RaceRoom The Game is coming

A new title from SimBin is on the way, to be ready on December 1st. RaceRoom The Game will be a free piece of software that will be installed in SimBin's RaceRooms, where people can race against each other in the same room, but the game will also be available for download. Included are two cars - the Chevrolet Camaro and a fictional F1-inspired open-wheeler, the Formula RaceRoom.

But that's not all. With the launch of the game, SimBin has also set up a website, www.raceroom.net, which will act as a global online portal for all of their titles; similar to SimRaceWay, but especially for SimBin's games. Features of the website, which is still in beta, include leaderboards, competitions, forums and a live online lobby viewer. There is also a 2010 Digital Edition of the famed GTR2 available for download, but unfortunately this version has a car brand removed due to licensing issues, and thus will not be compatible with older retail versions of the game.

Head over to www.raceroom.net and check it out - there are some interesting things to find on the website.

Well, Bram, that's exactly what we're doing. :D

Just need to understand that we're not a big company, so any development takes time.

But we definitely intend to spice simracing up with proper graphics, that is no secret ;)

J-F Chardon;678477 said:
Well, Bram, that's exactly what we're doing. :D

Just need to understand that we're not a big company, so any development takes time.

But we definitely intend to spice simracing up with proper graphics, that is no secret ;)

Simbin have all the resources for the most epic racing sim (and game) known to man. There may be licensing issues using the FIA content, I dunno, but its all there.

Here's my idea for taking basically everything that Simbin already have available and turning it into what I think would be an awesome game...

Take the content from all the current games, the RACE series and expansions, GTR2, GT Legends. Add a few more street cars, wrap it up in a neat package with some slightly updated graphics (night racing like GTR2 and dynamic shadows like have already been seen in RACE Pro), put in a nice single player career mode and an accessible multiplayer and bang, you have the making of not only the best sim racer around but a Forza/GT competitor too. Make it have nice HD graphics and sharp shadows on PC, dumb it down a little for consoles and it'll be an epic winner, using mostly resources they already have available. :thumbup:

For a career mode you could take a leaf out of the books from some existing games and bam, awesome single player. You could just have it based on money or sponsorship, start out the career in a low powered clubman like a Caterham or maybe a street car (like the american muscle cars or GT Legends cars that are already in the games, no need to go for the crappy daily driver econo box crap like GT and Forza).

After running a championship in one of those classes, you unlock some faster cars like the higher powered Caterhams, Radicals or street sports cars and maybe some low end race cars. Then you work your way up to FIA GT1 classes, WTCC Extreme, F3000s, those RaceRoom Formula 1 cars.

You could divide up championships into different classes, bronze, silver, gold... amatuer, intermediate, pro... whatever. Where the lowest class is a short championship of only a few races to not deter new gamers and the upper end championships are slightly more in depth for sim racer fans. That'd be a great career mode I reckon.

The AI currently is fine, just needs to have slightly better options for setting the difficulty rather than percentages.

Throw in the updated graphics, nothing needs to be completely remodelled, just fix up a few textures here and there with dynamic lighting and shadows (this adds a huge sense of immersion for me, racing through the Nurburgring is so much more exciting when trees cast a shadow on the track), put in night racing like existed in GTR2 and was removed for some strange reason and I'd buy it in a heartbeat, hell I'd buy 2 copies if it'd make Simbin happy :D:D

Ok I'm done ranting now. But you can see I reckon Simbin already have the makings of a blockbuster that'd beat F1 2010, NFS Shift, maybe even Forza and GT purely as mainstream games and destroy them as simulators.

Nah not impressed either. Made a video of a lap, is uploading now.
Indeed no MP but only Time attack and no setup options. Car (F1) is decent but to easy. Missing some good sounds and some good downshift sounds. Advertising is much indeed but thats the idea offcourse behind it.
Hockenheim is not scratch made, just updated abit from Meck his version.
Awell good marketing i guess but that Gmotor engine is getting abit bored. Will do some laps the coming days i think but thats it. :)

Adri: you can use TV camera by pressing the "Page Down" key on your keyboard.

Bram: It's now featuring reverberation effects. It actually makes the Formula RR sound so real. Very noticeable when watching in TV camera.

Im sure people who have had Simbin titles for a few years would not be impressed, but someone new to sims who downloaded this for free might just get a bit more excited. Nice clean lap Ivo...thanks for posting.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%