RaceRoom Racing Experience | Update Time

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Racing Experience has been updated.
  • New build released.
  • Improved AI.
  • Pit speed limit exploit removed.
  • Various changes and tweaks.

A new updated for RaceRoom Racing Experience deployed to Steam yesterday, bringing with it a number of changes and tweaks to the simulation across a wide selection of parameters. Of the more notable updates, Sector3 Studios have deployed a number of physics changes and graphical improvements to a number of cars, plus fixed a pit lane speed limiter exploit and added yet more enhancements to the game AI across various circuits.

Raceroom Middle.jpg

You can check out the full update details below:

Update details:
Download size = 1.0 GB
Client version = 0.9.2.17
Client BuildID = 6069362
Dedi version = 70.0.1238
Dedi BuildID = 6025985

Changelog:
  • Missed from December patch notes: After an exploit had been found with pit lane speed limit tolerances (where players would be seen in the pit lane without the limiter on to gain a small advantage by going slightly above the limit), that tolerance was reduced. This has caused some reports of harsher pit speed penalties, which have felt unfair at times. While we look into improving on those cases, players can seek to adapt and adjust their techniques: be careful to enter the pitlane under the limit and make sure not to turn off the limiter too soon when leaving the pitlane. While driving down a slope, avoid giving your engine too much torque as it will be more likely to cause your car to speed above the limit. (using 1st gear with full throttle is more likely to make you bounce above the limit)
  • Fixed Hillclimb stages start phase that failed to hand over control to player
  • Fixed a case where certain replay files could fail to load
  • Fixed -triScr parameters that could conflict with a prototype for a new interface that is still in development.
  • Fixed dedicated server getting stuck in a session when the “Stay in Practice if empty” option was disabled.
  • Physics - BMW M4 GT4 - Increased suspension travel
  • Physics - Formula RaceRoom 3 - Lowered minimum diffuser operating height
  • Physics - Formula RaceRoom U.S. - Increased suspension travel
  • Physics - GT2 cars - BOP work to nerf the Audi a bit
  • Physics - GT3 cars - Tuned ABS & TC so all cars hold more similar slip ratios while TC & ABS are active. Fixed automatic gearbox that could be spotted failing to downshift under 4th gear.
  • Physics - Scirocco Gr2 - Fixed incorrect placement of the fuel cell
  • Cars - Audi R8 LMS GT3 Evo - Improved position of hood / bonnet / rear cameras
  • Cars - Audi R8 LMS GT4 - Improved visuals of the cockpit data display and LED’s
  • Tracks - Bathurst - Fixed an issue with a Pirtek sponsor
  • Tracks - Brands Hatch GP - Visual tweaks. Fixed an art material present on the exit of turn 8 that could trigger a lap invalidation.
  • Tracks - Portimao - Fixed HUD track maps that were no longer centered
  • Tracks - RaceRoom Hillclimb - Fixed HUD track maps that were no longer centered
  • Tracks - Sepang - Fixed some cut corridors
  • AI - Bathurst - Improved AI behaviour
  • AI - Falkenberg - Improved AI behaviour during race starts
  • AI - Mantorp - Improved AI behaviour
  • AI - Scandinavian Raceway (Anderstorp) - Improved AI behaviour

Original Source: RaceRoom Racing Experience Steam

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a PC exclusive racing simulation, available now.

Great place for help and advice? The RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go! Post a thread, engage with the community and find answers to those questions you've always wanted to ask!

R3E Footer.jpg

Last edited:
When I use the new webmenu sometimes the game crash after a while. Is this happening to anyone else? Thanks.

Every possibility, as the -webmenu functionality is still BETA and is known to cause issues with multiplayer races/lobbies from time to time.

Suggested action is if errors are encountered to remove the -webmenu entry from your gamer launch command. If you would prefer to continue using the newer BETA UI, prepare to experience ongoing bugs and issues.

Last edited:
You mean the ADAC GT Masters packs? To be honest, no, I don't. The cars featured in those packs are the same ones found in the GTR 3 pack, but with different skins. Since there are far more cars in the GTR 3 pack than any of the ADAC packs it is a far better deal.
I took your recommendation and advice. ;) got the classic touring pack + euro track pack, lol. could've got the legendary pack but really just wanted the older 4wds.

