RaceRoom Updated and BMW M235i Racing Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom BMW M325i Update.jpg

Sector3 Studios have deployed a new update to RaceRoom Racing Experience, deploying the new BMW 235i to the store and adding several important fixes to the game.

The simulation has gone into maintenance mode today and will be down for several hours as the game updates, so to keep you all entertained while you wait, check out our BMW M235i Racing preview and images from our earlier article HERE, and the full change log from today's update below:

New content:
  • BMW M235i Racing
Game:
  • Lowered default minimum force setting for Thrustmaster wheels.
  • Fixed Slow Down penalty calculations on turbocharged cars
  • DRS no longer deactivates from lateral G’s
  • Changed so game stops reporting error 13 when leaving a game session after only losing a couple heartbeats during the session
  • Change so the pitlane speed information overlay always shows when inside the pitlane.
  • Fixed a case where cars would appear to be hovering above tarmac on pre-race screens.
  • Fixed some data displays showing a ticker counting up to 0 at race starts.
  • Fixed an invalid lap overlay that was sometimes showing without any text.
  • Added a button to view the leaderboards upon finishing a hillclimb run so we could get rid of the non elegant solution of showing the position bar to inform the player of his position.
  • Changed the logic for the “Restart” button in leaderboards & competitions so it no longer purges your best lap and can still show the live time diff to your ghost on the data display.
  • Fixed a message wrongly stating the next lap would be invalidated in Hillclimb runs.
  • Fixed an issue where the HUD elements would sometimes be moved when coming back from an instant replay.
  • Fixed a crash occuring sometimes when cycling through cameras in the pitlane.
  • Game now aborts start-up if no display adapter resolution was found.
Multiplayer:
  • Added a dedicated server setting to set a latency limit (in milliseconds). Any player caught consistently above that limit will be automatically booted.
  • Added a dedicated server setting to force the race to end after a set time (in seconds). When set to OFF, the server will always wait for a race winner.
  • Fixed an issue where the dedicated server would sometimes not wait for late joiners to complete their loading sequence and proceed to next session anyway.
  • Fixed a case where disconnected players would sometimes remain visible on the HUD track map.
Sounds, Cameras, Physics & AI:
  • All cars: new external gearshifts added.
  • All cars: Adjusted suspension sounds.
  • All cars: Road Noise is now pure of any chassis sounds. Increased trigger sensitivity of bump samples.
  • Audi TT cup : Increased AI respect for other cars space
  • Mercedes 190 DTM 1992 : New sounds
  • Opel Omega DTM 1992 : New sounds
  • Hockenheim : fixed a harsh cut detection on the right hander entering the stadium area.
  • Nordschleife : Tweaked AI speed in Carousel.
  • Spa-Francorchamps : added some fly by cameras
Portal & Backend:
  • Added Team information on player profile and leaderboards.
  • Free content is now visible again in store.
Art:
  • Lada Vesta 2017: Fixed an interior window texture
  • Nürburgring : modified the font of the Porsche tagline on the GP pitwall.
  • Spa-Francorchamps: Resurfaced to reflect current asphalt, small fixes and tweaks.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play simulation exclusive to PC with additional content available to purchase via the in game RaceRoom Store.

RaceRoom BMW M325i Update 3.jpg
RaceRoom BMW M325i Update 2.jpg

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. Take part in our awesome Racing Club, download a setup or just hang out and chat about the game with your fellow fans of the title. It’s all here at RaceDepartment.com!

Tried the new update yet? Like the BMW? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Don't understand why you guys are surprised someone doesn't like R3E FFB. It is the sim with most clunky FFB on my G27 with too much unnecessary road surface shaking even when road effect is turned to 0. Different people look for different feelings in FFB you know.
Try lowering your min ffb setting in controller ffb settings. Too high and it cause your wheel to shake. Try increasing the steering force setting to help tighten up the looseness in the g27 but not too much as it will make the wheel heavy and drown out the subtle effects.

Last edited:
Yes really. I should have stated that I drive with a Fanatec 2.5 so for me FFB is crap compared to AMS and RF2. If you drive with a g27 which btw I started with then that's great that you like the ffb but if you have not driven on a better wheel then you are not qualified to say which has better ffb because trust me the G27 in my opinion is a piece of shite once you have used better wheels.

Seriously my mind boggles when someone with a starter wheel tells me which games has better ffb. You wouldn't have a clue!.
I realise and respect not everyone can afford a higher end wheel but once you have great FFB theres no going back. I guess I am lucky in that respect.
Looks like you're better at spending money than making a valid point.

speaking of damange, it's nice to see mesh being deformed, rather then just texture

it's probably unlikely that this thing will come as part of some pack, right?

and yeah, you can TEST it before buy, .. iRacing - if only you guys did the same!

Not sure about it. Yeah, it's fun to drive, but it feels a bit odd. Reminds me a lot of old RaceRoom physics, with the way it wobbles and can catch a grip when you'd expect understeer.
Write to Oskar Sandberg here https://www.facebook.com/oskarsandbergfanpage/ and tell him his physics for the BMW suck as he signed off on them.

Perhaps you know more about how the BMW drives than him :p

Absolutely love the bmw and i feel its taken the top spot away from the audi tt cup as my favorite sim car.
I also created a new thrustmaster profile after they tweaked them with the new lower min ffb using stock settings and just upping the lateral force from 40-45% my t300 feels fantastic with even more detail than before!
I was running around laguna in the bmw and put the right tires on the dirt and when i came back on to track i could feel a vibration and lack of grip from the right side as i entered the next turn, than it gradually went away....Awesome :)

Thrustmaster profile
75% ffb strength
Ingame stock settings
Smoothing lowered from 25% - 20%
Lateral ffb raised from 40-45%

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back