Racing Club Rules - Now in Video Format!

Chris

Premium
Racedepartment Club Racing is a place for SimRacers of ALL skill levels to come and enjoy our passion in a fun, friendly and safe environment.

But!... To provide an environment such as this requires a simple set of rules to ensure that everyone has a good experience with us! Thankfully, to make learning the rules an easy process for you, our Podcast (and streaming) extraordinaire, @Paul Glover has got you covered!

Our club races are available to all Premium Members of Racedepartment. Whether it’s rallying, to ovals, to open wheelers to trucks. We cater for all types of racing, and we encourage you all to take part in the awesome action out on track! Not only that, joining us on TeamSpeak for a chat, a joke and a laugh adds to the fun, and pretty soon you will be making friendships that last a lifetime.

Assetto Corsa Competizione Released 02.jpg

As I mentioned earlier, Club Racing only works because of our rules. They need to be simple enough to allow for mistakes, but also to cover the basics of driving etiquette, so that everyone can learn and grow to become a better SimRacer. For this we have developed 11, easy-to-follow rules (and one all-important Golden Rule) that all drivers must abide by when on track. You can read them HERE.

However, we understand that reading a bunch of rules may not be everyone’s cup of tea, so we have recently created a video, outlining the rules and presenting them in a clear and understandable format. They’re important to know, because after all, these are the things that separate our servers from the carnage and destruction that often results from public server racing.

Have a watch, learn the rules, sign up to a club and HAVE FUN!

If you have any questions about any of the rules, or just about Club Racing with Racedepartment in general, feel free to comment below and tag a staff member, and we will be more than happy to help you out

Like what we are doing here at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Recently broke a rules completely unaware of it, apparently leaving the server during the race was not allowed and I can understand why. I was notified and that won't happen again, simply because, I understand the motive behind it.

As a kid I was trying to gather people and have them race properly with rules. Imagine that, being 10-11-12 year olds, in times of Counter Strike and Dota invasions, I was trying to make some completely not interested in motorsport friends to race properly and oblige the rules, which were more or less exactly the same as the rules in here - namely you are not allowed to press escape during races etc because that would eventually push people to do better and more professional and so on. But it wasn't easy.

So thank you guys for all your efforts.

Recently broke a rules completely unaware of it, apparently leaving the server during the race was not allowed and I can understand why. I was notified and that won't happen again, simply because, I understand the motive behind it.

As a kid I was trying to gather people and have them race properly with rules. Imagine that, being 10-11-12 year olds, in times of Counter Strike and Dota invasions, I was trying to make some completely not interested in motorsport friends to race properly and oblige the rules, which were more or less exactly the same as the rules in here - namely you are not allowed to press escape during races etc because that would eventually push people to do better and more professional and so on. But it wasn't easy.

So thank you guys for all your efforts.

Back in GTR2 days the leave server could cause people to lag and disconnect from the server transmitting that information to all who was left.

That prompted our community to put that rule in effect.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 332 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 463 39.2%