Raceroom Racing Experience Wishlist

In honesty though, I'd love to see some more classic content. The Group 5's are a blast, as are the DTM `92's. It'd be great to see some of the old GTL cars brought into a current sim. Imagine what S3 could do with the audio for those beauties! On a more modern note, I'd love to see the official BTCC series but I know that's little more than a pipe dream.

Tracks, other than Brands I'm not overly fussed. It'd be nice to see S3 continue down the route of releasing lesser-known tracks like the upcoming Most, rather than repeating what everyone else has already done. And if they did decide to give us some classic cars, then perhaps some classic versions of the tracks they used to race on would be nice too.

In hoping for WEC 2018/2109 grid, plus the tracks, we have the most of them on the sim already, were missing, Circuit de La Sarthe, Fuji Speedway and Sebring. A great addiction tho the Sim.
Le Mans Europe 2019 Season, Asian 2018/2019 Season would be great also, we have also a most of the tracks on the Sim already, we need Barcelone for the European Season, Fuji and Buriram for the Asian Season.
DTM 2019, and again, we have almost all the tracks on the SIm already, missing Misano, Assen and the so wanted Brands Hatch GP.
Lots of thinks come to my mind when i was typing, great for R3E, since no other SIm can provide us such content, great for Sim Racing overall, tons of fun, tons of leagues, Esports.

I really want to know why people ask for old cars, old tracks.
No one will play online those things.
I really hate people asking for 92 cars , i look for the online servers, 0 just 0 people want to race online with those cars.
we dont have brand hatch gp , we dont have cataluyna or giles villenueve.
The next years will have new GT3 cars, i doubt we are going to have those updated. i really hope to see the new 2019 audi , mclaren 720.

This kind of stuff brings more people.

I really want to know why people ask for old cars, old tracks.
Maybe it's an age thing and it relates to when people first got interested in motorsports and want to relive what they saw.
And despite how it may appear, there's still a huge percentage of players who only do SP and want them, as every other game has modern cars and the same tracks and Sector 3 do classic content so well.
The more choice the better I think.

I really hate people asking for 92 cars...
And I really hate people that think that their opinions and experiences speak for everyone, everywhere. :rolleyes:

FYI, GT Legends was a hugely popular sim and had an extremely popular racing club right here on RD. The DTM 92's in R3E are well established as one of the most popular classes the sim has, and the Gr5s are not far behind. The new classic Porsche was also an instant hit and people are already crying out for other Gr4 cars to be added to the sim. And not forgetting the popularity of the NSUs.

So you see, your claims are nonsense. You cannot use the online servers you have seen as any kind of proof because barely anybody races on public servers full stop. They're always empty, regardless of content, because of the incredibly poor standard of racing they provide. Join a community like RD with clean, organised racing and you will quickly learn what classes are the most popular and in demand for racing, and the classics are right up there with the moderns.

Sim racing is for all and for me the whole point of it is to Simulate the racing you've always dreamt of driving, now if one wants to eat oil & grit, ragging a Ferrari 410 sport around the original Hockenheim ring then all power to you brother, I'm in :thumbsup: or on the other hand a Gentleman's race in a Bentley, waving out the window, at Silverstone or maybe a sewing machine around some inner city car park, Sim racing is for everyone and the beauty of RR is you have a great variety of old and new.
We all have to compromise when it comes to updates, I personally have absolutely no interest in single player but welcome the new multiplayer feature as an expansion and draw for the Sim. (not to mention silencing a hefty percentage of nags) :p
With regards to historic tracks or layouts I'm most definitely in but also fully understand that the research and work could probably either make it to laborious or more expensive for the punter. In these laser scanned times (why people require this baffles me, tracks are an evolving entity), pleasing the majority may also prove difficult. For me, right width, exact kerb heights (on release) and correct elevation are a priority, historical bumps can be added to gain the right effect in every Sim, job done! I'm defo not one for driving the extremities of the landscape making sure the bin by the portaloos is the correct dimensions. :rolleyes:
Whether people like it or not RR are improving older content and adding new, old :O_o: content and I for one appreciate it. The 934 is dream (nightmare) to drive and I cannot wait for the next two from the Porsche retired horse stable and hopefully plenty of mates for them to play with.
@J-F Chardon has already mentioned maintaining the GT classes with modern variants as and when released (existing series updates just get priority) and of course, excuse or not, S3 are still a small team.
Imho I feel S3 are on the right path, filling out RR with more features and content is always going to miff some, yet others will get wet pants, at the end of the day, whether it floats your boat or not it's toward the greater good!

