Racing platform for Season 10

As i said Marko i dont think we arent really trying to find out the indvidual scores how each person would score each car, this would be better like you say out of 10 or even 100 and give us more individual score to each car. I think we need to know score just in relation to each other car, it should be easy to pick 1 2 or 3 for each car if you have a favourite then its the 3 others will be 2 or lower simple.
I meant by clearer info as to what the top choice car would be and car everyone would drive should be top as this is info we are looking for, where as with the 10 vote any of the picks could be top depending of amount of 10s voted.
With the 10 scoring it may be the car that 2 or 3 people pick 10 for and rest pick 5 5 1 with genarally the most personnaly liked car being top and not the car everyone would drive.
Also it maybe good idea if we had to use 1 2 and 3 in answer vote, instead of the likes of 3 3 1s or 3 2 2 s if you get me.

Nothing wrong with your idea Marko however lets not complicate things and lets make things as simple as possible , we are short on time and we need an ASAP decision with a minimum workload for Rcedirector to get the vote done in a very short time, therefore I believe Reik suggestion is what we need at the moment , we already tried all 3 cars and we should have a clear idea what to favour , so lets put our favourite car as number 1 , second favourite as number 2 and least favourite as number 3 and that it.

just an example: :inlove:
RR my favourite car = 1
F3000 my second favourite = 2
MMG my least favourite = 3

totally agree with anthony, why has this been over complicated with lots of posts with lots of diffrent ways to work out 1-3, its not rocket science, seeing as everyones got diffrent ideas of what something as simple as 1-3 means, we'd probably be better doing an email vote where you just say 1 car and thats it, we're supposed to be starting the new season in 2 weeks so why complicate it even more?

my I try to simplify a little?

Examples:

Car A, 3+
Car B, 2+
Car C, 1-

Car A, 2-
Car B, 1-
Car C, 3+

So A is my preferred choice, B 2nd & C 3rd, the plus sign means I would race next season with this car, the minus means no thanks I'm out (I'm not though, just an example:) )

This should be easy to add up both car preference and the number of likely participants after the vote

The car that wins the vote may have...lets say 2? minuses but the car that comes second may have none, so then the decision would be simple, we chose the car that most people are happy to race

Jim

mine line is like say Anthony:thumbsup: ASAP and minimum workload for Racedirector:D ( are you Nico?) too problem for me around this stuff, number, percentages, minus, plus:O_o:, Im feel like David:roflmao: .I want only met friends and run with their, fun is there.
Do it easy mates 1 2 3 and stop.I found a bit complicated mail system send mail receive mail resend mail the Racedir take all mailssss :coffee:( coffe because is night and only along the night we have free time) and start with the count,while we can run and training on server and all this work must do a guy that say us can I resign?;) sure no one of us believe him:) Nico you are the first flame in PrestoGP you must stay at your place so sand mail or I would prefer a poll vote here in forum is a bit more speed and no much load for Racedir.

The car that wins the vote may have...lets say 2? minuses but the car that comes second may have none, so then the decision would be simple, we chose the car that most people are happy to race

So, you suggest that we choose the car that gets least minuses, or did I understand this right? Grid size could actually be given greater value over people's personal favorite or no-favorite.

Ye 'keep it simple stupid' :thumbsup: 1 2 3 its as easy as a b c :D

We could just bypass and not even have to vote as i said and alot of you feel same is that the main thing is everyone racing.

So if Chirlie and Peter who had problem racing mmg or f3000 in previous vote were ok with frr doesnt that solve the problem for us anyway ? First we would need to know if they were ok with frr ?.

Frr picks itself if everyones atleast happy to drive that car. It saves us and Nico time in deliberation and votes that lead to choice of car that someone would leave from and maybe lead to further voting to find compromise.

We should probably be practising for season and have sign up thread etc by about now so with speed of the essence to i think this could be a option. I know id vote for it to keep everyone racing if you guys were happy to race it :thumbsup:

I'm not participating in voting as my participation on the next season is still a big questionmark. But i think FRR is easier to drive than MMG, mostly i think it is the wider grip curve that does it, it's much easier to recover from lockups and spins. Much easier for new drivers and for me, if i can drive next season, i'm going to do it during the season so it helps a lot.. And you guys can get do the setup magic, which i believe will be much simpler than with MMG. Have you noticed any similar trick than with MMG (using supersoft suspension, engine/brake map etc) Plus the third springs/dampers might come into play at last..

The rear wing is a bit of surprise, there seems to be less room for adjusting but that might be a great benefit moving the concentration for good aerobalance to front wing. I can do some straightline aero test to see what the effect is on top speed. I already published the real parameters, you can pick up clues from that list. YAW effect on wings were so similar that there should be no great differences how wings work in corners (how much downforce you lose due to car not traveling straight..), what i picked up is that FRR loses less DF so that makes it even more easy but the difference was minute, much less than drag/lift differences.

