Raceroom removes itself from my steam library

Bez

All the gear, no idea...
Just wondering if theres a fix for a problem ive had since day 1, whenever i format my computer i loose raceroom from my steam library and can only reinstall it by searching in the store, whats even stranger is when it finds it, it says that its in my library. Im sure ive seen others talking about this but wondered if theres a fix i can apply as it doesnt seem to be getting fixed on the steam/sector3 end.

Dont know if its the same...

I once had the beta installed, then deinstalled it and when i bought R3E content via the shop some weeks ago i wanted to reinstall the game, but always clicked on wrong version of it.

I dont think thats the problem that you have, but might worth a look if its the correct game/version and not the beta or something (Cause then a message will come "is already installed", but actually there is zero content at all cause the beta doesnt exist anymore, though it is in your library)

Reactions: Bez
Just wondering if theres a fix for a problem ive had since day 1, whenever i format my computer i loose raceroom from my steam library and can only reinstall it by searching in the store, whats even stranger is when it finds it, it says that its in my library. Im sure ive seen others talking about this but wondered if theres a fix i can apply as it doesnt seem to be getting fixed on the steam/sector3 end.
Can't think why this would be, other than the strange symbiotic relationship between Steam and RaceRoom. But you can get it working again and that's what's important.:)

This is normal in Steam, F2P games don't stay in the library when you uninstall them. An easy "fix" would be to buy one of the Steam DLCs, the game should stay in your library then.

I format a LOT, I love that fresh out the box feeling of a newly installed OS, I remember moving from Windows 3.1 to 95 and using about 20 floppies to install, luckily now the whole process is done from a single USB and takes less than half an hour.

Edit: not really a problem, more just curious why it happens.

its not so much malware or virus's that are my issue, i just dont see a format as a big thing and im always trying different builds of windows/linux etc. the PC isnt just a tool to me its a hobby, and the thought of not formatting my PC's for several years fills me with dread.

its not so much malware or virus's that are my issue, i just dont see a format as a big thing and im always trying different builds of windows/linux etc. the PC isnt just a tool to me its a hobby, and the thought of not formatting my PC's for several years fills me with dread.

I used to be the same way until I realized I was formatting needlessly too often but I understand as a PC hobbyist. I think as I've gotten older and have more responsibilities at home, I just don't want to format as often anymore when there's no real need. I just upgraded to Windows 10 a few weeks ago and that was the first time I've formatted my PC in over 2 years. It was running just fine though on Windows 7 when I went to Windows 10, that's when I realized I really don't need to format that often.

this is what makes humanity so wonderful, not one of us the same...vive la difference :geek:

Back on subject for a moment. Do you use the default Steam directory for your games on your C: drive? I install all of my games to a secondary hard drive and even when I format, my games remain in my library.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 221 14.3%