RaceRoom Racing Experience's next update will include time of day.

R3E time of day.jpg

Sector 3 Studios released a statement on Facebook today announcing the addition of time of day selection to be included in the coming update.

"With the next update you will be able to select different Times Of Day for each track. For the first iteration there will be 5 time of day settings available, ranging from early morning to late evening.

More news on the next iterations of this feature to follow at a later date!"
R3E time of day 2.jpg

R3E time of day 3.jpg

R3E time of day 4.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience is the latest sim from Sector 3 Studios, formerly SimBin, and is considered a "continuous development" being released to the public, while it is still a work in progress. The game is free to play, with the majority of the content require purchase. Give it a try today, it may be worth the purchase of additional content.

Get involved in our RaceRoom community by checking out our dedicated R3E forum, or by posting awesome videos and photos in our R3E gallery!

Still waiting for SLI support. Right now i'm getting 35 fps with 99% GPU usage on both GPUs(780).

You are correct, SLI doesn't work in this game yet. There's a hack SLI profile that works but you will get some flickering which is unacceptable to me. However, you should be getting around 60fps on a 780 assuming you aren't running triple screens and ridiculous graphic options. Just a tip though, you can't max out the graphic settings in this game and get 60fps. Split Shadows off, Track Detail medium, Motion Blur fast, and Cube Maps simple should help considerably. I can maintain 60fps at 2560x1600 resolution with all other settings at maximum with the exception of those listed above. If you're playing at 1920x1080 resolution, you can probably get by with Split Shadows on, Track Detail high and Motion Blur complex. Never change Cube Maps to anything other than simple.

5760x1080p? What sli bits? I use this resolution for triples. There is a custom sli bits that make the fps goes up but the flickering make hard to look on the screen. At 1920x1080p with only one monitor i can play with everything maxed out and still get 60 fps. With that custom sli bits "0x00500005" i still get 60 fps at 5760x1080. Same with Asseto Corsa, so my system is fine. Without the SLI bits the fps is 30/40. The problem is the flickering that come with the bits. I can play pCars with triples maxed out minus 3d grass at 60 fps so it is clear there is a problem with Raceroom when using SLI and triple screen.

Last edited:
I played assetto corsa after a long break and to be honest, it wasn't really superior graphically. Now with this added, the only reason i'll still keep ac will be the handling. Thanks sector 3 :thumbsup:

By the way. It's amazing seeing posts like "my 780 can handle 60 fps". Really makes me appreciate my gtx 750 ti which also gives me steady 60 fps at somewhere inbetween high / maxed out settings. Amazing budget card.

I played assetto corsa after a long break and to be honest, it wasn't really superior graphically. Now with this added, the only reason i'll still keep ac will be the handling. Thanks sector 3 :thumbsup:

By the way. It's amazing seeing posts like "my 780 can handle 60 fps". Really makes me appreciate my gtx 750 ti which also gives me steady 60 fps at somewhere inbetween high / maxed out settings. Amazing budget card.

Just my opinion ( I collected a lot of disagrees on my post here already :D ), AC looks great to me. The cockpits look awesome in AC (never played Pcars). The graphics of the cockpits in R3E look very old and remember me to the good old GTR2 days. Grey. A lot of. I guess they took the cockpits from GTR2, Race 07 and put them in in R3E. That must be the reason they look so old to me.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%