Plus i think that the low rear wings settings is partly because we learned to drive more difficult car, one tthat had aerobalance fixed mainly with rear wing: it's easier to click it one level at times during test periods until it's actually oversteering, "fixing" it with throttle modulation..

I realy like MMG mod BUT i like the formula raceroom cars just abit more

So this means that if we are racing the FRR-car you intend to join the full season?

And what about you Peter? Will you do one more season if we race FRR?

If we vote, let's do a 1-2-3 that also allows for 1-1-3, 3-3-3, etc.(I call it Reik's invention) I think that would give us a very good "democratic result", better than a "locked" 1-2-3.
EDIT: Where 3 points is; yes I want this car, let's not get confused about what end of the scale is good, :roflmao:

Also, to maximise the chance that we get the true feeling of the driver, i suggest we do it by e-mail, just send it to rd(at)prestogp com (use your little grey cells to understand address). And i suggest we complete it preferably within 24 hours, worst case 48 hours ;)

Or, possibly it will become apparent quite soon I hope if a vote is needed or if the result is obvious as Sean sais :) Edit: Let's do the vote anyway, it might be a bit unfair to just assume FRR would win the vote. If one think one knows the result then there is nothing stopping you from practicing, there are servers open for all candidates :thumbsup:

Lol :roflmao:
I get you :thumbsup:

Some basic aero tests made in PrestoGP Test Facility with Formula RaceRoom, 3km flat, here are the results:

Front wing = 0.3km/h per level. Tested from 2 - 12 and it held up very consistently. There were no change at all from settings 1-2. Actually i got 1km/h faster but the conditions can vary, ie i might have steered a bit more in the previous run or i didn't go far enough...

Rear wing: = 2km/h per level. As expected, 1 is slower than 2 due to rear tires slipping. Tested from 2-10 and it held up consistently.

So a change from 15/5 to 13/13 is ~2,5km/h. This is all absolute top speed (3km straight, starting speed around 200km/h) so realistic changes are less, i would guess around 1.5km/h in Monza per rear wing level and around 0.25km/h for front wing. Going from 20/10 to 15/5 would be ~15km/h In Monza. That is a guess, the real value is somewhere between the absolute maximum and realistic figures.

Conclusion: Rear wing will set the top speed, front wing adjusts the aerobalance, in that order. Nothing really news for anyone but it is more close to real life where they basically choose one rearwing and then change front wing flaps. MMG had it opposite: choose front wing and then change rear to fix aerobalance. MMG also had a bit more variety as one level of front wing was close to FRR and rear wing has a lot more room for tweaking.

My thoughts: Front tire wear is easier to control. Rear wheel wear is still in your throttle control. The fact that it's easier to spin/lock wheels makes it harder to control wear, specially when pushing it. So it requires some real racing skills to get the most out of them. MMG gave you more warnings.

So if Chirlie and Peter who had problem racing mmg or f3000 in previous vote were ok with frr doesnt that solve the problem for us anyway ? First we would need to know if they were ok with frr ?.

Shouldn't we at least first ask everyone (not just two drivers), if they will participate season 10, if FRR is used? Just came to my mind, as I am not too eager to drive a full season with FRR, like I mentioned in my earlier post. Ok, I am also getting tired with this arguing, but at least keep it fair. :thumbsup:

Grid size could actually be given greater value over people's personal favorite or no-favorite.

Well yes? that would then be the most popular choice no?

im so confused now im questioning my sexuality :roflmao:

:speechless:

So, you suggest that we choose the car that gets least minuses, or did I understand this right?

No.... we see what the outcome is, and then chose the car that is either the winner or comes the one that comes a close second but everyone is happy to race as opposed to 2 or 3 people dropping out if we chose the car with the top score

It seemed simple to me at the time of posting but now I begin to doubt my own logic:geek: , My prediction is: I can see MMG winning the vote and thats what we go with but as a result we loose 2 or 3 drivers yet everyone seemed happy to go with FFR which came a close second, thats what I'm keen to avoid!

I dont want to loose Peter or David or anyone else for that matter so I'm trying to come up with something that avoids this scenario

FRR:poop: is my 3rd choice btw, but I suspect its the one that would see us all back on the grid in a few weeks

If I'm not making any sense then just ignore all I've said

Jim

Shouldn't we at least first ask everyone (not just two drivers), if they will participate season 10, if FRR is used?

FRR:poop: is my 3rd choice btw, but I suspect its the one that would see us all back on the grid in a few weeks

Marko has a good point, have I got it right if this is the current situation?
-If we race f3000 everybody will join except Chirlie. David will be quite unhappy as well I predict.
-If we race MMG everybody will join except Peter and possibly Marko
-If we race FRR everybody will join except Marko and possibly Peter
-I see no clear majority favoring a particular car, som prefer the MMG, some the f3000 and some the FRR, at least from my point of view.

By now all 3 car models have had their time in the lime light, being a clear favorite at the bookmakers as the season 10 car at Presto GP. Currently though it is an open race between the 3 cars.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back