RaceRoom Racing Experience to Release WTCC 2016 ft the Volvo S60 Polestar TC1

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Racing Experience WTCC 2016 Volve Polestar.jpg

Swedish developers Sector3 Studios have confirmed the 2016 WTCC season will be recreated in RaceRoom Racing Experience, and with it bringing the beautiful Volvo S60 Polestar TC1 specification touring car to the game.

The 2016 WTCC pack will come as no surprise to those who follow RaceRoom closely, as the simulation holds the official licence to recreate the series, and has released season packs already for the 2013, 14 and 15 championship years. What makes the upcoming 2016 edition of the WTCC special is, of course, the introduction of the exceptionally popular Polestar Cyan Volvo S60, as driven by Fredrik Ekblom, Thed Bjork and the likeable Robert Dahlgren.

New for 2016, Volvo made their full time return to the World Touring Car Championship with the visually stunning TC1 specification S60. Developed by the Swedish manufacturors performance arm Polestar, and campaigned by the newly formed Cyan Racing, the S60 has, unsurprisingly, captured the hearts of my tin top fans the world over. Although not particularly setting the timing sheets alive this season, the plucky Swedish team are gradually making progress with the car as they aim to get a handle on one of the toughest touring car series in the world.

It's pretty, it has a nice colour scheme and some cool drivers. Here's the technical specs:

Engine
: 4-cylinder, 1595 cc, Drive–E Volvo
Drive: FWD
Power: 400 HP
Max rpm: 8500 rpm
Gearbox: 6-speed sequential
Suspension: MacPherson front and rear, adjustable Öhlins dampers
Brakes front: 4-piston caliper, 390mm ventilated discs
Brakes rear: 2-piston caliper, 280mm ventilated discs
Rims: 18″ with five-bolt pattern
Body: Steel and carbon fibre
Weight: 1100 kg

RaceRoom Racing Experience WTCC 2016 Volve Polestar 2.jpg

Of course with the announcement that the 2016 WTCC season is coming to RaceRoom, one should not forget the other manufacturers that will be presented in the new release. Citroen are the current World Champions and carry the converted number one with Jose Maria Lopez. Teammate and touring car legend Yvan Muller will also be present, alongside a wave of customer specification C-Elysée WTCC machines. Lada, Honda and Chevrolet will also be represented by the Vesta, Civic and Cruz models respectively.

The announcement by Sector3 appears to be very early in the development cycle, and as such no in game footage or release dates have yet to be revealed. Stay tuned for more information as and when it becomes available.

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDeparment. Arguably one of the best places to find top quality Club Racing in R3E, the RaceRoom Racing Experience forum is the pace to go for the news as it happens, community discussions and car setups. Head over and leave a comment, join in the online fun or just have a read about what's happening at the moment in R3E. All right here at RaceDepartment.com!

Do you, like myself, reaaaaally like Volvo's? Looking forward to WTCC 2016 addition? Enjoying R3E at the moment? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
It's a loose association to this news...but... please oh please please please do a new STCC pack including tracks!!!

PLEASE

@J-F Chardon ;) :D

Yes, this was considered, it's not impossible that it happens at some point. Bringing a couple of tracks from our STCC expansions into RaceRoom and giving them a facelift. Right now we have our hands full, though. But hang in there, hope's not lost. We love those tracks too ;)

If I'm honest, I've never been a fan of FWD drive cars for racing. However, ever since I started playing R3E, the WTCC cars have really grown on me. Man does that Volvo ever look cool. It won't be enough to take me away from my beloved Cruze though...:D
I share these feelings.
And this S60 (though I'm not really a Volvo fan) looks very good...
Keep 'm coming Sector 3 (and don't forget to finish the X-Bow please :D)

Looking forward to this, Sector 3 do a great job with the licences they've got.

Slight shame they're removing the experience element as I liked the "standalone" feature of the DTM and WTCC part of the sim but looking forward to the '16 WTCC cars though :thumbsup::)

Sorry if this has been asked 100000 times before but I will ask anyway.
What is going on with regards to VR support in R3E.
After initially being blown away by how good the sound,ffb and racing in R3E is I had to drop it because of no VR support.
Any ideas chaps?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years