And if they did decide to give us some classic cars, then perhaps some classic versions of the tracks they used to race on would be nice too.
Watkins Glen should be mandatory for any racing game calling itself a racing sim.;)

And personally I really miss Silverstone in the "historic" 1991 version - the red one in the pic.
To the best of my knowledge its only iRacing who have this layout.
OK rF2 have a rather bad converted version with bumps every 100m.:poop:

Give us the real Silverstone Sector3Studio!! :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:
Silverstone 1991-93.jpg

i know that is nice to have old cars to race, but i still say no one will play online those cars. I just for the nostalgic.
People say in raceroom is empty servers , maybe because all the servers are with too many cats , too many crap configs.
With the friends we needed to create a server to play with normal gt3 cars and a mix of tracks.
Every night we create that server and people come, we invite everyone to join us, you can filter the server with the name RAZA o TRANZA.

i know that is nice to have old cars to race, but i still say no one will play online those cars. I just for the nostalgic.
OK??
If you check my video above then you can see that there is a full 28 cars grid.
And the others are not unintelligent AI drivers.
Its an online race - OK?
And furthermore the car used is the Lotus 79.
Do you know how old this car is/does simulate?:)
But I agree the video is not from Raceroom - where you postulate that "no one will play online those (OLD) cars".
And you know probably better than me that the reason for the low online participation in Raceroom is because of the age of cars.:thumbsup:

Like I said, you are wrong. The classic content is popular in our online club racing every time we use it. And saying that it's only nostalgia when half (most?) of the people racing in our club were not even born when some of these cars were racing is pretty silly. I fully agree that the GTR 3s are also very popular, but that fact alone does not mean nobody is interested in racing classics, and the proof is readily available to show otherwise.

I'm not old enough myself to have seen most of the classics race for real. Want to know why I personally love them and want more? Three main reasons.

First, they're beautiful. They come from an era when each and every car looked unique, and when styling was just as important to the designers as performance. I like old-school car design.

Second, they each have their own personality. You can't just jump in and drive like you can with nearly every modern racing car out there. Each classic has it's quirks and foibles, and you need to learn and master them in order to be quick.

Third and most important, they'd bloody good fun! None of this high-downforce driving on rails nonsense. They're loose, they have no brakes, they're terrifying, and keeping them pointing the right way is as much the battle as passing your opponents. I get much, much more satisfaction racing something like that than I do stuck to the road in a GTR 3. :cool:

People say in raceroom is empty servers , maybe because all the servers are with too many cats , too many crap configs.
With the friends we needed to create a server to play with normal gt3 cars and a mix of tracks.
Every night we create that server and people come, we invite everyone to join us, you can filter the server with the name RAZA o TRANZA.
Are you looking in the private servers?
Lot of clubs will err toward older content but then it could well be that older guys tend to join clubs, so requests are for the more nostalgic content.
Can we not just have a good mix of both?
I do have a bit of an issue with historic tracks, not that I dislike them in particular, some were just bat **** mad scary, which I like but having 4 versions of one track just fractures the community more so and for the sake of omitting one turn in most cases. Personally I prefer the modern layout (which can be replicated 100%) and all it's variants but with every car ever made to run on them.
Have to be honest, would very much like to have the option to run historic cars on modern rubber, would like to know how much more of the power of some of these beasts, could be used and how much faster one could negotiate a track.
Manufacturers supply the actual data for their cars, so coders can replicate the actual cars behaviour on the track, why run them on made up tarmac when we could run them on the actual tarmac of any given circuit. :O_o:

New cars and tracks are a given and I'm sure there will be some cool stuff (Group C would be nice), but what I'm really hoping is that 2019 will finally be the year when Raceroom gets proper tires with pressures and flatspots. Alex Hodgkinson has given some hints that those things are being worked on so it's seems like this might the year.

Maybe a better temperature simulation would be nice as well since currenty overheating the tires doesn't seem to have much effect at all. And then lets not forget the lack of a dynamic track simulation... and better mechanical damage... and... and... :D

Basically I'm very VERY happy with all the improvments Alex has brought to the physics in Raceroom so far and I would like for him to keep going even further and more in depth in 2019. Thats about what I want from Raceroom in the next year :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.2%