RaceRoom The Game 2 - Release Date Revealed

An announcement was made by Swedish developer SimBin Studios and RaceRoom Entertainment regarding the release of RaceRoom – The Game 2. The game, which is free to download and play, has a targeted release date for November 10, 2011. It will feature limited content from the highly regarded SimBin title RACE 07; Including the RACE On, GTR Evolution, and GT Power expansions.

RaceRoom - The Game 2 offers foundational access into the world of SimBin Studios and its respective sim racing titles. More importantly, it is part of www.raceroom.net; A sim racing social network created by SimBin. This free to register network allows users access to the latest news regarding SimBin titles, create a virtual racing career, track their racing stats, compete in events for prizes, and purchase games from the SimBin series. Perhaps the most interesting aspect of this community is that it allows users to give creative feedback to SimBin Studios. Thus allowing the community itself to shape the content of future titles. If done correctly, RaceRoom could prove to be a powerful competitor to both iRacing and C.A.R.S.
rrtg.jpg
See below for the official press release regarding RaceRoom – The Game 2 and make sure to sound off your thoughts regarding this title and the RaceRoom online community on the forum!

"Additional content inside a new version of RaceRoom - The Game revealed!"

Three new cars, and three new tracks to enter the free game courtesy of SimBin Studios and RaceRoom Entertainment.

The Swedish game development company SimBin Studios AB today announced that a new version of RaceRoom - The Game will soon be released free of charge at RaceRoom Online.

RaceRoom The Game 2 - Race and Compete
Release date: November 10, 2011
Price: Free of charge
Available on: www.raceroom.net

RaceRoom - The Game 2 contains additional demo content from the original RACE 07 series; including content from the RACE On, GTR Evolution, and GT Power expansions.

RaceRoom - The Game 2 now features three new tracks to compliment the three variations of Hockenheimring currently featured in the game; Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari Imola, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, and Nürburgring GP.

As an added bonus, players will be able to choose from three new car models; the BMW 320si E90, the Radical SR3, and the ever popular Matech GT1. Together with the Formula RaceRoom, and Chevrolet Camaro the game now presents users with a multitude of options when it comes time to compete for fantastic prizes in one of RaceRoom Online's many hot-lap competitions.

RaceRoom - The Game 2 will be released as a new stand alone, available free of charge at RaceRoom Online.

Special thanks goes out to Wouter Haring for sending us the tip via the submit news link

It's really getting hilarious now. While the whole sim racing community is waiting for a glimpse of the announced GTR title they just keep on recycling the same old content all over again. It's been 17 months now since the first announcement of a GTR title in the making.

Bram Hengeveld;973201 said:
It's really getting hilarious now. While the whole sim racing community is waiting for a glimpse of the announced GTR title they just keep on recycling the same old content all over again. It's been 17 months now since the first announcement of a GTR title in the making.
Indeed, I just wish they released a complitly new game with new engine and improved physics.

Sean Armstrong;973380 said:
I only wish to see gtr3. While it's great that these free games might be creating more interest in sim racing, I just wish for a "real" new game. :frown:

I think they are making a move in order to survive against the onslaught of iRacing, C.A.R.S, etc. They are essentially setting up a site that works a lot like Race2Play and hoping to generate interest and probably seek a source of funding through there. RaceRoom is more or less a demo of the content that they have. Perhaps we could snag an interview at some point.

Brandon Warren;973398 said:
I think they are making a move in order to survive against the onslaught of iRacing, C.A.R.S, etc. They are essentially setting up a site that works a lot like Race2Play and hoping to generate interest and probably seek a source of funding through there. RaceRoom is more or less a demo of the content that they have. Perhaps we could snag an interview at some point.

I imagine you're right. Hopefully generating interest will allow us to one day see GTR3.

is it just me, or is this nothing new for people who already have Race 07 and all its 101 addons. Or will it be newer versions of the above mentioned. I would think that if you giving something away for free, perhaps make it something your existing customers who have all you addons etc can also use.

great effort by simbin to grab newbs like me. sadly these great tools dont get utilized to get more drivers on the track. wish i had the organizational skills/power to help the newb keyboard free player become a wheeled league racer. sadly i failed to evan become a club driver so i wouldnt be much help.

Craig Hume;973541 said:
is it just me, or is this nothing new for people who already have Race 07 and all its 101 addons. Or will it be newer versions of the above mentioned. I would think that if you giving something away for free, perhaps make it something your existing customers who have all you addons etc can also use.

They offer formula race room to people who already have RACE 07. I know that is not much but it is something at least.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 141 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 104 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 144 13.9%