RaceRoom Racing Experience to Release WTCC 2016 ft the Volvo S60 Polestar TC1

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Racing Experience WTCC 2016 Volve Polestar.jpg

Swedish developers Sector3 Studios have confirmed the 2016 WTCC season will be recreated in RaceRoom Racing Experience, and with it bringing the beautiful Volvo S60 Polestar TC1 specification touring car to the game.

The 2016 WTCC pack will come as no surprise to those who follow RaceRoom closely, as the simulation holds the official licence to recreate the series, and has released season packs already for the 2013, 14 and 15 championship years. What makes the upcoming 2016 edition of the WTCC special is, of course, the introduction of the exceptionally popular Polestar Cyan Volvo S60, as driven by Fredrik Ekblom, Thed Bjork and the likeable Robert Dahlgren.

New for 2016, Volvo made their full time return to the World Touring Car Championship with the visually stunning TC1 specification S60. Developed by the Swedish manufacturors performance arm Polestar, and campaigned by the newly formed Cyan Racing, the S60 has, unsurprisingly, captured the hearts of my tin top fans the world over. Although not particularly setting the timing sheets alive this season, the plucky Swedish team are gradually making progress with the car as they aim to get a handle on one of the toughest touring car series in the world.

It's pretty, it has a nice colour scheme and some cool drivers. Here's the technical specs:

Engine
: 4-cylinder, 1595 cc, Drive–E Volvo
Drive: FWD
Power: 400 HP
Max rpm: 8500 rpm
Gearbox: 6-speed sequential
Suspension: MacPherson front and rear, adjustable Öhlins dampers
Brakes front: 4-piston caliper, 390mm ventilated discs
Brakes rear: 2-piston caliper, 280mm ventilated discs
Rims: 18″ with five-bolt pattern
Body: Steel and carbon fibre
Weight: 1100 kg

RaceRoom Racing Experience WTCC 2016 Volve Polestar 2.jpg

Of course with the announcement that the 2016 WTCC season is coming to RaceRoom, one should not forget the other manufacturers that will be presented in the new release. Citroen are the current World Champions and carry the converted number one with Jose Maria Lopez. Teammate and touring car legend Yvan Muller will also be present, alongside a wave of customer specification C-Elysée WTCC machines. Lada, Honda and Chevrolet will also be represented by the Vesta, Civic and Cruz models respectively.

The announcement by Sector3 appears to be very early in the development cycle, and as such no in game footage or release dates have yet to be revealed. Stay tuned for more information as and when it becomes available.

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDeparment. Arguably one of the best places to find top quality Club Racing in R3E, the RaceRoom Racing Experience forum is the pace to go for the news as it happens, community discussions and car setups. Head over and leave a comment, join in the online fun or just have a read about what's happening at the moment in R3E. All right here at RaceDepartment.com!

Do you, like myself, reaaaaally like Volvo's? Looking forward to WTCC 2016 addition? Enjoying R3E at the moment? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I hope this pack won't just be the cars... it should include all the tracks, rules and the official WTCC HUD!

That and sorting the bug of having repeated drivers on the track. We should be able to choose who we want to race against. For example, in Volvo, we have had Björk, Ekblom, Dahlgren and Girolami so far, so in the game only 2 Volvos should race and we should be able to choose which 2 Volvos we want to race against.

Damn, I kind of abandoned this game and now they are going to do this to me? :D Take my money! Very happy that this car is finally coming to some sim.

Btw, unless 1.6 is a regulation in WTCC, it should be 2 liters, at least their twin charged motor on the road car is.

I hope this pack won't just be the cars... it should include all the tracks

I think Sector3 do the best they can but the problem nowadays is that to feature tracks they need to have licences from the circuit owners. The season packs usually contain a good portion of the tracks though. I know they are not all there and yes I agree with you they should be, just the usual problem of red tape and lawyers! :rolleyes:

Its clear that wishes about new features is utopic(?)
But what about extending current ingame features to a higer level?
- More options for the mandatory pitstops with laps / time and amount. Eventually also regulations about what to be changed.
- Setup a single race: amount of laps. Time should be set with minutes (option)
- Setting time for quali & practice plus the amount
- Setting amount of races plus starting times.
What else....

Its clear that wishes about new features is utopic(?)
But what about extending current ingame features to a higer level?
- More options for the mandatory pitstops with laps / time and amount. Eventually also regulations about what to be changed.
- Setup a single race: amount of laps. Time should be set with minutes (option)
- Setting time for quali & practice plus the amount
- Setting amount of races plus starting times.
What else....

Flags, safety car...

It's a loose association to this news...but... please oh please please please do a new STCC pack including tracks!!!

PLEASE

@J-F Chardon ;) :D
Or the way more fun (to watch) series V8 Thundercars (or as it's called in Denmark: DTC). 6.2l V8s with 450hp, with cars weighting only about 1200kg, and bodies looking like Mustangs, Camaros and Chargers Challenger. Always close, hard racing (and can be view for free here (only in Swedish though): https://v8thundercars.solidtango.com/

14257596_279852992400233_7388070222366861088_o.jpg

14242229_279852912400241_5727337518166967713_o.jpg

Last edited:
Or the way more fun (to watch) series V8 Thundercars (or as it's called in Denmark: DTC). 6.2l V8s with 450hp, with cars weighting only about 1200kg, and bodies looking like Mustangs, Camaros and Chargers. Always close, hard racing (and can be view for free here (only in Swedish though): https://v8thundercars.solidtango.com/

14257596_279852992400233_7388070222366861088_o.jpg
I like these....a lot. :inlove::confused: The Viking equivalent of Stock Cars.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 122 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 95 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 128 13.6%