Raceroom Racing Experience Wheel / FFB Settings thread.

Instead of people having to wade through pages upon pages with posts to find Wheel and FFB settings that might work, or might even be out of date, I will do my best to keep this post up to date with links to settings that people find useful.

Please do help me by pointing out useful posts in a reply below or a PM to me.

Fanatec GT3 / CSR
No info yet...

Fanatec CSR Elite
No info yet...

Fanatec CSW v1/v2
Fanatec ClubSport V2 Settings - by @Sean Lander - June 2015

Logitech DFGT
No info yet...

Logitech Momo
No info yet...

Logitech G25/G27
Logitech G27 settings - by @Matej Lakota - June 2015

Simexperience Accuforce wheel
No info yet...

Thrustmaster TX/T300
Thrustmaster T300 settings - by @Jyri Kettunen - June 2015

Thrustmaster T500
Thrustmaster T500 settings - by @Giangiorm - June 2015

Last edited:
Attached is settings for T300 that cured the FFB for me. So much so that I ended up purchasing most of the content.

In the wheel profiler, overall strenght is at 75%, others are 100% (except auto-center, which is controlled by the game).

Thanks very much for this - I see a few people rate these settings.

I have just tried to apply them and messed up my profiles - not helped by them all just showing up as T300 custom. It also says G27 missing after I apply this profile and I have never used a G27 - are you using shifter / button box or G27 pedals somehow ? So now I'm not sure I'm picking or applying the correct settings.

Would you mind posting either a screenshot of the FFB screens or a list of your settings if possible ?

Really keen to get it feeling nice. Have the DTM 1992 back and thinking of picking up Group 5.

Cheers

Karl.. its okay you've done nothing wrong its just jyri setup for his pedals etc. Easiest way is to paste the FFB portion of the text file into YOuR profile.

So paste this block into your current t300 control set:-

FFB Device Name="none"
FFB Device Name Alternative="none"
FFB Rumble Pad="0" // Type of FFB controller: 0=wheel, joystick etc with force feedback, 1 = pad with rumble motor
FFB Gain="0.85" // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
FFB steer vibe freq mult="1.0" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.0" // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB steer vibe slope="0.0" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB steer force average weight="1.0" // How much weight is given to new steering force calculations each frame (0.01 - 1.0). Lower values will smooth out the steering force, but will also add latency.
FFB steer force exponent="1.0" // Steering force output "sensitivity". Range 0.0 to infinity. 0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 = lower sensitivity.
FFB steer force input max="11500.0" // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction).
FFB steer force output max="0.8" // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
FFB steer force grip weight="0.4" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
FFB steer force front grip exponent="0.0" // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0. Exponent applied to grip weight.
FFB steer force rear grip exponent="0.0" // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0. Exponent applied to rear grip loss weight.
FFB steer update thresh="0.015" // Amount of change required to update steer force/vibe (0.0 - 1.0). Lower values = steering force updated more frequently = lower frame rate.
FFB steer friction coefficient="0.1" // Coefficient to use for steering friction. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer friction saturation="1.0" // Saturation value to use for steering friction. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer damper coefficient="0.5" // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer damper saturation="1.0" // Saturation value to use for steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer force balance mode="0" // Mode for how to add the steering forces together (lateral, load and diff). Acceptable values: 0 = lat + load + diff, 1 = sqrt(lat^2 + load^2 + diff^2), 2 = sqrt(lat^2 + load^2) + diff, 3 = sqrt(lat^2 + (load + diff)^2), 4 = sqrt((lat + load)^2 + diff^2)
FFB steer load multiplier="0.7" // Multiplier for vertical load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
FFB steer lateral multiplier="0.35" // Multiplier for lateral forces. Range: 0 - infinity
FFB steer rack factor="0.0" // How much of the lateral forces comes from steering rack. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer load change exponent="1.0" // Exponent for the change in load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
FFB steer load change breakpoint="1.0" // Breakpoint (value that will not be changed) for the exponent on the change in load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
FFB steer spring coefficient="0.1" // Coefficient for steering spring. Range: 0.0 - 1.0
FFB throttle vibe freq mult="1.0" // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration frequency. Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50
FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.0" // Magnitude of engine vibration at 0rpm (reference point).
FFB throttle vibe slope="0.0" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude).
FFB throttle vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB throttle vibe update thresh="0.02" // Amount of change required to update throttle vibe (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB brake vibe freq mult="6.0" // Scales actual brake rotational frequency to force feedback vibration frequency.
FFB brake vibe zero magnitude="0.0" // Magnitude of brake vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB brake vibe slope="0.05" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB brake vibe zero magnitude).
FFB brake vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB brake vibe update thresh="0.05" // Amount of change required to update brake vibe (0.0 to 1.0)
FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.1" // How strong the rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
FFB rumble strip freq mult="2.0" // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev.
FFB rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB rumble strip pull factor="0.2" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
FFB rumble strip update thresh="0.08" // Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB jolt magnitude="2.0" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
FFB shift jolt magnitude="0.1" // How strong jolts you get from shifting. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.

