Racing and traffic AI for The Snake

Misc Racing and traffic AI for The Snake 0.01-1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Sim_Misg submitted a new resource:

Racing and traffic AI for the Snake - Racing and traffic AI files for the Snake track mod

This mod provides racing and open-road traffic AI functionality to The Snake track mod for Assetto Crosa. Only the initial alpha release (version 0.01) is supported.

Both racing and traffic AI lines are provided for uphill and downhill (reverse) layouts. Racing layouts support up to 8 cars. Traffic layouts have 17 start positions spread across the 2-way AI loop. When using the traffic layouts offline, AI Flood feature from CSP is recommended. Otherwise, start a race with the number of...

Read more about this resource...

Sim_Misg updated Racing and traffic AI for The Snake with a new update entry:

Traffic line vertical offset fix, U-turn area as pit zone

Sorry for the misaligned traffic line in last version. The problem has been fixed.

Following the recommendation of @alekabul , the uphill and downhill u-turn points are now defined as pit zones. The pit lane is also made as a duplicate of the main fast lane. This helps the AI to start driving easier.

In the traffic layouts, some damping is added to the pit zone surface, which makes the faster AI cars gain a speed advantage over less powerful ones even under the speed...

Read the rest of this update entry...

The update works on my side :) Even some very picky mod "cars" on 3 wheels can handle it
Screenshot_bacmono_thesnake_v1_3-8-121-14-39-16.jpg

For rainFX I'm using
Code:
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ?ASPHALT?, ?lane line?

and for "C:\Users\*******\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\new_behaviour.ini"
Code:
[AI_FLOOD]
PUSH_FORCE=150000
SHUFFLE_BEHAVIOUR=ALWAYS
MIN_TRACK_LENGTH=2000
Y_OFFSET=-0.15
PUSH_SPEED=50
SPAWN_MIN_DISTANCE_TO_PLAYER=240, 120
SPAWN_DISTANCE=260, 180
SPAWN_RANGE=220, 160
SPAWN_DESPAWN=300, 140

[AI_RACE_RETIREMENT]
REJOIN=1

[AI_SPLINES]
CACHE_GRID=0
Screenshot_lotus_2_eleven_thesnake_v1_3-8-121-14-36-45.jpg

I also found out that the physical mesh on the "*ASPHALT****" objects is a lot more interesting than the smoothed "*ROAD***" but for that I had to erase the "1ROAD", "2ROAD" and "3ROAD" from the model. Even that don't prevent the AI lines from working.

Last edited:
The update works on my side :) Even some very picky mod "cars" on 3 wheels can handle itView attachment 500369

For rainFX I'm using
Code:
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ?ASPHALT?, ?lane line?

and for "C:\Users\*******\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\new_behaviour.ini"
Code:
[AI_FLOOD]
PUSH_FORCE=150000
SHUFFLE_BEHAVIOUR=ALWAYS
MIN_TRACK_LENGTH=2000
Y_OFFSET=-0.15
PUSH_SPEED=50
SPAWN_MIN_DISTANCE_TO_PLAYER=240, 120
SPAWN_DISTANCE=260, 180
SPAWN_RANGE=220, 160
SPAWN_DESPAWN=300, 140

[AI_RACE_RETIREMENT]
REJOIN=1

[AI_SPLINES]
CACHE_GRID=0
View attachment 500368
for me is crashing when it loads ai spine... :(

for me is crashing when it loads ai spine... :(
You seem sure it's not a mod car or CSP-config that's causing this but just in case - try with Kunos cars only and CSP "off". If it crashes again - consider Steam re-hash of the game's install as this could be a symptom of corrupted core.

Last edited:
after the last update i got "unexpected error" when i try to load the map
Do you happen to have CSP AI Cache on? If yes, make sure you delete those caches when updating anything related to AI. If that doesn't help, try re-installing the entire track mod and apply this AI add-on again.

Last edited:
You seem sure it's not a mod car or CSP-config that's causing this but just in case - try with Kunos cars only and CSP "off". If it crashes again - consider Steam re-hash of the game's install as this could be a symptom of corrupted core.
Kunos cars only... :( only traffic layout crash and also if i m alone ... just after this update i got this

"Do you happen to have CSP AI Cache on? If yes, make sure you delete those caches when updating anything related to AI. If that doesn't help, try re-installing the entire track mod and apply this AI add-on again."

I disabled cache generated grids and works now :D
Thank you guys

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back