Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Updated - Porsche Tomorrow 1.jpg

Sector3 Studios have released a new build update in anticipation of the big Porsche DLC release now confirmed for Thursday 21st December.

Three new cars are on their way to RaceRoom Racing Experience tomorrow, and not only do they add two new classes of racing, but they represent the very first time the Porsche brand has appeared in the history of the RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation.

In preparation for the recently announced December 21st Porsche DLC release, Sector3 Studios have deployed a brand new build update to the simulation that mainly focusses on further AI improvements and some minor game improvements, however no doubt the biggest point of interest will be the three new Porsche cars that are awaiting unlocking in just a few hours time, with the awesome but difficult Cayman GT4 Clubsport, 911 GT3 Cup and 911 GT3 R all due to be made available to purchase in the public build at some stage tomorrow.

Earlier this evening we took these three new cars out for a test drive with Sector3 physics developer Alex Hodgkinson, and you will be able to watch all the action unfold again on our YouTube page in a short while (link will appear below when ready).

December 20th RaceRoom Racing Experience Build Notes:

Game:

• Added a default profile for Fanatec CSL Elite PS4
  • Added a new selector for the strength of the collision effects in the FFB options menu
  • VR - Added an optional start-up argument to make the monitor presentation of the VR session be toggled on from the start, without needing to use the keybind. Mostly used for events or regular streamers. Add "monitor" to your VR start-up argument, for example "-vr 1.5 monitor" to toggle on the monitor presentation.
  • VR and Triple Screen - Fixed an issue with skydome being offset vertically as well as appearing broken in rearview mirrors on large track scenes like the Nuerburgring.
  • Triple Screen - Tweaked clip plane value for camera to avoid seeing cut objects, at the cost of some flickering in the distance.
  • AI - further improvements to make AI more careful around pit-entry, decreasing risk of AI overtaking a pitting car on wrong side of path
  • AI - further improvements of AI side-by-side logic
  • AI - Improved their decision making in changing tyres or not when having to refuel in a non mandatory pitstop race
  • Potential fix for a 64-bit crash when entering a race with triple screen enabled, after applying changes to graphics options.
  • Fixed a crash reported when using an OSW / DD wheel with MMOS FFB 2014 in 64-bit
  • Fixed a wrong Bosch label on the Callaway C7R virtual display.
  • Fixed an issue where the front headlights would turn off if the taillights were broken by an impact.
  • Code reworked to attempt and get rid of an issue where some controllers are sending throttle and brake inputs constantly until the user moves the wheel or a pedal.
  • Fixed a case in Spa Combined when game would think player has left the pitlane if player was leaning against the exterior wall at La Source.
  • Changed replay comment field in media hub to be multi-line. Increased max length when renaming replays to 128 and comment to 256.
Sound, Physics & AI:
  • BMW M6 GT3 - Made 5th gear a bit longer
  • BMW B6 Alpina - Bop adjustments and fuel use adjustments. Leaderboards entries with this car are wiped.
  • RUF RT12 GTR3 - Fuel use adjustments
  • Knutstorp - AI tweaks to stop them from messing up in last turns. Also made them behave better in first lap or a race.
  • Lakeview Hillclimb - Helicams (drone style) added
  • Nordschleife 24H + VLN - Fixed Action cameras switching to empty GP area in the first meters of the Nordschleife.
  • RaceRoom Raceway - Adjusted Cut Rules and AI speed tweaks for all layouts (leaderboards are wiped)
Art:
  • Brands Hatch - Fixed a hole in the ground in turn 2.
  • BMW M6 GT3 - Various matte finish tweaks
  • McLaren 650s GT3 - Various matte finish tweaks

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively to PC on a free to play platform with additional content available at a further cost.

RaceRoom Updated - Porsche Tomorrow 2.jpg

Love RaceRoom? Want to share the excitement with your fellow community members? No worries, we have all this and more at the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum right here at RaceDepartment:
Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Last edited:
Same thing come from me Paul , and that goes out to all you on here on RD! Merry Christmas!