I'm Enjoying Raceroom a lot now , The controller setup and everything else has become more user friendly over time. The VR is the most immersive of all the racing sims, I think it's because they nailed the Default Scaling of the VR World. SOUNDS!! are 2nd to none, and the Hud used from Crew Chief is faultless in VR, easy to set up and move around how you like. HeadsUp Devs, had a bug in Bathurst rolling start with 31 ai , the ai controlled rolling start rammed me into the fence before green light , back of grid start. Each restart same deal. Cheers. GT3's

Last edited:
The VR is the most immersive of all the racing sims, I think it's because they nailed the Default Scaling of the VR World.
I think that's more to do with headset and personal perception, as some people still feel it's off on R3E and other sims. I myself recently did some basic visual measurements and found that the R3E world on my Rift S was far too small, despite "feeling" correct before I did the measurements. Another case of mind over matter, as it seems your brain will accept things as "normal" even if they're not, once you get used to it.

I've now made the world bigger in R3E and most other flight/racing sims, and it actually feels a whole lot better.

Changelog:

• game.raceroom.com is now switched to https
  • Pitlane speed limit tolerance has been adjusted when the limiter is enabled.
  • Slowdown penalty multiplier from repeated cuts is now properly displayed on the HUD notification
  • Tweaks to slowdown penalty logic where the player’s best valid lap in the session is now used as reference to estimate the time gained and the time being given up. If no valid lap exists yet, we then use the AI’s predicted speed just like before.
  • It means the time the player gives up will be more accurately calculated and that the best place to give that time back is no longer in turns, which should improve safety as well. A good tip is also to avoid slowing down near pitlane entrances and exits as slowdown penalties are frozen while in pitlane.
  • Prevented enabling pit limiter or engine ignition during an AI-controlled rolling start.
  • Fixed the default set of driving assists being selected at first game launch.
  • Fixed an issue where player could sometime get stuck when leaving a server early (i.e. before results were made official)
  • Fixed dedicated server results having wrong final positions for players suffering early disconnects
  • Fixed dedicated server UI issues with certain long track names as well as lap and duration selector that could sometimes reset the race length value.
  • Fixed dedicated server that could sometimes get stuck if no player finished the race
  • Fixed the flickering of contact shadows (under the cars) for VR and Triple Screen rendering.
  • Fixed some issues with spectator mode on servers with rolling start races and lap-based races
  • Fixed issues with rolling starts when Assisted Braking was enabled.
  • Fixed some gearbox grind noises that could sometimes be heard during an AI-controlled rolling start
  • Physics - Audi R8 LMS GT3 EVO - Adjusted idle revs to prevent occasional stalling
  • Physics - BMW M4 GT4 - Increased rear suspension travel by 10mm, dampers tuned for better handling over bumps
  • Physics - BOP - BMW M6 GT3 - slight reduction of torque
  • Physics - Callaway Corvette C7 GT3 R - Improved engine cooling
  • Physics - Fabcar 935 - Fixed some issues with the differential where the preload could be set very high.
  • Physics - GT2’s - Improved automated gearbox behaviour
  • Physics - P1 and P2’s - Added default gearbox ratios for Daytona, some AI behaviour tweaks.
  • Physics - Porsche 964 Carrera Cup - Improved standing start performance through a clutch adjustment
  • Physics - Volkswagen Scirocco - Adjusted the rear tyres wear rate.
  • Physics - WTCC - Added adjustable engine braking
  • Physics - WTCR - Improvements to the initial grip of fresh tyres and help reduce the tyre pressure increase over longer stints. Optimum grip is now reached at 80 Celcius. Default tyre pressures were adjusted to match.
  • Tracks - Dubai - Fixed harsh cut detections, moved the leaderboard spawn location closer to the racing line.
  • Tracks - Hockenheim - Moved the leaderboard spawn location further back
  • Tracks - Imola - Moved the pitlane entry gate entrance
  • Tracks - Portimao - Fixed harsh cut detections
  • Tracks - Scandinavian Raceway (Anderstorp) - AI behaviour tweaks to South layout
  • Tracks - Sepang - Fixed harsh cut detections (note: Sepang North layout appears to crash on load, this is being investigated)
  • Tracks - Suzuka - Fixed west layout pitlane that triggered invalid laps.

Last edited:
Ranked multiplayer servers are down while they work on a dedicated server issue with the game crashing if someone leaves the lobby.

Also, there is a fix in the pipeline for a Daytona track limits bug, as they are running a Daytona 2.4 Hr Enduro in t e coming weeks, so want to fix the track issue in time for that.

How does switching the game to HTTP effect it?

Don't worry. I am about to do the "try it and find out" thing, but I am a little in the dark on what R3E was using and how switching to HTTP changes it.

- After briefly running the game.

The store is a lot quicker. It's not instantaneous but it takes less than half the time to display all the cars and tracks. That is a notable improvement.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back