RaceRoom Racing Experience | WTCR 2020 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have today deployed the brand-new 2020 WTCR pack for RaceRoom Racing Experience.

New content is always a nice time for fans of any simulation, and when the content is as good as we know Sector3 Studios are capable of producing with the WTCR licence, then those nice times become something rather outstanding.

r3e update middle 1.jpg

Each of us will of course have our own favourite category of car in each of our simulations of choice, but for me at least, Sector3 Studios have really nailed the feeling of driving a WTCR car in RaceRoom Racing Experience - and seeing as the new DLC pack contains another new model in the form of the Renault Megane, as well as updates to the model for both the Alfa Romeo and the Cupra this is indeed a rather exciting new content release.

Containing all the cars, teams and drivers of the 2020 WTCR season, including a wide variety of guest and one-off entrants that year, the new WTCR 2020 DLC pack is available to purchase now from the RaceRoom Store, for around £16.48.

RaceRoom | WTCR 2020 DLC: Click Here.

The new pack contains 7 manufacturers (Audi, Honda, Renault, Cupra, Lynk & Co, Hyundai and Alfa Romeo). plus 33 liveries and drivers that competed within the 2020 FIA WTCR championship season.

r3e middle 2.jpg

In other RaceRoom news, the studio have also deployed a complementary update alongside the new car pack, details of which can be found below:

Update details:
Download size = 1.7 GB
Client version = 0.9.2.29
Client BuildID = 6291963
Dedi version = 72.0.1261
Dedi BuildID = 6291978

Changelog:
  • Fixed a case where the player could end up blocked upon trying to leave a server after finishing a race while other players are still not done.
  • Pit limiter - Made sure the game is more lenient towards the speed of a player car under AI control in the pitlane.
  • Sounds - Reduced volume of ground scraping effects by 4 dB.
  • Controllers - Added a profile for another variant of the Logitech G923
  • Aquila - Dampers tuned to improve handling over bumps
  • Audi TT cup - Dampers tuned to improve handling over bumps
  • BMW M6 GT3 - Dampers tuned to improve handling over bumps
  • Chevrolet Corvette Z06R GT3 - Reduced engine heating, increased radiator cooling
  • DTM 14/15/16 - Fixed tyre compounds disparity. All 3 seasons are now on the same hard compound base.
  • DTM 2020 - Increased trail and scrub radius
  • Formula RaceRoom 90 - Increased mechanical trail to 30mm, up from 17.5mm, Increased scrub radii, Rebalanced dampers (equalised front/rear usage splits)
  • Formula RaceRoom X-17 - 5 engine maps added
  • Group C car class - Set mechanical trail to 22.5mm, Rebalanced dampers equalised front/rear and high speed usage, Stopped overheating
  • GT1 car class - 5 engine maps added
  • GT2 car class - Balanced dampers high/low & front/rear
  • GT3 car classes - Reduced fuel use disparities across all car models
  • GT4 car class - Rebalanced dampers (equalised front/rear use splits),
  • KTM X-bow GT4 - Added 1 extra tooth to final drive ratio
  • Nissan Skyline Group A - Dampers tuned to improve handling over bumps
  • Volvo 240T Group A - Dampers tuned to improve handling over bumps
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R (2019) - Attempt at fixing a tendency for the cockpit camera to end up offset on one side.
  • Porsche 911 RSR - Increased adjustment range for camber angles and spring selection
  • Porsche 934 RSR - Dampers tuned to improve handling over bumps
  • Porsche 964 Carrera - Dampers tuned to improve handling over bumps
  • Silhouettes car class - Increased mechanical trail, Raised roll centres, Increased anti-squat, Increased rear geometric camber gain, Re-balanced dampers for equal front/rear low/high balance
  • WTCC 2013 - Increased radiator cooling for all cars
  • WTCR car classes - Raised front damper high-speed threshold, lowered rear. Better bump absorption, tweaks to tyres to increase the pace drop off after the first 10% of wear
  • Aragon - Fixed a bad cut corridor detection in turn 3, Resolved overly strict T14 cut corridor, Nudged around some AI cut corridors to stop AI curb abuse
  • Bathurst - Tweaks to AI speed and raceline
  • Daytona Road Course - Reduced AI speed in the apex of turn 2, prevented AI from veering to one side during rolling starts
  • Hungaroring - Tweaks to AI’s raceline to reduce their tendency to abuse track limits.
  • Imola - Tweaks to AI’s raceline so they don’t run wide before the last turn
  • Norisring - Tweaks to AI’s lap 1 behaviour in T1 and T2.
  • Sepang - Fixed inconsistent cut corridor detections all around the track, fixed missing HUD maps.
  • Twin-Ring Motegi - Moved the spawn location of time attack and private qualifying sessions
  • Zolder - Moved the spawn location of time attack and private qualifying sessions
  • Fixed an issue with rolling starts in multiplayer where cars under AI control would try to avoid the car of a disconnected player ahead.
  • Fixed a bug in single player races where pressing “R” for instant replay during a race start procedure would result in a skipped first lap.
  • Fixed a dedicated server issue that wouldn’t report incident points for disconnected clients.

