RaceRoom | WTCR 2020 Coming Soon - New Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios are set to release the 2020 WTCR car pack for RaceRoom Racing Experience, and ahead of launch day, the development team have started to tease their first preview images.
  • New models from Cupra and Renault.
  • All the teams, drivers, cars and liveries from WTCR 2020.
  • Expected to release in the next few days.
Continuing with the official licence to replicate the FIA WTCR championship - the top level touring car category in the world, Sector3 Studios have recently dropped some exciting looking preview images from their upcoming 2020 DLC pack release.

Although 2020 was another difficult year for the real world series, thanks in no small part to the worldwide health pandemic, the category did manage to deliver a full championship season, mostly on European soil, and also a few new cars and team / driver combinations made appearances during the year.

r3e wtcr 2.jpg

Keen to ensure the latest version of the category is represented within the simulation, Sector3 Studios have now added the latest Cupra model and the brand-new to RaceRoom Renault Mégane RS TCR - which honestly looks fabulous in what is, for me, the best class of car within RaceRoom Racing Experience.

Check out the new preview images below:

r3e wtcr header.jpg

r3e wtcr 4.jpg
r3e wtcr 5.jpg

Original Source; Sector 3 Studios.

RaceRoom Racing Experience fans rejoice! Join in the conversation and start a new thread today in the R3E sub forum right here at RaceDepartment !

r3e wtcr 3.jpg

Last edited:
@Goffik do you think next time the club runs wtrc you'll include 18, 19 and 20 models or just the new 20's?
All of the WTCR seasons have been brought up to the same spec and BoP'd. So any WTCR events I run in the club will use all three packs together, to allow the maximum number of people to join at minimal or no extra cost. :thumbsup:

I was hoping, having bought the ultimate pack in November, that the new content would be cheaper by dint of discounts. Seems not so maybe I have to wait until enough comes out to make the ultimate pack available to me again.

It seems to work like that for some things but not others (gt3 pack, pro pack for example) which is a bit annoying as it feels like they make it up as they go along.
They're not making things up as they go along. Each user can only buy each pack once. If you buy the Premium Pack you get everything in the game at that time for one price... a pretty good deal, which gets better each time they release new content since you get more for the same price. After that you have to buy things individually, which I don't think is that unreasonable to be honest.

What you can do if you're adamant to save money is keep an eye on the content included in the Starter and Pro Packs. Sometimes they change it, so it they happen to add something you don't already own you can buy one of those packs to get it discounted. But as above, you can only do this once for each pack.

You can also wait for one of the numerous sales which happen each year, with the next likely being at Easter which is only a weeks away right now.

All of the WTCR seasons have been brought up to the same spec and BoP'd. So any WTCR events I run in the club will use all three packs together, to allow the maximum number of people to join at minimal or no extra cost. :thumbsup:

They're not making things up as they go along. Each user can only buy each pack once. If you buy the Premium Pack you get everything in the game at that time for one price... a pretty good deal, which gets better each time they release new content since you get more for the same price. After that you have to buy things individually, which I don't think is that unreasonable to be honest.

What you can do if you're adamant to save money is keep an eye on the content included in the Starter and Pro Packs. Sometimes they change it, so it they happen to add something you don't already own you can buy one of those packs to get it discounted. But as above, you can only do this once for each pack.

You can also wait for one of the numerous sales which happen each year, with the next likely being at Easter which is only a weeks away right now.

Ok, that explains why the Pro pack is available to me. I might buy the Renault anyway but it's good to know I don't need too to take part in club races if they're chosen.

After trying the cars out, I really like the Cupra but, the Renault was merely OK. I had a bit of trouble getting use to it. Not to say I cannot use it in a race, but the back end wanted to rotate a lot more than the other WTCRs I tried. This is probably something that can be fixed with a few tweaks in the setup menu. (Something I struggle with at the moment.)

Marginally but still around £10 for 2 cars effectively, it's not the amount that bothers me but the fact that I can't get it cheaper having bought all the content 3 month ago. I sort of expected to be able to buy the ultimate pack again but with all of my owned content discounted, it would make everything new cost around £3 (4% of ultimate pack which is about the same amount extra content). It seems to work like that for some things but not others (gt3 pack, pro pack for example) which is a bit annoying as it feels like they make it up as they go along.
I'm sure your probably aware and I just misread....but the premium pack is a one time deal. After you've bought it, you have to pay for everything for here on in.

It would be nice for say if after say 5 yrs of purchasing a premium pack that it unlocks again.

For now buy VRP and wait for sales to get the best deals.

Edit: apologies, I didn't realize that my browser refreshed on page three and there was a half dozen responses with info :)

Last edited:
That's strange, because for me it felt like the opposite. Using default setups, I found the Megane harder to rotate than the Cupra by some margin. Different driving styles I guess.

Yeah, I have the tendency to completely lift of the throttle when turning. It makes for fun times in just about any WTCR. :laugh:

(Edit)

I just took the Renault to Imola, and the back end wouldn't come around. No matter how hard I turned while braking. I stand corrected.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Full livery set cost for some cars can get very expensive.
It's better to wait for when they go on sale, then they got listed as "packs" for cheap, with only missing content included. Just check "RaceRoom Packs" section on store front.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing