RaceRoom Racing Experience | Various Tracks Updated In Latest Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Another Sector3 Studios developed update for RaceRoom Racing Experience has dropped today, offering updates to several circuits within the simulation.
  • Lausitzring new layout.
  • Monza new curbs.
  • Hockenheim updated to 2020.
  • Zolder 2020 specification update.
Following on from the new build release deployed to the simulation yesterday, Sector3 Studios have followed up with a further raft of changes to their RaceRoom Racing Experience title this afternoon - updating several circuits within the simulation to modern specifications.

The changes aren't massive in scale - don't expect entirely new configurations here, but are a welcome improvement to the venues within the simulation as Sector3 look to keep some of the more long standing content within the title up to current specifications.

r3E Middle.jpg

The new, free update should automatically download the next time players restart their Steam clients, and for more information on what's new, check out the various social media posts from the studio below:

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now exclusively for PC.

If you need some advice on certain aspects of the sim, or have some knowledge to share, get yourself over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start a new post today!

aaaa.jpg

Last edited:
Graphics are really good. I think they enhance in the right direction.
But somehow, every screenshot has a comic book style touch.
Maybe they need some little corrections to look a bit more natural.
I don't know much about the technique behind that, but some correction in postprocessing, a bit more specular and could look like a real photo.
Nevertheless, i'll start it up tonight :)

I'm thinking about getting Reshade again, just for post processing in Raceroom. I remember Gregorg Ortner's [sp] screen recorded videos having very convincing colors and bloom effects. I use to run it on my old setup, but I forgot why I stopped using it.

Graphics are really good. I think they enhance in the right direction.
But somehow, every screenshot has a comic book style touch.
Maybe they need some little corrections to look a bit more natural.
When I look at your screenshots I think R3E looks as good as any other sim, very natural, I don't understand why some think it's ugly
The 'Photo Mode - Depth of Field' ( blurry in the background and / or in the for ground) in Triple Screen set up does not seem to work very well in Raceroom as it does in AMS2 or rF2 and other Sims...as this does make a difference on how it looks. ;)...also the 'shadows' are hard edged without feathering at the edges which does make it 'Comic Book' looking.
Although if I use a single monitor set up the Photo Mode - Depth of Field works great :confused::O_o:

EDIT: Raceroom has no specific 'Photo Mode' but does have the ability to move cameras about to create screen shot photos....as corrected by Mr Ortner in below post #27...appologise for this misleading information.:redface:

Last edited:
Thanks R3E, nice to get updates for older content. But please 2 suggestions. 1. If you decide to update Zandvoort to 2020 speck can you please make it a separate DLC and leave the current version in the game and 2. Can you please include the GP loop to Brands Hatch. I don't understand the thinking behind leaving it out in the 1st place. This has got to be the only sim that I know of that doesn't offer it

I don't understand the thinking behind leaving it out in the 1st place.
Licensing. It was brought to the sim as part of the DTM Experience pack years ago, and only the Indy layout was used by DTM at the time. Perhaps one day they'll get the licence for the GP layout, but I guess they have a backlog which keeps getting added to by new circuits they feel are higher priority.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.4%