RaceRoom Racing Experience Updated - New Mercedes Cars Added

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom May Update.jpg

Sector3 Studios have deployed a new update to RaceRoom Racing Experience today, adding three new historic Mercedes DTM cars for upcoming competitions.

Having recently engaged with AMG Mercedes to perform a number of online eSport competitions using RaceRoom Racing Experience and a selection of historic DTM cars from the German marque, Sector3 have spent some considerable time bringing a selection of these past DTM machines to life in RaceRoom Racing Experience, initially for use in the various online events before eventually bringing the content to the in game store.

As the competitions progress the series use a variety of historic Mercedes content, ranging from the legendary 1995 DTM car right through to the modern day, high downforce machines.

The new update released earlier adds three more new cars to the roster of classic DTM machines, that now include the AMG-Mercedes CLK DTM 2003, the AMG-Mercedes C-Klasse DTM 2005 as well as a competition-only version of the Mercedes-AMG C 63 DTM 2015.

As well as these new cars, the release deployed earlier also contains a nice selection of fixes and improvements to the simulation itself, mostly focussing on addressing some of the frustrating force feedback issues affecting a number of users, especially those with high end Direct Drive wheel setups, and a temporary hotfix for Fanatec users who are experiencing both framerate and force feedback issues with a variety of Fanatec related products.

You can view the full 31.05.2018 change log below:

Game:
  • FFB - No longer sends Jolt effects on extreme forces, which caused strong effects being felt when the car was bottoming out.
  • FFB - Fixed various reported issues with Direct Drive wheels
  • FFB - An issue was spotted with the effect creation for Fanatec devices. While this is being investigated on Fanatec side, a workaround has been introduced, solving the ffb loss, framerate and freezes issues reported when resetting FFB or loading multiple game sessions.
  • Input meter - Fixed an issue where the meter would render before a racing session started.
  • Fixed an issue where cockpit gauges would sometimes be showing wrong values when coming back from an instant replay (spotted in the Zakspeed Capri)
Content
  • Mid-Ohio - Fixed a cut track detection when driving near the pitlane entrance in the last two turns.
  • Laguna Seca - Fixed wrong pitlane speed limit
  • Sepang - Fixed some minor texture flickering on the back of the pit building
  • AMG-Mercedes CLK DTM 2003
  • AMG-Mercedes C-Klasse DTM 2005
  • Competition-only Mercedes-AMG C 63 DTM 2015

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation from Sector3 Studios.

If you like RaceRoom and want to keep up to date with all the latest news and discussions, head on over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum. We host a whole range of top quality club racing events in our Racing Club, plus we offer a great place to hang out and discuss the game with your fellow R3E fans. Pop over and say hello today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think of the new update? Are you enjoying the new (old) Mercedes DTM content? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Im thinking about getting some vrp. What is the end result of not having a filter like AC? How does it operate.....or not operate as a result?
For a class like GT3.. depending on the number of cars you field.. it’s just a random cross section of all cars on the category. So mustangs...old gt40’s. It’s a bit naff...
I usually race DTM instead!

Am I losing it? I can't find any new cars.
I know I must be doing something wrong, so where are they hidden?

NM!! Found them. I naturally thought I could practice first...

You arent doing anything wrong, the titles of the past few RR articles have been bad/incorrect.

These cars are only in use for the Mercedes competition that is ongoing. Right now, the 1995 Merc is being used. Once that round is over, it should become available in the store to purchase. After that, the 2003 Merc will be used, and once its competition round is over, it too will be available in the store. Ditto with the 2005 Merc.

Still lifeless Force Feedback from my OSW Wheel and some type of spongy Feeling.
Overall the cars feel lifeless if i compare it with Assetto Corsa,Rfactor 2 and Automobilista.

A not up to date Simulation. :(

Still lifeless Force Feedback from my OSW Wheel and some type of spongy Feeling.
Overall the cars feel lifeless if i compare it with Assetto Corsa,Rfactor 2 and Automobilista.

A not up to date Simulation. :(

Yet since it was released on the 12 Feb, 2013, yes it's that old, it has had literally hundreds of "Physics" updates.
Tells you a lot about the engine used for these titles, when they constantly receive physics updates for almost Six Years, but we'll still sell you hundreds of dlc, even if you have already purchased a similar content from us.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back