RaceRoom Racing Experience | Watkins Glen Confirmed For December

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have confirmed the outstanding Watkins Glenn International Raceway will be released for RaceRoom Racing Experience later this month.

50677951223_3d9e2c530f_k.jpg

The Glenn. One of the most respected and loved circuits in the United States, former home of the US Grand Prix in Formula One, and regular on many domestic and international racing schedules - and now it's coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience as part of a sizeable update scheduled for sometime before the holiday season.

Having already confirmed the Audi R8 LMS GT2 will join RaceRoom Racing Experience this month, plus a sizeable update to the simulation, it looks like RaceRoom fans are set to have themselves a very enjoyable festive season indeed....

50678784297_58df5125f7_k.jpg

Original Source: Sector3 Studios.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now, exclusively to PC.

Want to get the most from your installation? Start a thread and ask a question in the R3E Sub Forum right here at RaceDepartment!

50678701191_32b2b0e828_k.jpg

50677950558_b428e5407f_k.jpg

Last edited:
Well, if we're talking about comparisons to the MakCorp Group C cars, then for start their FFB isn't completely broken in Raceroom, so you actually have some tyre/road feel.
Thanks for the input mate, I appreciate it!
The only thing that's been bugging me with this title is the horrible performance, I can max rF2 with ease, but R3E is a frame rate disaster.
Guess it's the old dx9 optimization...

Thanks for the input mate, I appreciate it!
The only thing that's been bugging me with this title is the horrible performance, I can max rF2 with ease, but R3E is a frame rate disaster.
Guess it's the old dx9 optimization...
RaceRoom is one of the smoothest running titles I play. I run it in VR mode with a fairly high spec PC but, by comparison to rF2, RaceRoom runs like absolute butter, looks great and sounds amazing. RR FFB doesn't match that of rF2 imo but, the overall experience is very good and certainly worth giving a second chance.

RaceRoom is one of the smoothest running titles I play. I run it in VR mode with a fairly high spec PC but, by comparison to rF2, RaceRoom runs like absolute butter, looks great and sounds amazing. RR FFB doesn't match that of rF2 imo but, the overall experience is very good and certainly worth giving a second chance.

I am running triple 1440p monitors and rF2 runs better for me, but not by much. rF2 looks a lot better at the same framerate though. I have to turn a lot of stuff down in RRRE to get playable framerates, and it still looks 'stuttery' in comparison.

When I was running VR, RRRE did run better than RF2 most of the time, not by much though.

When I was running VR I experienced in both RR and rF2 occasional freezes especially online in RR. I got rid of VR also for that reason, but offline was always fine...

I like the car-physics in RR and IMO much better than ACC, but the tyre-physics is awkward and needs work. Reminds me more of i(ce)Racing in 2015 than sim-racing in 2020. It's this on/off-grip that leads to an unsaveable spin especially in the high-powered classes like DTM 2020 and Group C, but GT3 as well. I mean even slicks can drift in a controlable way a little without going into ice-mode, but they are loosing time and heat up the tread, so better to avoid it with modern slicks.

@Leynad777 I absolutely guarantee you'll like what we've done with our tyre model come the December update.
You're absolutely right in your assessment about tyre grip at the limit, but knowing what should happen and being able to make it behave the way it should are notoriously hard to match up.
I think we've done it though.
Thanks Alex, I look forward to the update. I'm really happy your team continues to improve and refine RaceRoom. It's really adding value to our investment through sim-racing enjoyment. :thumbsup:

How is this game now? On fanatec dd 1... in the summer I cant setup a good feel ( no any conect with the road feel like Rf2.. is this solved?
rF2 is the pace-setter in terms of informative FFB (JMO), AMS1 may be one of the closer titles.
RaceRoom has aspects that go some way toward making up for what it lacks in immersive FFB though.
Imagine if rF2 had RaceRoom / ACC levels of audio features and qualities, OMG! :confused: ;)

rF2 is the pace-setter in terms of informative FFB (JMO), AMS1 may be one of the closer titles.
RaceRoom has aspects that go some way toward making up for what it lacks in immersive FFB though.
Imagine if rF2 had RaceRoom / ACC levels of audio features and qualities, OMG! :confused: ;)

...and AI, and game modes, and better loading times, and better quality control, and a better tire model, and and and :D ;)

...and AI, and game modes, and better loading times, and better quality control, and a better tire model, and and and :D ;)
Multi & single-player, what more does one need? :D

Yes, loading times are atrocious.

Quality Control. Is that even a thing any more? :p

Tire model, none are perfect but, rF2's seems quite good (modding complexity and air-pressure cheat aside).;)
Still, no other title conveys grip-levels & cornering intensity through the steering better than rF2 (imo).

AI, I've seen them do things in rF2 (such as blocking moves) that no other title has but, they do need updating / optimizing.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 426 39.6%