RaceRoom Racing Experience: Porsche 911 RSR (2019) And Daytona Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have finally released the much anticipated Daytona International Speedway and 2019 issue Porsche 911 RSR to the RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation.

Both new pieces of content have been made available within the RaceRoom Store now, and retail at around £3.52 for the car, and £4.41 for Daytona.

On the circuit front, the Daytona International Speedway comes complete in three unique layouts, with the 5.729km Road Course layout (of Daytona 24hr fame), the 5.643km Motorcycle configuration and the currently unsupported, but cool to have oval layout all being made available to use.

The Porsche is available in six liveries. Both content pieces are available to purchase now.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively for PC.

Want to know how to make the most of the simulation? Start a thread in the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum and let our awesome community help you out!

RaceRoom Daytona.jpg

Last edited:
This must be on purpose or super lazy a** response time.
Right, they did it deliberately because they enjoy screwing people over. And now they're deliberately not bothering to answer your complaint, right? It's obviously nothing to do with the fact that we're in the middle of global crisis in which many countries are still locked down, is it? :rolleyes:

Probably because the new version was released before the premium pack content had been updated to include it. Just contact S3 through the ticket system or on their forums, and let them know. I've had content issues before and after contacting them it was sorted out within a day.
Right, they did it deliberately because they enjoy screwing people over. And now they're deliberately not bothering to answer your complaint, right? It's obviously nothing to do with the fact that we're in the middle of global crisis in which many countries are still locked down, is it? :rolleyes:
I'm in Home-Office like all software-devs and still have to work as usual. If they can't solve this simple issues after 56 hours i think they are fraudsters or totally incompetent idiots. If they don't give me the content i paid for, i will file a Paypal-complain and ask for my money. That's not acceptable and i will post at least 1000 times more often that they are fraudsters if i don't get for what i paid for and now i'm asking for compensation as well. I paid for this Pack to get Porsche Carrera access immediately and not to beg for it.

Last edited:
I'm in Home-Office like all software-devs and still have to work as usual. If they can't solve this simple issues after 56 hours i think they are fraudsters or totally incompetent idiots. If they don't give me the content i paid for, i will file a Paypal-complain and ask for my money. That's not acceptable and i will post at least 1000 times more often that they are fraudsters if i don't get for what i paid for and now i'm asking for compensation as well. I paid for this Pack to get Porsche Carrera access immediately and not to beg for it.

Wow. Because you don't sound like an entitled prat at all do you. Just because you can work from home doesn't mean others can. Also some countries are going through the stage of getting people slowly back into work. Be patient. They aren't fraudsters at all and if you think its okay to label them that just because of a small error then you don't deserve their time and effort sorting it out for you. If i were the company i certainly wouldn't give compensation to someone whining like this.

Seeing this post i am fuming. The time and effort they put into doing things especially in the current world and people still feel like they're more important.

I'm in Home-Office like all software-devs and still have to work as usual.
Oh right, so because your workplace is ignoring the lockdown rules, everyone else should too, is that it? Or has your job been given the so-called "essential" tag? News flash for you, game development and customer service for luxury items is absolutely not essential. I honestly can't believe someone with your ridiculously immature attitude is actually working for the home office. It really says a lot about the sorry state of this country.

i think they are fraudsters or totally incompetent idiots.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but there's only one of those around here right now.

If this is how you act on a public forum, I can only imagine how you must have worded your complaint to S3. If I was on their customer support team, you would most definitely go aaaaaaaall the way to the bottom of the pile.

cartoon-male-office-worker-conceptual-whose-complaints-shredded-bin-55474286.jpg

• Deleted member 197115

Sweet. :rolleyes:

Do you find that the whole tri-oval section is brutal, and then the rest a lot better, or bad overall?
Banked oval section seems fine, it's the rest of the road course. May be too much details around like spectators stand, not sure. Dialing down number of opponents and visible cars helping.

No, they didn't. What worked for you didn't work for all the people that were complaining about it. Also, Reiza have completely changed the FFB since initial EA release and are going to remove that old profile with the next patch. You don't remove something which has "nailed it". There are just as many people complaining about the new version of their FFB too, so again, it's not the epitome of FFB. AMS 2 FFB has it's strengths and weaknesses, just like R3E's does. Neither is perfect, both have supporters and detractors.

No. They nailed it. I've got friends with everything from G25's to SIMUCUBE 2 Pro's and it was awesome according to every one of them (and they agree on literally nothing else) as of when the game was publicly available (I have no idea about earlier in development). Perhaps you're talking about earlier Alpha and early Beta iterations.

In any case, I think it's rather impressive that AMS2 FFB is so good, even before the game is at 1.0.

Compare this to R3E (which was one of my favorite sims btw), which took *years* to develop similarly OK FFB but now seem intent on tinkering with it until it's horrible again (which they seem to have achieved, unfortunately).

