RaceRoom Updated, 1995 DTM Mercedes Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E 1995 Mercedes 1.jpg R3E 1995 Mercedes 2.jpg R3E 1995 Mercedes 3.jpg R3E 1995 Mercedes 4.jpg R3E 1995 Mercedes 5.jpg R3E 1995 Mercedes 6.jpg
Sector3 Studios have updated RaceRoom Racing Experience and made available for purchase the lovely AMG-Mercedes C-Klasse DTM 1995.

Releasing as a stand alone car as part of the current Mercedes DTM celebration eSports content, the 1995 issue AMG-Mercedes C-Klasse is one of the finest examples of touring car technology ever seen, producing a spectacular and technologically advanced racing car that went on to much success in the 1995 DTM championship, arguably the peak moment of the illustrious German national touring car series.

Having initially found life locked into one of the Mercedes free to play online leader board competitions, the '95 spec C-Klasse has now been released to the wider game, and can be picked up in the RaceRoom Store for £3.50, including nine iconic liveries from such teams as Zakspeed, D2 AMG, Persson and of course the factory AMG Mercedes team.

Alongside the new car release comes another relatively small update, focussing mostly on upcoming competitions and content releases, the changelog of which can be found below:

Game:
  • Fixed a pitstop exploit where a player could turn on ignition and engine back on much earlier than normal by stopping at the spot with the engine already turned off.
  • Fixed an issue in multiplayer where the player could end up having only 1 lap to perform in the race session. This was spotted on certain systems only.
  • Fixed an FFB initialization on the "Championship progress saved" message.

Content
  • Moscow - Modified track side banners in preparation for the Porsche virtual series.
  • KTM X-Bow RR - New livery #8 was added to store
  • Nuerburgring GP - Updated pitwall with latest Porsche hashtag, new Ravenol sign, new tarmac patches, fixed curbs shapes at the Schumacher esses as well as other various fixes and tweaks.
  • Lausitzring GP - Fixed HUD track map that was still using simple visuals.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation from Sector3 Studios.

If you like RaceRoom and want to keep up to date with all the latest news and discussions, head on over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum. We host a whole range of top quality club racing events in our Racing Club, plus we offer a great place to hang out and discuss the game with your fellow R3E fans. Pop over and say hello today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think of the new update? Are you enjoying the new (old) Mercedes DTM content? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Ok I'm confused by the store again.
Currently I own every track in the European track pack except for the Nordschleife. If I buy Nordschleife alone currently at 50% off, it is $4.60. If I buy the European track pack, the price is shown 96% off at $2.98.
Will European track pack include new tracks in the future? Can I buy this pack again in the future to get new tracks? Why is Silverstone not in this pack (I thought it was a Brexit thing but Brands Hatch is in the pack)?
So confused how to spend money on this game.

Will European track pack include new tracks in the future? Can I buy this pack again in the future to get new tracks?
No, the packs are always bought "as is" at the time of purchase.
No, you have to get the new tracks separately (or as part of some other pack you do not yet own, if they are included).

Indeed thats been true in the past, but I'd like to invite you to test drive this car to see things have changed.

The physics for this car are my responsibility, my work and I'm very proud of them!

It's not that I think any of the cars in R3E drive badly but more that I just find them all a little too stable and predictable. I did however have a test drive of the 1995 DTM car and credit where it is due, I did find it more involving to drive than many of the other cars in the game.

It's not that I think any of the cars in R3E drive badly but more that I just find them all a little too stable and predictable. I did however have a test drive of the 1995 DTM car and credit where it is due, I did find it more involving to drive than many of the other cars in the game.
Well of course they all feel the same with a controller. :laugh: J/K....jump into the Nissan 300ZX Z32 and then let us know how predictable it is. :thumbsup:

That might be because racing cars are pretty stable, well good ones which most games will have as who wants histories **** racing cars right?
People need to move on from "driving on ice feeling means they nailed it!!!"
Sticky rubber, aero, chassis and good set ups do not make a car that drives like it has glass wheels on ice........

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%