RaceRoom WTCC 2016 Preview Video, Release Next Week?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
WTCC 2016 Volvo RaceRoom.jpg

Sector3 Studios Georg Ortner has released an interesting new video of the WTCC 2016 pack for RaceRoom, prompting rumours that the cars could release as early as this week...

In his sizeable nine minute video, Sector3 Studios own Georg Ortner takes the 2016 specification Volvo Polestar S60 TC1 touring car around the Nürburgring-Nordschleife 24h layout in RaceRoom Racing Experience, battling out on track with the cars that will form the WTCC 2016 pack soon to be released for the sim.

The video and preview image attached to the top of this article have all been posted by Sector3 staff in recent days, along with the cryptic message on Facebook that read "The FIA WTCC Season starts next weekend, and we have something special planned for you guys. Stay tuned! #verysoon" leaving fans to speculate that the new cars might not be very far away from a release. Adding fuel to the fire, J-F Chardon joined in the banter with fans on the forum joking that we might see these cars as soon as Wednesday... but was it a joke?

Without doubt the previous 2013, 14 and 15 WTCC class of cars in RaceRoom have proven to be immensely popular amongst players, and the latest breed of World Touring Car machines are likely to follow suit when they release. With Honda, Lada, Chevrolet and Citroen all making a return for the 2016 pack, probably one of the biggest highlights to be included will be the stunningly attractive Volvo S60 of Polestar racing fame. Marking the first time Volvo have committed to a full season works effort in modern WTCC regulations, the quirky Swedish brand have somewhat of a cult fan following in touring car racing and it is likely that will continue in the virtual version of the championship.

Despite the real life WTCC falling from grace a little compared to the series heyday, the cars are still a blast to drive and provide some brilliantly close online racing. Should be a fun time..

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation exclusive to PC. Additional content can be purchased via the RaceRoom Store.

Don't forget to check out our awesome RaceDepartment RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum to stay abreast of all the latest news and discussions regarding the title. Check out our setups forum where you can download a community created car setup, or have a look at our thriving Racing Club for the game, a place where all skill and experience levels are welcomed to come along and enjoy the racing action online with friends.

Are you looking forward to the 2016 FIA World Touring Car Championship pack for RaceRoom? Looking forward to trying the first modern era Volvo in the game? Which car are you most anticipating driving once the pack releases? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Personally i prefer the driving experience in re3 wtcc15 cars over the ams touring cars, visuals, sounds and the ffb feels much more alive.
Sector3 has worked closely with polestar which gave the devs some data that they did not have available in past wtcc versions and it really shows in the wtcc 16 physic models....i felt the the 15 models were a big step in physics compared to the 13/14 models....i feel the 16 models are another step up.
Hopefully will get the flag system as well in the next build and the older wtcc models get a physics update :)

Last edited:
After the shambles of a (V8)Supercars exit by Volvo I lost all love I had with them (and I *loved* that Volvo, the engine note at Bathurst is something of wet dreams!), they really screwed GRM over in what was a complete farce and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Real life dislike aside this car does look good and I may purchase it purely to support the Devs on what is slowly becoming a very good racing sim, as above though, get S3 a BTCC License and pronto!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%