Racing Club forums moved

We need to think about new users and ease of transition into the community rather then the dinosaurs of the RD who have been here since the dawn of time.

Hey Keith, not all of us dinosaurs were against this move. :poke: :tongue::D:D:D

But your point is spot on, we should always be thinking about what is best to make things easier for new visitors. :good:

Thanks are due to Dave for the changed layout to make the Calendar even more obvious, very good move. :wink:

I agree with both of you on that point of new members. Large forums an unwieldy beasts at the best of times.

Often it's doubly hard to gauge when you factor in varying levels of computer literacy. Hopefully this will go towards making things easier.

As a bonus I think having the club menu up top gives added prominence to our racing activities. Between Racing Clubs, Leagues, and Rankings it becomes much more clear that were here for racing first and the other stuff is the support structure around it.

Guys, the 'racing club' tab atop of the screen and the full schedule option are excellent! Fast, informative and soooo simple to use, great!

Is it worth putting up a little guide to new users, to show them how to use all this? A site 'overview' with all the quick links to get em started? I know I was very new to forums when I came here and it took me a while to become 'orientated'. This may encourage more use? Maybe it can be sent to them when the Register?

Only my tupence worth :)

Any chance of including the old colour tags in the new scheme? A single colour for all posts in a game forum. Any kind of differentiation would help really. Or to somehow be able to exclude subforums you don't follow.

It's harder to find things you want to read in New Posts when it's just text.
First I look at threads I have posted in (icon in front of the name), and then I look on the right side to find new posts in subforums that interest me. Missed a couple of posts the first few days, I'm more careful now :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 276 13.5%