RaceRoom Racing Experience | Watkins Glen Confirmed For December

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have confirmed the outstanding Watkins Glenn International Raceway will be released for RaceRoom Racing Experience later this month.

50677951223_3d9e2c530f_k.jpg

The Glenn. One of the most respected and loved circuits in the United States, former home of the US Grand Prix in Formula One, and regular on many domestic and international racing schedules - and now it's coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience as part of a sizeable update scheduled for sometime before the holiday season.

Having already confirmed the Audi R8 LMS GT2 will join RaceRoom Racing Experience this month, plus a sizeable update to the simulation, it looks like RaceRoom fans are set to have themselves a very enjoyable festive season indeed....

50678784297_58df5125f7_k.jpg

Original Source: Sector3 Studios.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now, exclusively to PC.

Want to get the most from your installation? Start a thread and ask a question in the R3E Sub Forum right here at RaceDepartment!

50678701191_32b2b0e828_k.jpg

50677950558_b428e5407f_k.jpg

Last edited:
It never ceases to amaze me how good Raceroom looks in comparison, despite being based on basically "ancient" tech at this point. It looks as good if not better than sims that constantly highlight various shiny new technologies being implemented you can't really notice (while presenting generally underexposed visuals with blue cast).

It looks very nice indeed, as does AMS1 on my PC. The problem with newer sims with shinier, fancier graphics and special effects is that if you don't have the horsepower to leave everything on max, they tend to look dreadful when you turn stuff down. In my limited experience a 5+ year old game with lots of AA and high settings always looks better than a modern game on low settings.

Last edited:
It never ceases to amaze me how good Raceroom looks in comparison, despite being based on basically "ancient" tech at this point. It looks as good if not better than sims that constantly highlight various shiny new technologies being implemented you can't really notice (while presenting generally underexposed visuals with blue cast).
It's got that original Star Wars used universe look imo. It's quite dull (in VR) but somehow more real to my eyes than some of stuff like AMS2 that have effects the eyes don't really see that way,

Love Watkins Glenn, this is a must buy for me.

Lilski could’ve probably sold them his version, it’s that good
They didn't. Looks pretty solid except for the catch fence poles. Granted the engine is a tad old I think they could have afforded a few extra triangles and make the poles smooth.

Chances are they used the same data I used so it should be pretty accurate. If they didn't then that would be an even bigger let down. Time will tell I presume.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%