Raceroom should have Super GT!

Disclaimer: this isn't the usual "wah, I wish X game had Y thing I like" post.

I wonder why Raceroom doesn't have official Super GT licensed cars? Or heck, maybe the devs should consider approaching the sanctioning body for the license to do a dedicated game for the series?

Think about it. Raceroom already has top-notch Class 1 touring cars with the DTM 2020 cars, and they have lots of GT3s. They could easily take their experience with these cars and create great GT500 Class 1 cars and GT300s, which are basically GT3s. And with minimal effort. Tracks-wise, Raceroom already has Suzuka, Motegi, and Chang. Perhaps they could add Fuji, Autopolis, Sugo, and/or Okayama in the future. And Raceroom has competent rolling starts and AI that are 100% multiclass capable (if a little aggressive, but it's fine). Super GT also doesn't race at night.

The only concerning missing features in Raceroom are a) a lack of safety cars/full course yellows (but Super GT barely has these, so it'd be fine haha) and b) no "split starts" in multiclass races (which isn't essential IMO, but also would probably be simple for the devs to implement).

Whether it was for use within Raceroom or a standalone game to help the devs get more money in their pockets... this seems like a no-brainer. Other than if there are thorny licensing issues, of course. But otherwise... what's not to like? Cool cars, cool tracks, endurance racing not constrained by the missing features of Raceroom. Seems like a winning idea to me.

Plus... not only would this be a major differentiator for Raceroom over the competition, surely a cool and unique series like modern Super GT deserves a proper sim rendition. Besides, if promoted well in Japan, this could drive serious sales and interest too!

Its funny you say this. I was watching a GT500 race the other day and thought to myself. " why doesnt any sim properly simulate this series?". Especially like you said, its mostly GT3 cars. Besides raceroom, I think ACC would be a good fit for this series. Id for sure buy a gt500 DLC.

Last edited:
Its funny you say this. I was watching a GT500 race the other day and thought to myself. " why doesnt any sim properly simulate this series?". Especially like you said, its mostly GT3 cars. Besides raceroom, I think ACC would be a good fit for this series. Id for sure buy a gt500 DLC.
Yep, ACC definitely means Kunos has the experience to do it well (or at least the GT300s) but that game just fundamentally has the wrong license (SRO). Unless Kunos did another game... but they've already committed to doing AC2, a more general interest sim, after ACC. So I'm unconvinced this is truly practical, sadly.

Also, I think Raceroom is an especially good fit because of their direct experience simulating Class One cars with an official license (and presumably access to team data, to some extent). DTM may have sadly moved away from that (expensive) harmonized set of regulations, but Super GT GT500s never did!

Last edited:
For those who are curious, you could sorta test this out by doing a multiclass race in RaceRoom combining DTM 2020 and GT3 cars (say, the ADAC 2020 GT3 cars) on Super GT tracks in Asia. Or heck, you could pretend DTM went full-on Super GT (with the multiclass aspect and everything) and run this sort of race on European DTM tracks!

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years