RaceRoom | WTCR 2020 Coming Soon - New Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios are set to release the 2020 WTCR car pack for RaceRoom Racing Experience, and ahead of launch day, the development team have started to tease their first preview images.
  • New models from Cupra and Renault.
  • All the teams, drivers, cars and liveries from WTCR 2020.
  • Expected to release in the next few days.
Continuing with the official licence to replicate the FIA WTCR championship - the top level touring car category in the world, Sector3 Studios have recently dropped some exciting looking preview images from their upcoming 2020 DLC pack release.

Although 2020 was another difficult year for the real world series, thanks in no small part to the worldwide health pandemic, the category did manage to deliver a full championship season, mostly on European soil, and also a few new cars and team / driver combinations made appearances during the year.

r3e wtcr 2.jpg

Keen to ensure the latest version of the category is represented within the simulation, Sector3 Studios have now added the latest Cupra model and the brand-new to RaceRoom Renault Mégane RS TCR - which honestly looks fabulous in what is, for me, the best class of car within RaceRoom Racing Experience.

Check out the new preview images below:

r3e wtcr header.jpg

r3e wtcr 4.jpg
r3e wtcr 5.jpg

Original Source; Sector 3 Studios.

RaceRoom Racing Experience fans rejoice! Join in the conversation and start a new thread today in the R3E sub forum right here at RaceDepartment !

r3e wtcr 3.jpg

Last edited:
I believe that if the car model is exactly the same, then you just pay for the livery. Pretty sure that's how it worked with the GTR 3 and ADAC classes, so I presume it's the same for the WTCRs.

So I just tried to purchase a 2020 single livery for a 2019 car I own and it charged me 199vrp for the 2020 car instead of just 35 vrp for the livery.

So it appears you have to purchase the car again to get the 2020 liveries.

Maybe all the models have been updated? I don't know.

Is there any particular reason why the Audi and Hyundai are half the price of the other WTCRs? All other cars through all three packs are 399vRP, but the 2020 Audi/Hyundai are only 199vRP.

Maybe all the models have been updated? I don't know.

Is there any particular reason why the Audi and Hyundai are half the price of the other WTCRs? All other cars through all three packs are 399vRP, but the 2020 Audi/Hyundai are only 199vRP.

On my end I see all the cars in the 2020 pack but Leon and Megane for 199vRP. Seat and Leon are 399vRP, which makes sense because they're new models.

On my end I see all the cars in the 2020 pack but Leon and Megane for 199vRP. Seat and Leon are 399vRP, which makes sense because they're new models.
I'm sorry but I don't understand... there is no Leon, and the Megane is cheaper for you? (Seat is a manufacturer, Leon is one of their models but is not a WTCR.) :cautious:

I'm viewing the store via web browser and not logged in, so no discounts are being applied. As you can see, the Audi and Hyundai are cheaper than all the others, and cheaper than their counterparts in the 2018/2019 packs.

WTCRStore.png

I'm sorry but I don't understand... there is no Leon, and the Megane is cheaper for you? (Seat is a manufacturer, Leon is one of their models but is not a WTCR.) :cautious:

I'm viewing the store via web browser and not logged in, so no discounts are being applied. As you can see, the Audi and Hyundai are cheaper than all the others, and cheaper than their counterparts in the 2018/2019 packs.

View attachment 448987
First of all buy the pack, it's cheaper unless you only want a few cars and liveries.
It's not SEAT, it's Cupra which they separated from SEAT now so it is the Cupra Leon and the Renault Megane that are new bodies. Prices vary depending on what you own previously from R3E and that's Euros so if you're not Euros it is dependent on exchange rate etc. Example, I'm Canadian but the purchase price at checkout is in US dollars.
R3E have new liveries but not new cars for the other 5 from last season. If you bought them then, you're only paying for the liveries for 2020. If you didn't previously own them then your price may be higher than others that did.

First of all buy the pack, it's cheaper unless you only want a few cars and liveries.
I already own everything bud. I did before the new WTCRs were released, and I do now too.

Prices vary depending on what you own previously from R3E and that's Euros so if you're not Euros it is dependent on exchange rate etc.
Please re-read my post and take a look at the screenshot. :rolleyes: My other post states the prices in vRP, not Euros, which are not even subject to exchange rates. You can see the vRP price by simply mousing-over the monetary price on the website.

As I said, I am viewing the R3E store from my web browser, not from in the game, and I am not logged in. Therefore, the prices shown in the screenshot include no discounts or bonuses. Yet two cars are clearly shown as €1.99 (199vRP) while the rest, and the same cars in the previous WTCR packs, are all €3.98 (399vRP). That is the anomaly behind my question, and has nothing to do with owned-content-based discounts or exchange rates.

I bought today the WTCC 2020 Pack (I already had all the other ones) complete and everything works fine, EXCEPT the Renault Megane that does NOT change the view ...... the camera is under the car ..... goes to the track, the car works, .... but it always goes with the camera under the car, and the car in the air ... does anyone have this problem with this car ???
Thanks

I bought today the WTCC 2020 Pack (I already had all the other ones) complete and everything works fine, EXCEPT the Renault Megane that does NOT change the view ...... the camera is under the car ..... goes to the track, the car works, .... but it always goes with the camera under the car, and the car in the air ... does anyone have this problem with this car ???
Thanks
Yes, I have the exact same problem. I see a hotfix coming.

View attachment 448987

Sorry, yes, Cupra is their motorsport subsidiary and Seat has quite a few Cupra cars in their lineup, so I just shortened it to Leon instead of Cupra Leon.

When I said Leon and Seat, I meant Leon and Megane, sorry for that part, I probably shouldn't post when I'm tired :)

When I log in I see Cupra and Megane for 399vRP, while all the other cars in the pack are 199vRP.

Hope that clarifies that:)

ETA: I just checked the store via web browser and I also see Audi and Hyundai cheaper (199vRP), while the rest of the cars are regular 399vRP. Maybe they run a special on RS3 and i30?

Last edited:
@Goffik do you think next time the club runs wtrc you'll include 18, 19 and 20 models or just the new 20's?

I was hoping, having bought the ultimate pack in November, that the new content would be cheaper by dint of discounts. Seems not so maybe I have to wait until enough comes out to make the ultimate pack available to me again.

Last edited:
@Goffik do you think next time the club runs wtrc you'll include 18, 19 and 20 models or just the new 20's?

I was hoping, having bought the ultimate pack in November, that the new content would be cheaper by dint of discounts. Seems not so maybe I have to wait until enough comes out to make the ultimate pack available to me again.

I dunno if buying the vrp would work out any cheaper. https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/list_page?cat=24

Last edited:
I dunno if buying the vrp would work out any cheaper. https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/list_page?cat=24

Marginally but still around £10 for 2 cars effectively, it's not the amount that bothers me but the fact that I can't get it cheaper having bought all the content 3 month ago. I sort of expected to be able to buy the ultimate pack again but with all of my owned content discounted, it would make everything new cost around £3 (4% of ultimate pack which is about the same amount extra content). It seems to work like that for some things but not others (gt3 pack, pro pack for example) which is a bit annoying as it feels like they make it up as they go along.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 296 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 424 39.7%