RaceRoom Racing Experience | VW Scirocco Group 2 Coming Soon

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have announced another new piece of content is heading to the simulation soon - the awesome 1977 Volkswagen Scirocco Group 2.
  • New DLC confirmed alongside already announced Watkins Glenn circuit.
  • The car will include a collection of historic liveries.
  • DLC set to release in December.
50695077696_40e60ffbfa_k (1).jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience fans rejoice - another new and exciting content announcement has been revealed by Sector3 Studios - the simulation will be getting some more historic content this month, in the form of the beautiful Volkswagen Scirocco Group 2 car of the 1970's!

Yes, more content is heading to RaceRoom Racing Experience this month, following on from the recent announcements of the ultra modern Audi R8 LMS GT2 machine and the legendary Watkins Glenn International Circuit in the United States. December looks like Christmas is going to come early for RaceRoom fans!

50694337493_8d22f97652_k.jpg

Historic content is always appreciated by sim racing fans (OK, maybe not everyone, but I certainly enjoy it!) and Sector3 Studios have something of a reputation for producing highly enjoyable historic racing cars, leaving a mouth watering prospect for players eager to get behind the virtual wheel of this stunning racer.

Additionally, Sector3 have confirmed the car will come complete with a selection of historic liveries too, really helping to immerse the player in what should be a fantastic experience within the sim.

VW Scirocco Technical Specs:
  • Year: 1977
  • 170 HP
  • 4 cylinder engine
  • 200 kp/h Top Speed
The Scirocco was one of Volkswagen's first successful race cars based on a production model.

50695077651_34922abf82_k.jpg

Original Source: Sector3 Studios

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now, exclusively to PC.

Want to get the most from your installation? Start a thread and ask a question in the R3E Sub Forum right here at RaceDepartment!

50694337418_9d2fadf214_k.jpg

Last edited:
And I think the track is expensive if its not laser scanned.
New R3E track = £4.50. Two Starbucks Cappuccinos = £5.20. New R3E track = Hours of fun. Two Starbucks Cappuccinos = 30 mins if you don't mind drinking the last half lukewarm.

Expensive? Given the cost to entertainment ratio, I really don't think so.

I heard you're not forced to buy it all at once.
Much more expensive if you buy it piecemeal though, unless you really know you will never want everything.

New R3E track = £4.50. Two Starbucks Cappuccinos = £5.20. New R3E track = Hours of fun. Two Starbucks Cappuccinos = 30 mins if you don't mind drinking the last half luck warm.

Expensive? Given the cost to entertainment ratio, I really don't think so.

Much more expensive if you buy it piecemeal though, unless you really know you will never want everything.

On my g25 and 27 it was perfect on my dd1 not!
No any road feel on my wheel... Try it last summer how is it now??

If you find the in-game AA bad (which it kinda is, I guess, but it's also very cheap), then at least on nVidia, you can easily improve it by forcing a better AA alternative through nVidia Inspector.
View attachment 425703
(For example.)
On an AMD card, just setting the game profile to Adaptative Multisampling instead of default Multisampling also helps a lot to eliminate aliasing at the edges of transparent textures (as usual for dx11 games using msaa), such as the 2d horizon, fences or trees. It's probably equivalent to setting Transparency MS for those settings on the NV CP, not as good as Transparency SS but still a big improvement.
aa_re3.png
(along with 4x msaa set ingame, if you don't override it via cp)

The only other option available on the AMD CP is to discard msaa and override fs ssaa instead which should be much heavier.

Regarding the new car, it's always nice to see a standalone car that can be used as a cup series. If you can live with only one skin, these end up being very cheap, specially on sales. A bit saddened to see the Group 4 roster left with only 2 cars for so long, but a Gr.2 FF brings something new to the table.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing