RaceRoom Racing Experience | Update Time

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Racing Experience has been updated.
  • New build released.
  • Improved AI.
  • Pit speed limit exploit removed.
  • Various changes and tweaks.

A new updated for RaceRoom Racing Experience deployed to Steam yesterday, bringing with it a number of changes and tweaks to the simulation across a wide selection of parameters. Of the more notable updates, Sector3 Studios have deployed a number of physics changes and graphical improvements to a number of cars, plus fixed a pit lane speed limiter exploit and added yet more enhancements to the game AI across various circuits.

Raceroom Middle.jpg

You can check out the full update details below:

Update details:
Download size = 1.0 GB
Client version = 0.9.2.17
Client BuildID = 6069362
Dedi version = 70.0.1238
Dedi BuildID = 6025985

Changelog:
  • Missed from December patch notes: After an exploit had been found with pit lane speed limit tolerances (where players would be seen in the pit lane without the limiter on to gain a small advantage by going slightly above the limit), that tolerance was reduced. This has caused some reports of harsher pit speed penalties, which have felt unfair at times. While we look into improving on those cases, players can seek to adapt and adjust their techniques: be careful to enter the pitlane under the limit and make sure not to turn off the limiter too soon when leaving the pitlane. While driving down a slope, avoid giving your engine too much torque as it will be more likely to cause your car to speed above the limit. (using 1st gear with full throttle is more likely to make you bounce above the limit)
  • Fixed Hillclimb stages start phase that failed to hand over control to player
  • Fixed a case where certain replay files could fail to load
  • Fixed -triScr parameters that could conflict with a prototype for a new interface that is still in development.
  • Fixed dedicated server getting stuck in a session when the “Stay in Practice if empty” option was disabled.
  • Physics - BMW M4 GT4 - Increased suspension travel
  • Physics - Formula RaceRoom 3 - Lowered minimum diffuser operating height
  • Physics - Formula RaceRoom U.S. - Increased suspension travel
  • Physics - GT2 cars - BOP work to nerf the Audi a bit
  • Physics - GT3 cars - Tuned ABS & TC so all cars hold more similar slip ratios while TC & ABS are active. Fixed automatic gearbox that could be spotted failing to downshift under 4th gear.
  • Physics - Scirocco Gr2 - Fixed incorrect placement of the fuel cell
  • Cars - Audi R8 LMS GT3 Evo - Improved position of hood / bonnet / rear cameras
  • Cars - Audi R8 LMS GT4 - Improved visuals of the cockpit data display and LED’s
  • Tracks - Bathurst - Fixed an issue with a Pirtek sponsor
  • Tracks - Brands Hatch GP - Visual tweaks. Fixed an art material present on the exit of turn 8 that could trigger a lap invalidation.
  • Tracks - Portimao - Fixed HUD track maps that were no longer centered
  • Tracks - RaceRoom Hillclimb - Fixed HUD track maps that were no longer centered
  • Tracks - Sepang - Fixed some cut corridors
  • AI - Bathurst - Improved AI behaviour
  • AI - Falkenberg - Improved AI behaviour during race starts
  • AI - Mantorp - Improved AI behaviour
  • AI - Scandinavian Raceway (Anderstorp) - Improved AI behaviour

Original Source: RaceRoom Racing Experience Steam

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a PC exclusive racing simulation, available now.

Great place for help and advice? The RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go! Post a thread, engage with the community and find answers to those questions you've always wanted to ask!

R3E Footer.jpg

Last edited:
The whole of the new menu system is better to be honest. It's obviously still beta and needs some work, not least because it's almost entirely black and grey right now. But once complete it should be a nice QoL improvement. I noticed there's even an onscreen chat box in the multiplayer menus at last too! (Though inactive at the moment.)

The whole of the new menu system is better to be honest. It's obviously still beta and needs some work, not least because it's almost entirely black and grey right now. But once complete it should be a nice QoL improvement. I noticed there's even an onscreen chat box in the multiplayer menus at last too! (Though inactive at the moment.)

I was driving the old volvo Touring Car against the AI round the Red Bull Ring tonight and it was sublime. It's such a strong sim, even just racing against the AI.

I was driving the old volvo Touring Car against the AI round the Red Bull Ring tonight and it was sublime. It's such a strong sim, even just racing against the AI.
The Vovlo is one of my favorites in Raceroom...err... well, as are most of the cars:geek::inlove::thumbsup:. Raceroom is coming along nicely with each update. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Vovlo = 'Volvo" :redface::rolleyes::thumbsup:...thanks Kimmo Kokkonen;)

0 RACEROOM VOLVO 240 TURBO at SCANDIAVIAN RACEWAY copy.jpg
1 RACEROOM VOLVO 240 TURBO at SCANDIAVIAN RACEWAY copy.jpg
2 RACEROOM VOLVO 240 TURBO at SCANDIAVIAN RACEWAY crop copy.jpg

Last edited:
The Vovlo is one of my favorites in Raceroom...err... well, as are most of the cars:geek::inlove::thumbsup:. Raceroom is coming along nicely with each update. :thumbsup:
The Volvo was my initial reason for playing Raceroom six years ago. I've tried many other sims, but I always find myself coming back to Raceroom. AI racing is brilliant, car classes are easy to navigate, lots of quality content, sound, graphics and overall immersion is unbeatable.

I think if I could only keep one of my sims it would be Raceroom because it seems to hit all the bases and some of them really strongly. AI racing is amazing, sound is top level (if think ACC creaking is over the top), FFB tells me what I want to know, all the cars feel different, loads of content and finally it looks good enough in VR. It's also not a massive space hog, I've got most of the content and it's sitting about 42gb. Dirt 2.0 is on about 120gb or something obscene and Rf2 does that annoying thing storing it in workshop so doubling space needed.

I think if I could only keep one of my sims it would be Raceroom because it seems to hit all the bases and some of them really strongly. AI racing is amazing, sound is top level (if think ACC creaking is over the top), FFB tells me what I want to know, all the cars feel different, loads of content and finally it looks good enough in VR. It's also not a massive space hog, I've got most of the content and it's sitting about 42gb. Dirt 2.0 is on about 120gb or something obscene and Rf2 does that annoying thing storing it in workshop so doubling space needed.

Agreed. Raceroom is one of the best sims, and if you look at the whole package (best sound, outstanding car/tracks variety, best AI, great physics) it is possibly THE best. IMO of course

Agreed. Raceroom is one of the best sims, and if you look at the whole package (best sound, outstanding car/tracks variety, best AI, great physics) it is possibly THE best. IMO of course
Agreed. Keep coming back to raceroom. The new brilliant thing is ranked multiplayer, every week something else to do and each evening enough people to race to. This is wat I am missing in the other sims, just good online multiplayer and easy to join. FFB very good, graphics good be better. Please copy ranked multiplayer also to AM2 :)

Last edited:
When I use the new webmenu sometimes the game crash after a while. Is this happening to anyone else? Thanks.
I've been using it for about a week and haven't had any crashes at all. Could it be being caused by a specific sequence of events, or a specific menu option? As it's still beta pressing a button that isn't fully implemented yet may crash the game or something.

I've been using it for about a week and haven't had any crashes at all. Could it be being caused by a specific sequence of events, or a specific menu option? As it's still beta pressing a button that isn't fully implemented yet may crash the game or something.

Actually I don't know. For 2 times I was in the middle of a race and the game just stopped and crashed suddenly. Then I removed the launch property -webmenu and it didn't happen again so far. I will try again and see what it does.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 297 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing