RaceRoom Racing Experience Updated

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Lada Vesta.jpg

Sector3 Studios have released a small hotfix update for their RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation.

Containing nothing particularly revolutionary when it dropped for players of the game earlier today, the new hotfix update for RaceRoom Racing Experience is never-the-less a nice improvement for the simulation, and will surely be welcomed by fans of the game.

Headline highlights of the fresh build release include an unexpected but still rather welcome update to the wonderful Lada Vesta TCR - a special eSport competition car build by Sector3 for the Lada e-championship competition within the title.

Now available with the latest WTCR physics as introduced in time for the recent 2019 season update to the category, the car should now be at the same performance and physics level as its WTCR counterparts within the sim.

The full update notes from the latest build can be seen below:

• WTCR 2018 / 2019 - Massively reduced the amount of smoke and skidmarks left behind the cars
  • Updated all the suspension sound samples with cleaner and more varied recordings
  • By popular demand from competitors, the Lada Vesta from the "Lada e-championship" competition has now received latest WTCR physics.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available for PC now.

For more R3E fun, have a gander at our RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment. Here you can catch the latest news and gossip about the sim, and also take part in our awesome RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club - a great place to enjoy organised and clean online racing fun!

Image Credit: TCR

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Love Raceroom, love the WTCR cars, excited for any update. Slightly disappointed by the obviously bugged but weirdly fun excessive smoke that the WTCR cars will no longer generate. It was most amusing to see people online saying things like "deploy smoke grenades!". May the smoke bug Rest In Peace.

Raceroom has been getting more time from me since I've started racing in the US Club events here and I'm having lots of fun with it.

One simple request to Sector3 Studios: can you please add buttons to adjust the camera pitch up or down in cockpit view? It's pretty essential to getting the cockpit view right for us guys using monitors.

Haven't really followed this title of late, other than the odd headlines here a RD.....tho WTCR always catches my attention, really enjoy the touring cars in Raceroom so this is a welcomed update!

Off topic
A few months back I recall the devs mentioning the thought of moving to DX11 before moving to the new engine to improve performance.....did anything come of that or are we still waiting for GTR3 to release ?

I tried launching the game through steam this morning and Raceroom wouldn't launch.....any ideas?
No file issues and all my other titles in steam launch fine?

Raceroom has been getting more time from me since I've started racing in the US Club events here and I'm having lots of fun with it.

One simple request to Sector3 Studios: can you please add buttons to adjust the camera pitch up or down in cockpit view? It's pretty essential to getting the cockpit view right for us guys using monitors.

Get your FOV setup correctly first. Tool below works.
http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/

Then make minor adjustments forward/back, up/down to suit. I have those mapped to the d-pad on my wheel.
I dont remember how they are mapped by default but you can change it in controls meny :)

i do like raceroom, although i spend a lot of money there i find the helpdesk a bit slow, i asked some questions but the response was so slow...the game is awesome,...i would love to see some older cars in it in the near future.

the wonderful Lada Vesta TCR - a special eSport competition car build by Sector3 for the Lada e-championship competition within the title."

But there is real Vesta TCR! You put photo of it :D

The one in RaceRoom is effectively the TC1 WTCC car 3D model with TCR physics, rather than a 100% replication of the Lada TCR car... however, seeing as Lada pretty much just turned the 2017 wtcc car into a TCR machine in real life, it's pretty much the same thing!

Thanks for your suggestions guys, but it's not the correct answers unfortunately.

Get your FOV setup correctly first. Tool below works.
http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/

Then make minor adjustments forward/back, up/down to suit. I have those mapped to the d-pad on my wheel.
I dont remember how they are mapped by default but you can change it in controls meny :)

I use Triple Screens and my FOV is always set to the mathematically correct value. I'm very familiar with the site you gave, but their values tend not to be accurate, it's always close but it's not exact. This formula I've been using for years and works without fail:

vFOV = 2 x {invTan x [(ImageHeight ÷ 2) ÷ ViewingDistance]}

Got it from here: https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/tutorial-fov-triple-screens-immersion.4009/

They're already available, just not bound to any keys by default. You can turn the camera in all four directions. Look for the "Cockpit Perspective Shift" mappings.

You can do this by going to Control Settings > Edit assignments and under Camera, map the following:

h3fZ6MU.png

To both of you, I've tried these already many times: they don't work in triple screen mode (nothing happens).

I've also tried the triple screen shift up and down buttons, but that's changing the vertical offset (your eye level relative to the center of the screen), not the pitch.

To understand what I'm asking for, play Assetto Corsa and use the "driver onboard settings" app. Adjust the pitch up and down. That's what I want in Raceroom: simple and effective. I've google searched this multiple times for over a year and the ONLY way possible to do this in R3E it seems is by editing game files using some complex DirectX matrix system for calculating camera angles. You have to do this for each car individually. So imagine I start a multiplayer race and the car I'm using has the pitch all wrong. I have to:
  1. exit raceroom
  2. find that car's file
  3. determine what would be the best angle (it tends to vary slightly from car to car, depending on the car's layout)
  4. calculate these angles in to radians, and then sin and cos
  5. plug in these values into this matrix
  6. Open raceroom
  7. check if angles worked
  8. rinse and repeat if it's not correct :O_o:

Also, it would be nice to have all the triple screen adjustment options available in game (monitor size, bezel size, monitor angle, etc).

These options are available via steam launch parameter.
Have a look here: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/how-to-setup-triple-screens.9711/

I know (in fact if you go to the last page, I posted 10 days ago about some of this, same username)...what I'm saying is it's not very practical to have to exit the sim if your adjustments are off, you should be able to do this with a GUI in game (or at least shortcuts like what you currently have for Triple Screen FOV inc/dec and shift up/down).

For example, depending on the sim, sometimes the bezel correction option needs fine tuning and it's much easier to see while adjusting in game. I also have a new trio of monitors coming and to readjust everything is less of a hassle if you can tweak all these parameters in game.

Also, you didn't come back to the original issue: adjusting the pitch angle in cockpit view in triple screen mode.

I hope none of this is coming off as being combative, I just want the game to improve in this aspect. I really like the vertical offset options (iRacing is the only other sim that has this adjustment), but we're just missing pitch adjustment.

Can't they add the Vesta to the main game? I find it a bit pointless to create such a car and make it only playable in competitive time trials. Maybe made sense for the VW ID.R, but not for the Vesta TCR or 2017 DTM Mercedes.

I know (in fact if you go to the last page, I posted 10 days ago about some of this, same username)...what I'm saying is it's not very practical to have to exit the sim if your adjustments are off, you should be able to do this with a GUI in game (or at least shortcuts like what you currently have for Triple Screen FOV inc/dec and shift up/down).

For example, depending on the sim, sometimes the bezel correction option needs fine tuning and it's much easier to see while adjusting in game. I also have a new trio of monitors coming and to readjust everything is less of a hassle if you can tweak all these parameters in game.

Also, you didn't come back to the original issue: adjusting the pitch angle in cockpit view in triple screen mode.

I hope none of this is coming off as being combative, I just want the game to improve in this aspect. I really like the vertical offset options (iRacing is the only other sim that has this adjustment), but we're just missing pitch adjustment.

Yeah I 2nd that..

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 273 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing