RaceRoom / Sector 3 get your stuff together

Mod edit link removed

Don't want to start a war, I like raceroom allot but I want to be able to do club events without dsq or lag or random shi*, I want to have fun and o boy race07 was fun.
Hope development takes a serious chunk of the bugs and fixes them.
#raceroom I allredy git most of the content if the game would be rock solid I will pay for it, for every dlc car track.... Don't fall under the trap of other developers.
I mean no offense to anyone, thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod edit link removed

Don't want to start a war, I like raceroom allot but I want to be able to do club events without dsq or lag or random shi*, I want to have fun and o boy race07 was fun.
#raceroom I allredy git most of the content if the game would be rock solid I will pay for it, for every dlc car track.... Don't fall under the trap of other developers.
It is a good article Mr. C and makes a lot of good points, I've removed the link and I'm sure those that are interested will know to Google it.

We still have RACE 07 installed on our servers. But the last time we ran club events for it was so awesome and good nobody signed up for it anymore hence it was archived.

We've had thousands of great races with RACE and RACE 07 over the last nine years but unfortunately we have reached the era where a large group of the sim racers prefer shiny graphics and offline play over what used to be an epic online experience.

But after some time everything that is old becomes all of a sudden the best thing ever which isn't true either as also RACE 07 lacked a lot in terms of features.

Unfortunately Simbin went belly up and became Sector3 (still can't get used to that name) and the changes the company made haven't really proven to be very successful.

Surely the guys up stairs have made the calls on this not so free 2 play model and that was their biggest mistake which I hope they'll reconsider in the near future. With a few other things:
  • Sell the game content as a one off deal. One game, one price, all the content.
  • Allow people to use their own liveries.
  • Disconnect the Raceroom game website from the game as it adds absolutely nothing in terms of experience, neither is it user-friendly for beginning simracers.
  • Address the multiplayer issues.
  • Simplify the horrible looking and overly complicated GUI. Less is more (see GTR2).
  • Bring back all the basic server and game features Simbin games have had for years.
We have been milked with RACE 07 before with expansion packs adding up to a total of 100 euro's (or more), but everybody (at least here at RD) didn't have any doubt and bought them on the fly the moment these packs arrived on Steam. Can't remember a single forum thread where people complained they'd paid too much for their game. Do you guys still remember that poll we ran where 100% owned Race 07 and 99,xx% owned GTR Evolution, 98% STCC etc.?

Epic days that are unfortunately gone. I really hope for Sector3 that @anthony monteil will never decide to pack his bags and move to another studio as for me personally R3E is only a mega immersive experience because of the awesome sounds he has created.

I have race 07 ,but never used multiplayer. If there was a weekend race ,I'd love to attend. I'm gonna install it tonight and see if it plays nice with Windows 10. Would be nice to drive imola again :)
As far as sector 3 goes, I believe they know the games shortcomings. Report the bugs , play the game ,or not.

We still have RACE 07 installed on our servers. But the last time we ran club events for it was so awesome and good nobody signed up for it anymore hence it was archived.

We've had thousands of great races with RACE and RACE 07 over the last nine years but unfortunately we have reached the era where a large group of the sim racers prefer shiny graphics and offline play over what used to be an epic online experience.

But after some time everything that is old becomes all of a sudden becomes the best thing ever which isn't true either as also RACE 07 lacked a lot in terms of features.

Unfortunately Simbin went belly up and became Sector3 (still can't get used to that name) and the changes made haven't really proven to be very successful.

Surely the guys up stairs have made the calls on this not so free 2 play model and that was their biggest mistake which I hope they'll reconsider in the near future. With a few other things:
  • Sell the game content as a one off deal. One game, one price, all the content.
  • Allow people to use their own liveries.
  • Disconnect the Raceroom game website from the game as it adds absolutely nothing in terms of experience, neither is it user-friendly for beginning simracers.
  • Address the multiplayer issues.
  • Simplify the horrible looking and overly complicated GUI. Less is more (see GTR2).
  • Bring back all the basic server and game features Simbin games have had for years.
We have been milked with RACE 07 before with expansion packs adding up to a total of 100 euro's (or more) but everybody (at least here at RD) didn't have any doubt and bought them on the fly. Can't remember a single thread where people complained they'd paid too much for their game. Still remember that poll we ran where 100% owned Race 07 and 99,xx% owned GTR Evolution, 98% STCC etc.?

Epic days that are unfortunately gone. I really hope for Sector3 that @anthony monteil will never decide to pack his bags and move to another studio as for me personally R3E is only a mega immersive experience because of the awesome sounds he has created.
They don't have to be gone. Open up the Race 07 club again for the odd race. I'll even volunteer to run it but I would open it up to newcomers and beginners and allow low aids. Say 1 race a per week. ;)
I have race 07 ,but never used multiplayer. If there was a weekend race ,I'd love to attend. I'm gonna install it tonight and see if it plays nice with Windows 10. Would be nice to drive imola again :)
As far as sector 3 goes, I believe they know the games shortcomings. Report the bugs , play the game ,or not.
I would be more than happy to try and put something together and see if we could get a Race07 fun weekend.

