Raceroom Racing Experience: Sector3 Development Stream

42829436tt.jpg

Sector3 has held a new dev stream about the upcoming Raceroom Racing Experience update.

Gentlemen, start your engines: there's an R3E update coming out next week, with dedicated servers and other new features.

The stream mentioned many new contents boiling in the Sector3 pot, but I reckon that the WTCC 14 pack is the one we'll be seeing first. WTCC 14 will not be an experience, and it will be made of a car pack and separate track releases. The devs mentioned that we'll definitely be seeing Macau and Shanghai soon.
There's no release date for the carpack yet, but it's going to be "as soon as possible".

Confirmed, also, is the future introduction of open wheelers, with a Formula 4 style rookie car, a GP2-style car and a "high end F1 car". The studio has also teased the new Audi TT Sport Cup in the past few days, along with the Audi R18 (which will be added to the existing protoype class). New prototypes are also on the way, and they will possibly be split into Prototype 1 and Prototype 2 classes.

The update coming out next week will feature dedicated servers and a new clutch bite option along with the possibility to make manual starts (and jump starts). Among the raft of fixes (including a "huge AI improvement", we'll see faster menus and loading times and also an "experience" bar that will make switching between the game's several Experiences faster.

DTM 2015 skins will be included in the next update, but they will not be on sale. Those cars will only be available for "big online competitions", so stay tuned.
New graphics and sound options will be available next week as well.

Raceroom Racing Experience will receive in the future the Nordschleife in its many versions: the studio plan on releasing as many layouts as possible, including the Endurance one. The developers are currently working on finding a way to avoid a necessary outlap, since it's a fairly long circuit. Spa-Francorchamps is in the works as well.

You can watch the dev stream on Sector3's Twitch page by clicking here.

Last edited:
More GP2 to me, despite the shark fin on the engine cover. Has the sloped sculpted front nose, vertical barge boards, curved side flooring, triangular air scoop, same style radiator inlets. Front wing is running the low downforce elements and rear wing has the cut out and the real car doesnt. Definitely a great addition and look forward to the sounds.

looking at that video, my problem doesn't seem to exist. Can someone if possible (from the studio) send me a controller file.

I really want to drive this sim as others and not fight my swaying wheel.

on the subject of FFB all bets are off with regards to personal preference and actual issues. That is normally my approach to these FFB discussions.

Not so long ago I tried someone else's sim rig in a different game (one we both drive) and his FFB settings were horrible, but he just kept raving about how he loved it and "how he could feel everything the car was doing" "was the best ever" and I felt completely disconnected from what was going on hating it to the bone.

So FFB issues, sometimes hard to find the "problem" every complaint and feedback is valid, but finding a solution for everyone's problem is the tough nut to crack ;)

on the subject of FFB all bets are off with regards to personal preference and actual issues. That is normally my approach to these FFB discussions.

Not so long ago I tried someone else's sim rig in a different game (one we both drive) and his FFB settings were horrible, but he just kept raving about how he loved it and "how he could feel everything the car was doing" "was the best ever" and I felt completely disconnected from what was going on hating it to the bone.

So FFB issues, sometimes hard to find the "problem" every complaint and feedback is valid, but finding a solution for everyone's problem is the tough nut to crack ;)

I think in terms of FFB Jay the only thing I'd like is the minimum force setting, the rest of it is fine, I run a G27 the same as a lot of guys on here and that thing has a massive deadzone, atm the workaround is to rack up some of the forces which isn't the ideal solution and doesn't really solve the problem, it does put you off playing a bit which is a shame as I love the game

i understand jay.... totally

However is there a possibility that S3 could get the damper effect working without having to change the Wheel driver damper as well. So RRe damper works standalone.

Hope makes sense. I rather set the damper in game rather than changing my driver all the time. and thrustmaster do not allow game profiles for ffb.

cheers

+1 to the minimum force setting

That exists for sure. Is it a problem? I'm not sure.
It seems to me that simracers that prefer a certain FFB feel and have an oversteery, loose driving style tend to notice this. I've noticed this centering force but I tend to have a more safe setup and driving style. It mostly messes up you when you try to correct oversteer.
I have a loose and oversteery driving style and I do not have this issue what so ever.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%