Racing Game Challenges! - Archive

Haha, you noticed!

There will still be judging at the end of the week to check for things like that. This is why we want a video of your laps, just to confirm this.

But wait. Where is the racing line when you are in the middle of the infield? The racing line is essentially a circle defined by boundaries, so you can be more than 90 degrees off while sitting on the grid. If the rules are "there are no rules" and that means there are no boundaries, then there is no "proper" racing line for any given time stamp.

But wait. Where is the racing line when you are in the middle of the infield? The racing line is essentially a circle defined by boundaries, so you can be more than 90 degrees off while sitting on the grid. If the rules are "there are no rules" and that means there are no boundaries, then there is no "proper" racing line for any given time stamp.
When I crossed the track between turns 3 and 4, I was more than 90 degrees

When I crossed the track between turns 3 and 4, I was more than 90 degrees
Well that's less :p
hhh.png

Pretty shocked a staff member would say this.
IMO thread should be closed.
This is a light-hearted challenge, where there aren't really any rules. The legality of an already sketchy lap that is not going to win is not something that would lead to a thread being closed.

Drive a lap at Laguna Seca in REVERSE GEAR, also going clockwise (backwards at Laguna Seca)! Record the lap in the the view you played it, but attach the lap seen from replay cameras edited to play backwards (so it looks like you're driving forward in regular direction).
[any track with sick elevation changes and tight corners will work for this challenge, doesn't need to be Laguna Seca; the track would be deserving of a better challange]

Week #3 - Landing a Jump!
Petrov.jpg
Some cars are designed to jump. Rally Cars and Stadium Supertrucks, spring to mind. But sometimes, other racing cars take to the air. Your challenge this week is to get in any vehicle on a game, make it jump into the air, and land it. By land it, I mean upright and able to drive off again. The victory will be awarded to the person who manages to fly most spectacularly before landing.

This can be done in any way. Whether it be a regular jump in a rally car, a Stunt Jump on Forza Horizon 3 for example, taking off after colliding with another car or maybe just driving flat-out at the hill before the final chicane at the Nurburgring, just post a nice video of you taking off and landing on your wheels.

Good luck!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 246 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years