RaceRoom Racing Experience | VW Scirocco Group 2 Coming Soon

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have announced another new piece of content is heading to the simulation soon - the awesome 1977 Volkswagen Scirocco Group 2.
  • New DLC confirmed alongside already announced Watkins Glenn circuit.
  • The car will include a collection of historic liveries.
  • DLC set to release in December.
50695077696_40e60ffbfa_k (1).jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience fans rejoice - another new and exciting content announcement has been revealed by Sector3 Studios - the simulation will be getting some more historic content this month, in the form of the beautiful Volkswagen Scirocco Group 2 car of the 1970's!

Yes, more content is heading to RaceRoom Racing Experience this month, following on from the recent announcements of the ultra modern Audi R8 LMS GT2 machine and the legendary Watkins Glenn International Circuit in the United States. December looks like Christmas is going to come early for RaceRoom fans!

50694337493_8d22f97652_k.jpg

Historic content is always appreciated by sim racing fans (OK, maybe not everyone, but I certainly enjoy it!) and Sector3 Studios have something of a reputation for producing highly enjoyable historic racing cars, leaving a mouth watering prospect for players eager to get behind the virtual wheel of this stunning racer.

Additionally, Sector3 have confirmed the car will come complete with a selection of historic liveries too, really helping to immerse the player in what should be a fantastic experience within the sim.

VW Scirocco Technical Specs:
  • Year: 1977
  • 170 HP
  • 4 cylinder engine
  • 200 kp/h Top Speed
The Scirocco was one of Volkswagen's first successful race cars based on a production model.

50695077651_34922abf82_k.jpg

Original Source: Sector3 Studios

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now, exclusively to PC.

Want to get the most from your installation? Start a thread and ask a question in the R3E Sub Forum right here at RaceDepartment!

50694337418_9d2fadf214_k.jpg

Last edited:
You'll find that's true of all the sims (except maybe iRacing which I don't subscribe to, so have no clue). AMS peaks a bit later due to the Brazilians, but the active player base is so small that it doesn't matter.
Ya, unfortunately outside of iracing and a few console titles sim racing numbers are pretty low in north america during the evenings here.

Ya, unfortunately outside of iracing and a few console titles sim racing numbers are pretty low in north america during the evenings here.
Fortunately during European prime time the ranking servers in Raceroom are full and very competitive :thumbsup:
Since I'm an owl regarding sim-racing, I certainly would like some more action during the night, or American prime time, but this iRacing-addiction seems a bit too strong overseas:(. There are North-American servers in RR and it's up to the users to fill them up. Raceroom delivers very similar features than iRacing regarding post-race-analysis and even a global ranking-system.

Can't stand the FFB since last December's big update.

The endless science experiment continues, and now I've got over $200 worth of content that's worthless until they change the FFB again. Which they probably will.

This is something I really like about AC. The devs will never step in and f up the FFB, or change some small thing that renders every mod I have unusable.

There's something be said for a sim that is basically finished.

Last edited:
Can't stand the FFB since last December's big update.

The endless science experiment continues, and now I've got over $200 worth of content that's worthless until they change the FFB again. Which they probably will.

This is something I really like about AC. The devs will never step in and f up the FFB, or change some small thing that renders every mod I have unusable.

There's something be said for a sim that is basically finished.
I'd definitely like a bit more road feel going on. Yes, round the corners you have an element of weight transference and you can essentially feel what the car is doing. But in comparison with the Reiza titles it does feel a bit empty once you are up and running in a straight line, almost like the wheel has gone to sleep. I've tried all manner of settings recommended, I've even tried editing the controller profile file itself using tweaks from users from this site. Again, it's left feeling a bit empty. Just a touch more road feel/information and it would truly be spot on - tbh, and I know it's sacrilege, I'd be ok with a spot of canned effects. I just can't see how a hard suspensioned race car world transfer zero road detail in a straight line.

Raceroom is slowly pulling me away from ACC. I find the cars more fun in raceroom than ACC and I don't have to rage quit so often. I say Fun, maybe easier to drive. I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that I'm a bit **** at racing.

Dunno why all the complaints about the force feedback I love the shifter feedback when using a sequential shifter. My main complaint is when you crash the feedback doesn't stop it just goes mental for some reason.

Looking at the announcements on there form they have several things in the works.
Audi GT3 evo, audi GT4, audi gt2 ,this car, watkins glen and an updated Bathurst along with a physics update adding engine maps and energy recovery.

Someone also posted a link to Raceroom running on the unreal engine for mobile.

Last edited:
No, it's a mobile app called "RaceRoom Mobile" which is completely different than the sim we play on PC. Watch the video, it's more of a rhythm game than a racing game.
I wouldn't expect it to be the same being a mobile version, other than the content.

Curious if this is the potential testing/preview of the move to the the new engine?

Last edited:
Curious if this is the potential testing/preview of the move to the the new engine?
Nope, because it is not a sim. It may have some of the same car models and tracks, but I doubt they're even the PC versions imported to mobile. As for the bit that really matters, the simulation of physics etc, it's absent. You tap/swipe to control your car and your timing defines the results. Looks like any kind of simulation is non-existent. Like most mobile games it's a boredom killer, not even a proper game.

Raceroom is slowly pulling me away from ACC. I find the cars more fun in raceroom than ACC and I don't have to rage quit so often. I say Fun, maybe easier to drive. I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that I'm a bit **** at racing.

Dunno why all the complaints about the force feedback I love the shifter feedback when using a sequential shifter. My main complaint is when you crash the feedback doesn't stop it just goes mental for some reason.
So just out of curiosity, and I certainly don't want to derail the thread, have you got road detail going along in a straight line? As I'm wondering whether the FFB has been geared towards a certain type of wheel, geared/belt driven/DD. I mean, as previously stated, my wheel does nothing in a straight line, it's like I'm driving over a pool table! Like I said, still love the game, just wish there was that tiny little detail in there. It would be fantastic!

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 286 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years