Just turned on steam and there was definitely a good sized update ( 1.4gb's) , and I can't wait for these Porsche cars to come along! I find myself falling more and more in love with this sim. I'm a huge AMS and RF2 fan , and RRE just fits right in with those two for me......just love it!

i love raceroom, i thinks its the best sim right now, i wish ppl would stop calling it free to play though because its basically just a demo, this is where the majority of bad reviews stem from because ppl get misinformation or confused and then disappointed

You raise a great point. And its the devs who call it free to play, it says on their own website, so blame them.
But yes someone needs to go tell them its a demo, i think maybe lost in translation as they are Swedish and they are soooo polite.

You raise a great point. And its the devs who call it free to play, it says on their own website, so blame them.
But yes someone needs to go tell them its a demo, i think maybe lost in translation as they are Swedish and they are soooo polite.
Actually there is enough content to play around with for free. Not all cars are real, but still they are a pretty good drive. Spend 20 euro's and you have loads of fun. For people who don't want ta race another car/track combo every 10 minutes that is.

Totally agree, it is confusing calling it free to play but technically it is.
As @Richard Hessels points out, there is enough content to play the title without spending a penny. Plus there are even some seriously fast guys out there online with just the base game content, Carnhardts(sp?) Cars with default Raceroom tracks.

Actually there is enough content to play around with for free. Not all cars are real, but still they are a pretty good drive. Spend 20 euro's and you have loads of fun. For people who don't want ta race another car/track combo every 10 minutes that is.

Yes, but maybe if they called it a demo they would not have to suffer the grief they get from people complaining about having a free to play game that needs additional purchases.
Just from their perspective maybe thinking out loud it might be better for them.
RRE is an incredible game that seems to slip under the radar.
I've spent about £90 on it and I love it.
Every other sim i have got in steam sales for utter bargains, but RRE had no problem spending cash on all of the content.

Raceroom is a brilliant race sim and I love it dearly, but over the last few years I have spent too much, probably in the region of 130 - 170 quid and that is an expensive game. And it can all be lost if the servers go down or god forbid they go bust. So I have spent all I'm going to spend on this sim for now and I'll just enjoy it with the content I already own and I will always look forward to updates to the base game. :thumbsup:

• Deleted member 387850

Since joining R3E in October I've bought the Starter Pack, the GT3 Pack and then the Premium Pack on Black Friday. I held off on the new GT3s that were released as I already have more than I'll ever get around to driving, but I think I'll be adding at least the 911 Cup and the Cayman GT4 to my collection as they could make for some great single class club races! This has become my runaway favourite sim so big thanks to the devs for the content and to RD for their coverage :thumbsup:

The term "Free to play" has a specific meaning in the gaming industry which R3E absolutely meets - it gives you base content you can play for free, and the rest is available via microtransactions. If you take the term literally, then I guess I can see the confusion, but that doesn't really change anything.

The term "Free to play" has a specific meaning in the gaming industry which R3E absolutely meets - it gives you base content you can play for free, and the rest is available via microtransactions. If you take the term literally, then I guess I can see the confusion, but that doesn't really change anything.

No one is arguing that isn't true....but we were simply riffing the idea that maybe they call it a demo, you only need look to steam reviews to see that "free to play" does not seem to be doing RRE any favors. Which is a shame.
But hey yes i guess it is "free to play" but that is a sort of tarnished term due to a lot of "Free to play" apps on phones which then go on to rob blind mum and dads credit cards as little Timothy panders to his addictions.

• Deleted member 387850

Raceroom is a brilliant race sim and I love it dearly, but over the last few years I have spent too much, probably in the region of 130 - 170 quid and that is an expensive game.

I haven't been using R3E for long enough to see the costs escalate, but I'm assuming it's been more costly for early adopters to keep up with all the content? The Premium Pack (especially when on sale and with VRP) seems to represent a lot of content for the money so I'm extremely happy with what I've received to date, but I'll have to be picky about the cars I choose to buy in the future as adding them one by one could soon mount up.

