RaceRoom Updated and Imola Circuit Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Racing Experience Update - September.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience has received a major update today, applying plenty of fixes and enhancements as well as the Imola circuit DLC...

Complete with the usual abundance of fixes and improvements, the new update for September also contains some very interesting feature updates, not least of which is the inclusion of tyre compound choices coming to the sim for the very first time. Available as Primary and Alternative variations, the new compound feature has been added to the Formula RR US and Formula X-17 cars, with further updates to a wider selection of vehicles scheduled to be released in future build updates.

Other highlights from the latest release include a very promising reduction in the amount of join lag experienced by players driving on when another car enters the multiplayer event. This has been something of a long running issue with RaceRoom, and should be a very positive improvement for those who spend time driving the title in online events.

Also related to multiplayer racing, Sector3 have included a new warm up session option prior to online races. Brought to the simulation as a selectable option, the warm up session can be applied to the multiplayer event setup before any race event, either standalone or multirace formats.

Imola
On the content front, Sector3 Studios have made available the Imola circuit to the game, available now for £4.49 and coming with a single layout, the modern 4.909 km variation of the circuit reflects the current layout and artwork in use at present by the real world venue.

Imola can be purchased from the RaceRoom Store HERE.

September 2017 Change Log

Game:
  • Reduced Join Lags in multiplayer
  • Fixed car-to-car collisions that could sometimes have “magnetic” effects of either repulsion or attraction.
  • Results files generated by the dedicated server now include car class information and results per class.
  • Added warmup option to dedicated servers. When multiple race sessions are enabled, a warmup will be taking place before each of them.
  • Sessions such as free practice, leaderboard challenge, competitions, “try before you buy” are now set to last much longer than anyone could reasonably have a need for (24 hours)
  • Decision to inflict Stop and Go and Drive Through penalties is now more lenient.
  • Slow Down penalties will no longer increase once the player has triggered the automatic slow down of his car.
  • Wall Riding prevention no longer triggers if player is applying pressure on the brakes at the moment of impact.
  • Graphic options : Car reflections can now be set to Low, Medium or High. High has smoother moving reflections, at the price of some performance.
  • Improved AI decision making in pitstops when it comes to tire wear and changing tires.
  • Cases like Hillclimb Icons where there are only 2 liveries in total no longer result in AI all picking the same car.
  • Custom Championship default naming now includes the car class name instead of just the date and time.
  • Resetting the car on the track now takes the raceline in consideration to avoid placing a car right on the ideal line.
  • Added variables for tire compounds in shared memory.
  • Made the “near pitlane” speed overlay warning only show up if player has requested a pitstop. Should prevent accidental occurrences on tracks where the pitlane entry is close to the ideal raceline (ie Salzburgring).
  • Added a default profile for Fanatec 2.5 wheelbase.
  • Fixed a short freeze of the game that was occuring when setting a faster lap in time attack modes.
  • Fixed a typo in a driver name “Roberto Ravaglia” (DTM 92)
  • Fixed an issue with Hockenheim alternative layouts that did not have a defined amount of turns and were messing up ranking/safety rating calculations and results in general.
  • Fixed an issue with the opponents revlimiter being too low on replays recorded in multiplayer that included a Formula RaceRoom X-17
  • Fixed an issue with cursor becoming invisible when using Mouse Steering and coming back from an instant replay.
  • Fixed an issue where player could see the menu disappear when clicking on the timing screen right at the moment of a session switch.
  • Fixed an issue where the pitlane speed overlay would remain visible on screen when finishing a race by driving through the pitlane.
  • Fixed an issue where mouse scrolling in certain menu pages wasn’t working after moving the window or changing the resolution of the game.
  • Fixed an issue with the fuel gauge in the BMW M235i Racing that could sometimes be lighting on and off.
  • Fixed an issue with the data display in the Formula RaceRoom X-17 where it would state P2P instead of DRS in Time Attack modes.
  • Fixed an issue where players could sometimes end up in Garage phase (prior to race) without having the menu visible.
  • Fixed an issue where the player’s car would sometimes use the min/max steering lock values of the previously loaded car.
  • Fixed an issue where the game would sometimes load the low detailed version of the cockpit on top of the high detailed version.
  • Fixed an issue where exiting from an instant replay while in free camera would result in a mouse cursor being visible on top of the gameplay.

