RaceTrack Data Acquisition (RDA)

DiRT Rally 2.0 RaceTrack Data Acquisition (RDA) 1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
bn880 submitted a new resource:

RaceTrack Data Acquisition (RDA) - Live delta display and MoTeC CSV BIN data logging for DiRT Rally games

What is RDA?
RDA is an application that can log telemetry from DiRT Rally (all stages/courses/vehicles) and DiRT Rally 2.0 (base release Cars/Stages and may work for DLC stages) to CSV, BIN, or MoTeC LD files.

RDA also allows you to compare instantaneous and live Delta T and Delta V if you have already completed a stage/lap in the same vehicle. Your best stage/lap is saved on completion.
Currently the live deltas are rendered only on a secondary monitor or...

Read more about this resource...

bn880 updated RaceTrack Data Acquisition (RDA) with a new update entry:

Add all DLC Rally cars for DR 2.0 v1.41. Add Monaco and Germany DLC. Renders over Windowed game.

Version 1.1 of RDA has been published.

New:
  • Support added for all DR 2.0 v1.41 Rally cars including 2000cc.
  • Support added for Monaco and Germany Rally Events.
  • RDA now renders on top of game windows so you can use Live Performance over windowed/borderless DiRT Rally (2.0).
Planned:
  • Support for RX is still planned, but donations would speed...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Support for DR 2.0 Rally Sweden, Lancia 037 Evo 2 and Porsche 911 SC RS added

Version 1.2 of RDA has been published.

New:
  • Support added for DR 2.0 Sweden Rally Event (all Stage Rally Events from 1.51 now supported)
  • Support added for Lancia 037 Evo 2, Porsche 911 SC RS Group B RWD Stage Rally cars (all Stage Rally Cars from 1.51 Supported)

Planned:
  • Support for RX is still planned but not scheduled, but donations would speed...

RX/Wales/Focus 2001 suport added! Plus Live Performance timing fix.

Version 1.3 of RDA has been published.
View attachment 320474
New:

• Support added for DR 2.0 Wales Event
  • Support added for all DR 2.0 v1.7 RX Venues
  • Support added for all DR 2.0 v1.7 RX Vehicles (note “VW Polo R Supercar” is detected as the Audi Supercar)
  • Support added for DR 2.0 Ford Focus RS Rally 2001
  • Fixed fastest lap timing display when swapping RX vehicles on same RX Event

Planned:...

For anybody who might have this problem, there's a new vr config file hardware_settings_config_vr.xml you need to edit to get this app to work. Cheers!

Hey @bn880, any plans to add support for Greece & Finland events? Also, would it be possible to add an option so the split times can be displayed as well?

Personnally I disable timing in the game because it's easy (too) to get distracted by it, it would be really nice to have the possibility to view split times after the stage is complete.

DirtFish, 306 Maxi and cleaner log files.

View attachment 342448
New:
  • Support added for DirtFish free roam.
  • Support added for Peugeot 306 Maxi DLC car.
  • Changed: RDA now saves each new stage attempt to a new file, allowing for much easier and cleaner tracking of fastest runs.

Special Thanks:
  • Special thanks to mrjiffy6, Malkael, Mike Dee and Cortextual for their contributions.

Hey @bn880, any plans to add support for Greece & Finland events? Also, would it be possible to add an option so the split times can be displayed as well?

Personnally I disable timing in the game because it's easy (too) to get distracted by it, it would be really nice to have the possibility to view split times after the stage is complete.
Hello, I will think about how that can be done, I don't want to dump it to the motec log per say as it would most likely mean adding 5% to the file size and processing time. Perhaps just displayed on the UI. In any case, it may be quite a while. I have some very interesting ideas of my own on how to improve the UI data for competition as well. (just a bit too busy right now to work on RDA)

I am noticing one more issue with the 1.4 update. Sometimes the data just does not record, however the timings and delta compared to existing lap displays correctly. When this happens, the STOP/START button continuously flash red/yellow for the whole stage duration. The read queues fills up correctly but the write queues stalls at around 3. It happens from times to times and I cannot identify in what particular circumstances it does happen.

I am using the 1.4 version on windows 10 x64.

Can you tell me one set of circumstances then? Even if it's not unique? So far I have not been able to see this issue here.

Finland, Greece, 2019 RX Supercars, BMW M2 and all RX venues

New:

• Support added for all remaining RX cars for DR 2.0 released until this date. *Ford Fiesta Rallycross (STARD) recognized as Ford Fiesta RXS Evo 5.
  • Support added for all remaining RX venues for DR 2.0 released until this date.
  • Support added for BMW M2 Competition stage rally car
  • Support added for DR 2.0 Greece stages
  • Support added for DR 2.0 Finland stages
Special thanks for...

Great tool, been waiting forever for something like this. Any news on Win7 development plans?
Thanks!

Yes, after lots of time trying to make it work Win 7 plans have been cancelled because there were issues with some functions missing in WIn 7 for CRT. Core things that I can not skip at all. It would take a few days of coding to convert the whole solution to older C++ version, and I won't be doing this unless I get funding for it. :thumbsdown:

6 cars added to complete DiRT Rally 2.0 support in RDA!

New:

• Support added for DR 2.0 Ford Fiesta R5 MKII
  • Support added for DR 2.0 Peugeot 206 Rally
  • Support added for DR 2.0 Subaru Impreza S4 Rally
  • Support added for DR 2.0 Subaru Impreza (2001)
  • Support added for DR 2.0 Seat Ibiza Kitcar
  • Support added for DR 2.0 Volkswagen Golf Kitcar
That should be all the vehicles and stages/tracks in DR2.0 to date. Merry Christmas/Happy Festivus

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years