Racerooms claustrophobic setup menu.

Something that has allways irritated me is that the setup menu in Raceroom is so compressed that its
pretty impossible to use any meaningfull setup names - at least if you want to be able to read it in the displayed setup list.
Yes I know a name like grannys-best-setup will go but if you as me want to be able to describe some of the used settings inside the setup in its name - then its impossible.

But as can be seen in my example then it should be rather easy to widen the horizontal resolution so there will be more space to the the names.
And yes yes I know that my example has just stretched the list(and the font).
But you probably get the picture.;)
2019-04-22 tooSmallSetupNames_50prcPDrw.jpg

And here my proposal:
2019-04-22 tooSmallSetupNames-wide-50prc.jpg

Maybe we should get back to the original problem that you cant read Racerooms setup menu if the setup names are much longer than 15 characters.
A discussion about that could be a bit more constructive.

Ah ok. Back then I was far more into touring cars than GTs, so stuck with Race 07 rather than GTR 2. I did love GTL but I can't remember what the setup screens were like... didn't mess with setups that much.

To crave for what one hasn't, blurs what one has!
If I was to have a wish list, I'm not sure this would even make it on there, if there were adaptive tracks and weather, then I get it but once you have the car handling to the best for your ability any changes are surely small and either improve things or not. I just see no NEED for this but as a polisher for when a plethora of more important details are cleared up, maybe but................................

To crave for what one hasn't, blurs what one has!
If I was to have a wish list, I'm not sure this would even make it on there...
I just see no NEED for this but as a polisher for when a plethora of more important details are cleared up...
Which shows perfectly that we all have our own priorities when it comes to what we think is needed for sim improvement. I mean, you yourself mentioned two things which are way down my own priority list to the point that I don't consider them to be important at all. We all have opinions and personal preferences, and none of them are right or wrong.

Variety is the spice of life, :sleep: I get the subjectivity of life but surely the whole point of these discussions is to provide then concur or disagree with ideas, this way the dev's can absorb or mock at will in the office. What blurs the lines is intolerance of other ideas to the point of abuse, dislike someone's suggestion by all means but there is no need for any venom whatsoever, however dumb that idea maybe, we're all into the same thing ffs.
I try my hardest to tolerate the trolls & princesses on all forums I peruse. I know some comments are lost in translation but guys this is a forum for sim racers, we have no differences, just in priorities and in the end we are all after the same goal, we're a team! :thumbsup:
Right, who fancies a week in the Welsh mountains throwing rocks at middle management?
One thing is obvious, there is a magnitude of passion and with a nudge here and a nudge there, we will all be there at the endgame!
Happy!
For 5 minutes at least! :rolleyes:

No offence mate, but I really don't see any venom in this thread right now. All I see if people with different opinions doing exactly what you say these forums are for. :)
Been looking into my crystal ball ;) it was more a pep talk to myself and I thought it wouldn't hurt to post on here. People tend to forget that we're all after the same thing, a sim that looks like real life, drives like a real car and you don't need the salary of a pro race driver to enjoy it. Been hanging round here for years @Ross Garland and seen my fair share of venom, no forum is troll free, had to spit a fair amount myself, I do it into my tea mug though, well try to but some people :rolleyes:
I'm not sleeping a lot and am limited to just a few laps a day driving and being the age I am, I guess I just don't get what there is to complain about, :O_o: there are several quality sims on the market and a couple 'worth the money if you have it' titles that at least look the part, if lacking in other areas. Just don't get some people I guess, funny old world.
Perhaps some gardening leave is required for oneself!
Anyone got a spare garden they don't need?

Note: But if you as example are satisfied with downloading others setups or does only use the default ones with few standard changes then some kind of a, b, c, d notation will be quite enough. Hehe and you will probably not be interrested in finding a "pattern" of the setups most adapted to your personal driving style.:)

So what you're saying is, can we have more room for file naming so schizophrenics can save their alternate egos setup's also?
How many driving styles can you have for one track and one car?
I think I'm confused. :O_o:

Just an example of how easy it could be to compare setups if Raceroom was able to display reasonable filenames:
1-kapiWin.png

EDIT:
I dont know if it is my sight that has been better or S3 Studio silently have listened:) - but now I suddenly evaluate the display as "not that bad" (= acceptable).
Somewhat:sneaky:

0-kapi.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years