Sound, Physics & AI:
  • Audi R18 : Fixed the default driving camera that was too high
  • BMW M235i Racing : New cockpit sounds, louder, grittier, gruntier.
  • Chevrolet Corvette Z06 GT3 : Fixed the rearview in triple screen resolutions
  • Formula RaceRoom U.S. : 2 compounds are now available. Primary and Alternate. AI behavior and speed tweaks.
  • Formula RaceRoom X-17 : 3 compounds are now available. Soft, Medium and Hard. AI behavior and speed tweaks.
  • Chang International : updated cut detection rules
  • Nordschleife : tweaked a TV camera at Aremberg that could go behind an advertisement board.
  • Spa-Francorchamps : Fixed a TV camera that was set behind ADAC advertisement banners on Kemmel straight when driving GT Masters 2015 cars.
  • Suzuka : Fixed a cut detection around the pitlane entry of the GP layout where you could get a cut while only driving near the pitlane path.

Art:
  • BMW 134 Judd - New driver animation
  • BMW M6 GT3 : improved the yellow headlights visuals
  • Chevrolet Daytona Prototype : New driver animation
  • DMD P20 : New driver animation
  • Mistral M530 : New driver animation
  • Mistral M531 : New driver animation
  • Formula RaceRoom X-17 - New DRS animation for the rear wing. Much more visible.

If you want to learn more about the new tyre compounds in RaceRoom Racing Experience, check out our preview article and test race video found HERE.

For those of you looking to get the most from your RaceRoom experience, don't forget we are hosting our first ever RaceRoom GT3 league soon, find out how to register HERE.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a PC exclusive racing simulation available as a free to play base software with additional paid content available through the RaceRoom Store.

Take your RaceRoom Racing Experience online with RaceDepartment. Check out our Club and League Racing sub forum for a great place to sample a popular and wide cross-section of cars and tracks from Sector3 Studios current racing simulation. As well as organised Club and League events, we also host a number of mods and car setups, plus a thriving sub forum dedicated to this racing title.

RaceRoom Imola Released 2.jpg
RaceRoom Imola Released 3.jpg
RaceRoom Imola Released.jpg

What do you think of the latest update? Enjoying Imola? Happy to see the inclusion of tyre compounds and Imola? Let us know in the comment section below!

Last edited:
But can you imagine purchasing all the tracks at that price?
I can imagine that and it would indeed be quite expensive, but the question is why would anybody want to do that?

And if you're out of any pack options, new content doesn't come all that often, so you're spending like 5 euro per month on average. Hardly anything that will bankrupt you. I mean, that's still less than a third of what you pay for iRacing monthly (or for a single piece of content).

And if you're out of any pack options, new content doesn't come all that often, so you're spending like 5 euro per month on average. Hardly anything that will bankrupt you. I mean, that's still less than a third of what you pay for iRacing monthly (or for a single piece of content).
How did I just know you would come on and defend the pricing?:D Mr Argumentative. ;)
I wouldn't mind so much if the game could be played offline and was mine to keep forever, but alas this won't be like that. Seriously I would have expected some other layouts, maybe classic ones and a car for this price. But that's just my opinion Martin.

How did I just know you would come on and defend the pricing?:D Mr Argumentative. ;)
I wouldn't mind so much if the game could be played offline and was mine to keep forever, but alas this won't be like that. Seriously I would have expected some other layouts, maybe classic ones and a car for this price. But that's just my opinion Martin.
I'll defend it too because it has nothing to do with being argumentative, it simply makes sense. Why waste money buying all the tracks individually when it's cheaper to buy the various packs? I've already posted about the fact that if you use your head, you can get every piece of content that R3E has to offer, and it will cost you less than both AC and AMS with their expansions. After that, as Martin said, it's a few quid a month to keep up with all the latest content, if you want it. Couple of cups of fancy coffee will buy most of it, which is nothing.

As for the online part, you just need a connection to play singleplayer mode. Since R3E is download only, 100% of people that own it must have a connection, so there's no real problem. And when R3E finally goes offline I'd be willing to bet it will be patched to work with no connection at all so no problem there either.

I was an enthusiastic, automatic buyer of R3E's great DLC stuff. Been unable to join any online multiplayer activities-"No Response From Server". They tried over months of emails, no fix. So no more purchases.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 111 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 87 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 116 13.4%