RaceRoom Racing Experience: Top quality online racing starts next week

RaceRoom Racing Experience RaceDepartment Racing Club.jpg

With the dedicated servers having been released last night we are now preparing to kickstart daily club races with RaceRoom Racing Experience.

RaceDepartment will be running a set schedule on a single track per week, starting with Bathurst Mount Panorama next week and you are most welcome to be the first to sing up for those events in R3E Racing Club & Leagues forum.

The weekly schedule will start like this:
  • Mondays: WTCC
  • Tuesdays: ADAC GT
  • Wednesdays: WTCC
  • Thursdays: DTM 13/14
  • Fridays: WTCC
  • Saturdays: Group 5
  • Sundays: DTM '92
The keen eyed (or the not completely blind) will notice that there's a lot of WTCC while several other classes are not represented at all, and this is no accident. We expect WTCC to be one of the most popular series within R3E, if for nothing else for the fact that this content sets R3E apart from other games.

It is also a series that laid the foundation of this community many moons ago with the RACE Series and fits the casual club racing spirit well with cars that are a bit easier to handle (but still difficult to master!) and tends to offer extremely close online racing.

The schedule is however subject to changes in the future based on your precious feedback of course.

The races start at the following times and follow this format;
  • Practice: 19:00 GMT - 60 mins
  • Qualifying: 20:00 GMT - 15 mins
  • Race: 20:15 GMT - 45 mins
For the remainder of this week we will be running some open events on our servers free for everybody, so please join us and help us stress test these servers!

Ladies and Gentlemen start your engines!

sounds great!
But be precise in driving for 45 minutes? that's a challenge for me. and my arms. and knees. eyes too. ass also. I think I can't handle it...
Give it a go, there's no pressure winning in the club, so if you need to take a pitstop and a break then do so. I'll look into shorter racer for the future, but I wanna give this format a chance before I start making any changes.

Give it a go, there's no pressure winning in the club, so if you need to take a pitstop and a break then do so. I'll look into shorter racer for the future, but I wanna give this format a chance before I start making any changes.
I definitely will! Consistency is what I am focused on nowadays. So these online races are ideal oportunity for me.
Fingers crossed with your format.

Looks great, as I'm utterly hopeless in the DTM '92 cars (and I can only race Mondays and weekends) a shuffle of the classes would be great if possible. Lets not forget the Aquila's and Prototype style cars as well, all good fun to drive (and listen to!:laugh:) :thumbsup:

Thanks again to RD for setting these races up, looking forward to it.

45 minutes is really long. Doubleheaders with fixed amounts of laps and several tracks per week was what I expected.
Hoping for the future. And meanwhile give this a go hehe

This is the major thing that has kept me out of RD club events (that, and the time zone differences). Unless there's a huge grid of cars, long races get boring (for me) pretty quickly, and the older I get the more my body complains about long races. I'm a big fan of two shorter (20-30 minutes) races with a 10-15 minute break between them so I can stretch my legs/back/neck and refill my beer. :thumbsup:

Keep the feedback coming, it will be taken into consideration for future events.
Also, high participation combined with proper feedback is the way to go about it, we will tend to listen to those who actually partiicipate in events (even if they don't fit their taste fully) before we do the ones who don't.

Keep the feedback coming, it will be taken into consideration for future events.
Also, high participation combined with proper feedback is the way to go about it, we will tend to listen to those who actually partiicipate in events (even if they don't fit their taste fully) before we do the ones who don't.

If there are ever any events in U.S. friendly times I'll try to check some out even if they're a bit long for my liking. I've been away from R3E for a while but have been kinda itching to have another crack at it and this update should be enough for me to give it a go. :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 110 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 83 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 115 13.5%