Thanks very much for this - I see a few people rate these settings.

I have just tried to apply them and messed up my profiles - not helped by them all just showing up as T300 custom. It also says G27 missing after I apply this profile and I have never used a G27 - are you using shifter / button box or G27 pedals somehow ? So now I'm not sure I'm picking or applying the correct settings.

Would you mind posting either a screenshot of the FFB screens or a list of your settings if possible ?

Really keen to get it feeling nice. Have the DTM 1992 back and thinking of picking up Group 5.

Cheers

I forgot to mention that one should reassign other control devices. OR one could copy and paste the FFB-section of the file to one's controller file (.rcs).

Yes, I use G27's shifter for cars with H-shifter, like DTM '92. The wheel remains attached, haven't bought an adapter.

okay jyri while your here...

Lets start again shall we... I was wrong about the bump stops you were right I admit I was wrong, I apologise for any offense... okay friend? :)

Okay ive just tried a Honda and bmw and the feeling is really good. I would say actually very good. With even default setups. So why are the GT cars feel a little lets say loose. The audi feels like the McLaren to me, where the vette and Camaro feel good.?!

Okay ive just tried a Honda and bmw and the feeling is really good. I would say actually very good. With even default setups. So why are the GT cars feel a little lets say loose. The audi feels like the McLaren to me, where the vette and Camaro feel good.?!

One reason may be that Audi and McLaren are mid-engined cars. Therfore is less weight on the frontaxle and the steeringtorque is smaller compared to a frontengined car. I adjust the overall force when switching from a front-engine to a mid-engine or a rear-engine car (like the ruf).

Also such a relatively frontlight car may have another directional stability compared to a frontheavy car. At least Porsche rear-engined street cars or also the mid-engined Lamborghini Miura are known for a nervous directional stability. But as said these are street cars. Don´t know if the rules are the same for race cars with the big influence of aero.

Lower the steering force setting. Raceroom, Race 07, GTR Evo, etc. all have that setting cranked wayyy too high for default so in essence all you feel is resistance when turning which masks all other details. You need to lower that to like 60 or something and then raise the overall/master FFB and/or raise some of the other sliders.

IIRC, you can't.

Drive get real mode, then you'll be able to adjust TC, ABS etc on cars that allow that IRL.
So how do I know what aids are being used at a given time? Some cars have them in real-life, some don't, some cars only have them when in Ameterur mode, some cars have absolutely no aids in get real mode, etc. etc. etc. How do I know exactly what I am using/ not using? The only thing I ever see is the 6 traction control steps in the garage menu. I don't ever see anything about TC on/off, ABS on/off, stability control on/off, etc.

So how do I know what aids are being used at a given time? Some cars have them in real-life, some don't, some cars only have them when in Ameterur mode, some cars have absolutely no aids in get real mode, etc. etc. etc. How do I know exactly what I am using/ not using? The only thing I ever see is the 6 traction control steps in the garage menu. I don't ever see anything about TC on/off, ABS on/off, stability control on/off, etc.
I don't know, I just get in the car and have fun, I don't worry much about settings, if it's not broken don't fix it :p

ADAC GT 2014 have ABS. If you don't want TC on cars that have it set the first TC step to 0% and change to that step ingame. Simple as that.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%