TLDR: AMS2 FFB in Beta is light-years ahead of R3E after 7 years of development. That's why I stated it would be better to just give up and let Reiza fix it for them.

• Deleted member 197115

No. They nailed it. I've got friends with everything from G25's to SIMUCUBE 2 Pro's and it was awesome according to every one of them (and they agree on literally nothing else) as of when the game was publicly available (I have no idea about earlier in development). Perhaps you're talking about earlier Alpha and early Beta iterations.

In any case, I think it's rather impressive that AMS2 FFB is so good, even before the game is at 1.0.

Compare this to R3E (which was one of my favorite sims btw), which took *years* to develop similarly OK FFB but now seem intent on tinkering with it until it's horrible again (which they seem to have achieved, unfortunately).

TLDR: AMS2 FFB in Beta is light-years ahead of R3E after 7 years of development. That's why I stated it would be better to just give up and let Reiza fix it for them.
Well, I am on SC2 Pro and refunded AMS2, twice already. So?

No. They nailed it.
No, they didn't. Instead of relying on the incredibly limited information you get from a group of friends, try reading the official forums and the RD forums, to name just two. What you will find is a very diverse range of opinions from those who dislike the FFB to those who love it. This is the same as every sim out there right now, and for every sim that has ever been made. And yep, that includes R3E.

Also, as I already said, they didn't "nail it" right from the start as you claim, because they are removing that initial FFB profile from the game entirely! I guess you ignored that part.

Please don't believe that your personal opinions are fact. It just makes you look rather silly. I'm happy you love the AMS 2 FFB so much, but that doesn't make it the best for everyone, or even the majority.

No, they didn't. Instead of relying on the incredibly limited information you get from a group of friends, try reading the official forums and the RD forums, to name just two. What you will find is a very diverse range of opinions from those who dislike the FFB to those who love it. This is the same as every sim out there right now, and for every sim that has ever been made. And yep, that includes R3E.

Also, as I already said, they didn't "nail it" right from the start as you claim, because they are removing that initial FFB profile from the game entirely! I guess you ignored that part.

Please don't believe that your personal opinions are fact. It just makes you look rather silly. I'm happy you love the AMS 2 FFB so much, but that doesn't make it the best for everyone, or even the majority.
I can't believe I've been sucked into this ridiculous argument. Anyway, here goes. I won't respond further.

I disagree that "all FFB is created equal and hopelessly subjective", which is the perspective you're pushing (and so far has precisely two adherents).

I'll remember this fascinating assertion next time I play (or rather, endure) Forza or GT Sport.

The fairly broad consensus (and I would encourage you to escape the confines of your RD echo chamber full of habitual complainers) is that AMS2 has very good ffb, on par with rF2, and it's been achieved with remarkable celerity. This is what I mean by "right out of the gate". You're so worried about making your point that you've become a literalist. So, to clarify, the metaphorical gate in question is "when you could buy it on Steam".

The so-called "new" FFB you're talking about is a very minor derivative of the original default setting (they simply applied the low force boost in a different way), something that you know very well and yet are choosing to gloss over, making it seem like they completely revised it. I am well aware that the very earliest iterations of the FFB was not good for anyone other than Logitech users. That's not what I'm referring to, as that version wasn't available to anyone other than the early backers.

As far as my personal opinion, it's an informed one at least. I can use my real-world car control skills in AMS2, rF2, AC (with some exceptions), AMS and R3E (despite the lackluster ffb, it does have excellent physics courtesy of Alex). That's my personal benchmark.

I've been racing in SCCA since 1983, have tested with Roush Protofab, and I judge FFB by how well it allows me to use the skills I already have IRL to control a car in-game. There's some subjectivity, but not nearly as much as you're claiming. Either the skills translate well via the FFB, or they don't.

Therefore : Not all FFB is created equal.

Unless, of course, you've never driven on-track. In that case, all FFB likely is a guessing game, and all FFB "might" be "good". Just don't presume so readily that this state of affairs extends to everyone.

I already filed a complain on Friday and so far no response. The Carrera Cup was released on Tuesday and i bought the Pack on Friday. This must be on purpose or super lazy a** response time.

i contacted you by personal message the other day, monday the 25th ; in the message i send a redeem code for the full car pack and all skins and some bonus vrp for the wait ; it would be good if you could contact me to say this worked out ok

Andi

Last edited:
i contacted you by personal message the other day, monday the 25th ; in the message i send a redeem code for the full car pack and all skins and some bonus vrp for the wait ; it would be good if you could contact me to say this worked out ok

Andi
Sorry for the delay. I've missed the notice since I'm not regularly checking this email and yes, it's working. Thank you and have a great weekend.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 93 13.7%