RaceRoom to get Tyre Compounds - Race Footage

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Tyre Compounds incoming.png

Tyre compounds have been confirmed for the next RaceRoom Racing Experience patch, due for release in September!

Teased earlier in the week by RaceRoom themselves, the new patch for the game will feature not only the legendary Imola circuit as DLC but "a couple of interesting game updates" should make it to the public release, with Sector3's own @Georg Ortner confirming one of those new features will be the inclusion of tyre compound choices on an initially limited number of cars within the title.

Launching for just the new FR X-17 Formula One style car and the IndyCar lookalike FR US, the new tyres will come in a number of ranges between hard and soft compounds, promising to add a new layer of strategic thinking in the game.

In order to test the tyres and give us a better idea of what to expect, Georg ran a public live stream test race with FR X-17 at Suzuka, putting the car (and tyres) through their paces alongside a number of RaceDepartment regulars and select online testers. You can check out the live stream repeat below:

It is thought that tyre compounds will not be brought to the sim alongside the ability to adjust tyre pressures, with the tyre pressure adjustment option still considered to be lower down the priority list for the developers at this stage - although this could change in future of course.

No release date for the September patch has been announced as of yet. Stay tuned for more info as and when it becomes available.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a PC exclusive racing simulation available as a free to play base software with additional paid content available through the RaceRoom Store.

Take your RaceRoom Racing Experience online with RaceDepartment. Check out our Club and League Racing sub forum for a great place to sample a popular and wide cross-section of cars and tracks from Sector3 Studios current racing simulation. As well as organised Club and League events, we also host a number of mods and car setups, plus a thriving sub forum dedicated to this racing title.

Pleased to hear about the addition of tyre compounds in R3E? Would you like to see the feature rolled out to more vehicles / classes in future? Let us know in the comments section below!

You just need to play with adaptive ai, there is an article in the forums on how to train it and you'll see how great it can be.

Collision physics different from AI. (As an aside, training your AI per the guide requires you to do at least 3 3-lap races for every car/track combo you want to use while editing text files in between. That's ridiculous)

You can't make contact with any other car or all reality suspends. If a car and I go side by side and then touch, we both slow down a lot. Worst, is if you tap a car from the rear - which happens a lot as the AI speeds mid-turn are usually different from mine, though lap times are equivalent - MY CAR goes spinning. REALLY?! That's how it works?! I SPIN? I understand you don't want to be able to take out other cars to progress through the field, but it gets to the point that accidental contact ruins races. I was SO enjoying my WTCC season b/c the cars are great and I like the series, but I had to stop after four races. It was too frustrating. So, I have a ton of useless car and track content now that I can't use in season mode until they fix the collisions.

In DTM, though, I don't remember this being such a problem. But in the GTO, Sihouettes, Grp5 and WTCC its horrible.

Collision physics different from AI. (As an aside, training your AI per the guide requires you to do at least 3 3-lap races for every car/track combo you want to use while editing text files in between. That's ridiculous)

You can't make contact with any other car or all reality suspends. If a car and I go side by side and then touch, we both slow down a lot. Worst, is if you tap a car from the rear - which happens a lot as the AI speeds mid-turn are usually different from mine, though lap times are equivalent - MY CAR goes spinning. REALLY?! That's how it works?! I SPIN? I understand you don't want to be able to take out other cars to progress through the field, but it gets to the point that accidental contact ruins races. I was SO enjoying my WTCC season b/c the cars are great and I like the series, but I had to stop after four races. It was too frustrating. So, I have a ton of useless car and track content now that I can't use in season mode until they fix the collisions.

In DTM, though, I don't remember this being such a problem. But in the GTO, Sihouettes, Grp5 and WTCC its horrible.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/raceroom-updated-and-imola-circuit-released.140865/
The update yesterday fixed the collision contact physics and it works great now....did many test races with alot of contact and not one spin or magnetic effects.
I use adapative and after a few practice sessions they ai is usually up to pace with a few ai about .500 sec faster during races...without editing any text files.
Your tons of content is no longer useless ;)

Last edited:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/raceroom-updated-and-imola-circuit-released.140865/
The update yesterday fixed the collision contact physics and it works great now....did many test races with alot of contact and not one spin or magnetic effects.
Your tons of content is no longer useless ;)
That would be awesome! "Just when I think I'm out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN!!!" I didn't try the game since the update b/c I can't really get excited by Imola. But I will try BOTH your suggestions, so have yourself a beer, good man! You have given me hope. ("Hope is a dirty word around here...")

Hope y'all like movie quotes!

Overall i've found it to be a big improvement when racing Ai.....still not perfect but much better than before :)
Ai still has a tendency to turn into you from time to time but you don't go spinning off track now.......WTCC cars I find if you give an ai a good rear tap the rear of your car will get a bit squirrelly, but manageable and I guess somewhat realistic as the momentum is being thrown forwards and overloading the front tires which are doing everything.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%