I haven't been using R3E for long enough to see the costs escalate, but I'm assuming it's been more costly for early adopters to keep up with all the content? The Premium Pack (especially when on sale and with VRP) seems to represent a lot of content for the money so I'm extremely happy with what I've received to date, but I'll have to be picky about the cars I choose to buy in the future as adding them one by one could soon mount up.
You are correct Jon. Buying the premium pack a while ago was a mistake. I should have waited until 2022. :thumbsup::D

you only need look to steam reviews to see that "free to play" does not seem to be doing RRE any favors.

If you think the reviews would be any different if they stopped calling the game "free to play" and started calling it "demo" (which would be a move that would make no sense IMO, because it isn't a demo and it is a free to play game), then I guess you don't know Steam reviews much ;) (or Metacritic or any other public review system)

but I'll have to be picky about the cars I choose to buy in the future as adding them one by one could soon mount up

Does it matter, though? I don't really get why people seem to so often feel the need to follow how much they've spent over who knows how many months or even years. It still amounts to a few euro a month at most for hundreds of hours of fun. I honestly couldn't care less if I spent 20 or 100 euro on the game overall (I have no idea how much I've spent on R3E, but at this point very likely more than what the premium pack would've cost me). Nobody forced me to do that, after all, it was my choice. If new content comes up, then either I find the price acceptable to me for what it offers, I buy it and enjoy it with no need of looking back or second guessing my decision, or just ignore the content and keep playing what I have without spending another penny. It's not iRacing where you're forced to pay quite a lot more just for the option to be able to enjoy the content you already own.
I just honestly don't understand why that "but I've spent XY on Raceroom in the last five years!" complaint comes up so often.

Does it matter, though? I don't really get why people seem to so often feel the need to follow how much they've spent over who knows how many months or even years. It still amounts to a few euro a month at most for hundreds of hours of fun. I honestly couldn't care less if I spent 20 or 100 euro on the game overall (I have no idea how much I've spent on R3E, but at this point very likely more than what the premium pack would've cost me). Nobody forced me to do that, after all, it was my choice.
I just honestly don't understand why that "but I've spent XY on Raceroom in the last five years!" complaint comes up so often.
Thank goodness we all have different personalities. I don't understand why some egotistical people like to have a go at people who make different decisions to them for their own reasons. But just for your satisfaction I have only purchased everything on sale up till about two months ago and I was forced to do it by a terrorist holding a gun to my head. Is that OK for you?:rolleyes:

• Deleted member 387850

Does it matter, though? I don't really get why people seem to so often feel the need to follow how much they've spent over who knows how many months or even years. It still amounts to a few euro a month at most for hundreds of hours of fun. I honestly couldn't care less if I spent 20 or 100 euro on the game overall (I have no idea how much I've spent on R3E, but at this point very likely more than what the premium pack would've cost me). Nobody forced me to do that, after all, it was my choice. If new content comes up, then either I find the price acceptable to me for what it offers, I buy it and enjoy it with no need of looking back or second guessing my decision, or just ignore the content and keep playing what I have without spending another penny. It's not iRacing where you're forced to pay quite a lot more just for the option to be able to enjoy the content you already own.

I completely agree and to be honest I was going to say something similar in my last post. So far I've spent less on R3E then you would on a AAA game, and I've had infinitely more fun already. If you take a AAA game I'll usually play through the storyline once and that'll be it, whereas R3E is something I'll keep coming back to and I'm more than happy to pay a bit of money here or there to keep it interesting for me. I'd much rather that than buy F1 2010, F1 2011, F1 2012, F1 2013 etc. every year. On top of that I'd much rather buy a new car or track for R3E than spend money on a subscription like Netflix or Spotify because for me sim racing is my form of entertainment. All I'm saying is I want to pick and choose the content I wish to buy (another benefit of the pricing model) rather than buying every new thing that comes out, as not all of it necessarily appeals to me. I'm certainly not disputing the value for money, I just have to watch what I spend from a purely budgetary perspective ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back