:

One off race events with some guys from another site?:thumbsup: sounds fun to me, I'm in:) what ever car is spec'd

Jim

Has anyone tried the Formula Rieza in GSC yet (apart from Dino, who I know has)

It seems to require a more delicate touch than MMG and is I think slower overall? but does have a nice feel to it once you get the brakes set up right and stop locking wheels all over the place:rolleyes:

One off race events with some guys from another site?:thumbsup: sounds fun to me, I'm in:) what ever car is spec'd

Jim

You gave me a good chance to shamelessly plug another video that I made some time ago :D
It was a hotlap that I made on the hotlap-competition when Nordschleife for GSC was released.

Gives you a general idea about the F-Reiza I would say

I know different communities don't tend to 'like' each other much, even though more often than not many contain the same drivers - perhaps im wrong, but as I see it; its time different sites started to accept and work alongside, rather than against each other for the benefit of the sim racing community as a whole..

The way I see it we offer f1-style league on the Race07 platform Wednesday night European time. Another league using the same time slot, the same platform and same type of racing I think would be counter productive, it would make more sense if they raced together with us.

At any other timeslot (or racing platform or type of racing) I see them as co-contributer to the sim-world.

Unfortunatly I do not have the capacity to stick my nose outside our forum, but we are many members that can look around and we are always open for ideas.

I don't have rf2, but I (as a driver) will have no problems following wherever PrestoGP move in the future, (in terms of powerful computer and $$$ to buy a game/platform). In general I have no strong opinions around platform (as long as it works satisfactory), I'm only interested in the people I drive with.

I have been thinking about the forthcomming vote (f3000 vs MMG f1), and in my view the only way to do a vote where the result is useful/constructive is to do it in two parts.

In the first part everybody need to say what car they prefer, and (vital) how important it is for them that they get it their way (e.g. David saying that he will not participate if we choose f3000 and Peter the opposite). Maybe someone will race either way but still prefer one alternative greatly for some reasonable reason.

In the second part everybody knows the consequences of the two alternatives and they can cast their vote on what they wish PrestoGP should be using for season 10.

My point is that for me personally I care little about what we'll race, I am more interested in what decition will make season 10 the most enjoyable.

A two-part vote however can be a challenge to do in a short amount of time, so it can be that we'll have to do that. In that case I will vote blank (not to protest but to reflect my desire as well as I can).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back