The WTCR 2020 DLC is available now.

Original Source; Sector 3 Studios.

RaceRoom Racing Experience fans rejoice! Join in the conversation and start a new thread today in the R3E sub forum right here at RaceDepartment !

r3e update footer.jpg

Last edited:
Love the WTCR and normally, that would be an instant buy for me, but I'm still not comfortable playing R3E since I switched to a Fanatec wheel. For some reason, it felt much better with my G29. Weird. There's obviously something I'm not doing well...

Love the WTCR and normally, that would be an instant buy for me, but I'm still not comfortable playing R3E since I switched to a Fanatec wheel. For some reason, it felt much better with my G29. Weird. There's obviously something I'm not doing well...

FFB Guide - December 2019 | Sector3 Studios Forum

Call me an idiot, but my buying route was like this:

1. I have a 2019 WTCR Audi\Alfa, buy a Megane
2. wow, discount Hyundai, need to buy one too and some liveries
3. oh, also a new Cupra, I'll take one too and a couple of liveries
4. I absolutely love the WTCR 2020! I'll buy all pack. :confused:

Don't make the same mistakes I did. Buy the whole fullpack - it's beautiful.

Last edited:
Has anybody been able to buy this? In game I go to the checkout, confirm that I want to pay in dollars, confirm purchase, and then nothing.

Previously everything has been OK as my payments go through steam.

Edit: I'm being a pillock - I forgot that I need to add funds to my steam account to do this.

Last edited:
Honestly you're better and cheaper buying vRP from the store.
But not come across so far anyone with your problem.
Does Steam Overlay need to be enabled or something like that maybe.

Yes, and it wasn't. :redface:

I think I should step away from anything more technologically advanced then a basic pocket calculator today, or drink more coffee.

Anyway finally successful. Thanks

Re vRP - It's cheaper I'll give you that, but it's a bloody faff around IMO, and honestly it's not like the car pack cost a fortune through Steam, especially with the discounts I received.

Nice update had a couple of races with the new WTCR 2020 cars, AI so good you can actually trade paint with them and not fly off the track just like real touring car racing. Now if I can just master the 2020 DTM's. :whistling:
Good job Sector3. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I just don't rate the AI in this game as much as others do. I took the Scirocco & m235i out for races at Watkins Glen. The Ai are super slow in corners & then seem to have an extra 50hp on straights. So even when I exit a corner faster they always get away from me. The last corner is a good example as they break hard & i have to avoid hitting them as they become obstacles then they have magically gained on me towards the next bend.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I just don't rate the AI in this game as much as others do. I took the Scirocco & m235i out for races at Watkins Glen. The Ai are super slow in corners & then seem to have an extra 50hp on straights.
Most of us are rate R3Es AI on it's ability for close racing and some of it's "human-like" qualities, rather than it's lap times alone. The AI is tuned per track (and probably per car too) so one track/car combo isn't really indicative of much.

For example, The AI in my WTCR races at Brands were absolutely spot on. Their pace was good and I had to fight for position, there were no "cheat passes" due to AI inability or poor speed. There was only one corner where they tended to brake a bit too early, but other than that they were fine.

Watkins Glen might just need an AI pass for some classes in a future patch.

Kenny Paton

Staff
Premium
I took the Scirocco & m235i out for races at Watkins Glen. The Ai are super slow in corners & then seem to have an extra 50hp on straights
Do you use Adaptive AI, they should after a few races give you a good race. A good method is to run a couple of 3 lap races with them using only 2 or 3 AI so your times are consistent. That should make a difference. Of course there will be anomalies which is why the devs keep on working to improve the AI. But as Ross says it's more about the door to door stuff that really makes them special.
I'll make a point of trying the combo next time.

Most of us are rate R3Es AI on it's ability for close racing and some of it's "human-like" qualities, rather than it's lap times alone. The AI is tuned per track (and probably per car too) so one track/car combo isn't really indicative of much.

For example, The AI in my WTCR races at Brands were absolutely spot on. Their pace was good and I had to fight for position, there were no "cheat passes" due to AI inability or poor speed. There was only one corner where they tended to brake a bit too early, but other than that they were fine.

Watkins Glen might just need an AI pass for some classes in a future patch.

And sadly, Spa is a massive mess for the AI under multiclass setup.

I really love the 10+ classes races in R3E but it seemed like it is impossible to do without massive pileups now.

Had some really good racing in Nurburgring GP, though.

Earlier this game was running without issues, but i wanted to test new cars and got only approx 56-60 fps anybode has this issue? Tried 32 bit and 64 bit version nothing helps, even changin graphics settings to low i get same small fps. Running 1080ti, 10600k-4,9ghz, 16gb ram. On 1080p tripples. Thanks.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 79 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 116 28.0%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 67 16.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 40 9.7%
  • €3001-5000