We have been milked with RACE 07 before with expansion packs adding up to a total of 100 euro's (or more), but everybody (at least here at RD) didn't have any doubt and bought them on the fly the moment these packs arrived on Steam. Can't remember a single forum thread where people complained they'd paid too much for their game.
The problem for R3E is it's trying to 'milk' its audience without providing the solid foundations of its forebear, RACE 07. It's content first, simulation second, which is the wrong way to go about things.

Hence I mentioned the guys up stairs :). There was enough to say about Henrik Roos' decisions in the past especially on the business level but, although I have no direct insights in the company today, I doubt R3E as a game is a huge success under it's new reign. 700,000 downloads for the free car and track doesn't count. RaceRoom hardware probably brings in the Euros and the R3E game supports it.

I expected so much when the GTR3 hype train was released and the current game could be just that with a few changes but I doubt it will mature in it's current shape and form, but let's see if we are in for a surprise. A rock solid GTR3 is very much needed.

What I really don't understand is when you have such an iconic and magical brand-name as GTR in your IP list, how can somebody think it's a good idea to call your flagship title RaceRoom Racing Experience :thumbsdown: Can you imagine Polyphony changing their Gran Turismo brand to PlayStation4 Console Driving Experience aka PS4CDE?

GTR2 logo.png

Don't click the logo!

I doubt R3E as a game is a huge success under it's new reign. 700,000 downloads for the free car and track doesn't count.
The Steam charts don't lie with an always-online game. Only 200-250 average players and Assetto Corsa getting four or five times as many players at any given point. I suppose it's doing ok...I guess...but, commercially, I'm certain this game isn't standing on its own two feet.

RaceRoom hardware probably brings in the Euros and the R3E game supports it.
Seems to be the case, as has been stated on the official forums. R3E is essentially being bank-rolled by the dude who owns KW Suspension (Klaus Wohlfahrt?). I would assume R3E on its own is running at a loss.

I expected so much when the GTR3 hype train was released and the current game could be just that with a few changes but I doubt it will mature in it's current shape and form, but let's see if we are in for a surprise.
Sector3 will get there eventually but how long will it take? As a simulation R3E is quite lightweight. Lots of work to do before it can become as serious contender for hardcore sim racers and as a league platform. The RACE/GTR series were stalwarts of organised online racing. I don't see R3E following suit any time soon.

What I really don't understand is when you have such an iconic and magical brand-name as GTR in your IP list, how can somebody think it's a good idea to call your flagship title RaceRoom Racing Experience :thumbsdown: Can you imagine Polyphony changing their Gran Turismo brand to PlayStation4 Console Driving Experience aka PS4CDE?

View attachment 119770

Don't click the logo!

(Missed your edit.)

Yes, quite. It's beyond belief really.

Mod edit link removed

100% agreed. Mr. @Kenny Paton and I had a replica of this discussion after the Norisring stupidity due to the game.

I love his hosting, and he does a valuable job, but something regarding this game's netcode is just pure junk and I'm not coming near it with a bargepole until it gets fixed. It's a real shame because this game has some of the nicest cars going around.

They don't have to be gone. Open up the Race 07 club again for the odd race. I'll even volunteer to run it as staff but I would open it up to newcomers and beginners and allow low aids. Say 1- 2 races per week. ;) What do you say @Bram ?

No response from Bram as I expected. Like I have stated previously, it's your train set. Just don't asking for volunteers if you can't be bothered to discuss it.

How many times do you wish to hear the same answer Andy? 10 times, 100 times or a 1000 times? We don't run our online races with any driving aids other than factory settings.
Yes yes, you have told me. And you have always told me your personal reason why not too (even if I don't understand what harm it would do). I just don't understand why you wouldn't want another staff member organising another set of club racing and maybe attracting some more customers attracting new comers and casual racers that do not intend to be the Sim racing champion and who are not interested in entering your serious broadcasted sponsored leagues.
It was just another option for RD. :rolleyes: Forget I volunteered. Why are some of you so elitest?

Last edited:
Yes yes, you have told me. And you have always told me your personal reason why not too (even if I don't understand what harm it would do). I just don't understand why you wouldn't want another staff member organising another set of club racing and maybe attracting some more customers attracting new comers and casual racers that do not intend to be the Sim racing champion and who are not interested in entering your serious broadcasted sponsored leagues.
It was just another option for RD. :rolleyes: Forget I volunteered. Why are some of you so elitest?
Isn't this simulation racing? Trying to replicate real life as much as possible? The info is out there for all to find and apply to be consistent, not average or fast as that is elitist, but consistent and keep it on the track.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.3%