RaceRoom Racing Experience: Porsche 911 RSR (2019) And Daytona Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have finally released the much anticipated Daytona International Speedway and 2019 issue Porsche 911 RSR to the RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation.

Both new pieces of content have been made available within the RaceRoom Store now, and retail at around £3.52 for the car, and £4.41 for Daytona.

On the circuit front, the Daytona International Speedway comes complete in three unique layouts, with the 5.729km Road Course layout (of Daytona 24hr fame), the 5.643km Motorcycle configuration and the currently unsupported, but cool to have oval layout all being made available to use.

The Porsche is available in six liveries. Both content pieces are available to purchase now.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively for PC.

Want to know how to make the most of the simulation? Start a thread in the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum and let our awesome community help you out!

RaceRoom Daytona.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Let me guess, one CPU core is getting hammered and the rest of the PC is sleeping?
Darn, you are right. Ran some tests with fpsVR enabled, it's pegging on CPU side, GPU barely get any load at all.
WTH, this is overclocked i9-9900K. None of the changes to Video settings seem to make any difference, had to resort to Reprojection.
Turned out that other tracks seem just a bit better to keep CPU contribution to frametime just barely below 90fps.
And I thought AC is single thread limited. :rolleyes:
What these guys are doing so CPU intense in rendering thread?
Disappointed. :(

The answer to that is...everything. It's a DX9 game with a pretty detailed graphics, *and* VR somehow "hacked" into that (as it normally requires DX11, but Raceroom devs somehow made it work in DX9). So of course it is heavily single-threaded (then again so are most sims, even ACC), and of course it needs a lot of CPU power to run well, even on modern hardware.

Visible cars tend to have a noticeable effect on CPU performance, but still not that great. Again, it's a limitation of DX9. This is actually the main reason Raceroom would benefit from going DX11+ - not visual fidelity, as it is often mistakenly thought of, but performance.

The answer to that is...everything. It's a DX9 game with a pretty detailed graphics, *and* VR somehow "hacked" into that (as it normally requires DX11, but Raceroom devs somehow made it work in DX9). So of course it is heavily single-threaded (then again so are most sims, even ACC), and of course it needs a lot of CPU power to run well, even on modern hardware.

Visible cars tend to have a noticeable effect on CPU performance, but still not that great. Again, it's a limitation of DX9. This is actually the main reason Raceroom would benefit from going DX11+ - not visual fidelity, as it is often mistakenly thought of, but performance.
Ran 80 GT3 grid earlier for giggles, was getting solid 75hz for the most part
I5 9600k / 2070 Super

• Deleted member 197115

Darn, you are right. Ran some tests with fpsVR enabled, it's pegging on CPU side, GPU barely get any load at all.
WTH, this is overclocked i9-9900K. None of the changes to Video settings seem to make any difference, had to resort to Reprojection.
Turned out that other tracks seem just a bit better to keep CPU contribution to frametime just barely below 90fps.
And I thought AC is single thread limited. :rolleyes:
Disappointed. :(
Not all is lost, there is a solution for Daytona VR fix.

• Deleted member 197115

Zero difference in VR, went from 20 to 10, same thing.

1967 and 1969 USRRC, where they won D Sedan with the 1000cc TTS. http://www.virhistory.com/cars/arrc/1969-res.htm
What what?
Im sorry. If you hadnt shown me the documentation I would have said you were joking.
And a really good joke I would have admitted - a NSU on an oval.
Oh man:laugh:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: What calender did they use to count laps?:roflmao:
Sorry - that was not fair. Hehe but I couldnt help it:sleep:

• Deleted member 197115

Please don't even think it. The last thing we need is a board full of people whining about how R3E has the "Pcars 2 feel". It took me weeks of active, hourly moderation to stamp out the flame wars and arguments in the AMS 2 forum and I'd rather not go through that again! :x3:
You think it's over?

• Deleted member 197115

Zero difference in VR, went from 20 to 10, same thing.
I need to revisit this.
Today after dropping visible cars to 10 (minimum) and number of opponents to 12 I could run stable 90fp on Daytona. (SS 250%)
Some interesting observation, turned out that fpsVR is pretty much useless as it reports ridiculously low GPU frametime but super high CPU. After upping SS in SteamVR the reported load on GPU stayed the same, but CPU went up. Pretty sure it's just a result of non VR complaint DX9.
So things like dropping SS will help with the performance as well as all other GPU specific stuff like AA, etc.
1589745032153.png

fpsVR Report: App: RaceRoom Racing Experience HMD: Samsung Windows Mixed Reality 800ZBA0 (90.002 Hz, IPD 68.0) GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (26.21.14.4598) CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz Delivered fps: 82.07 Duration: 9min. GPU Frametimes: Median: 0.2 ms 99th percentile: 0.3 ms 99.9th percentile: 0.3 ms frametime <11.1ms(vsync): 100% CPU frametime: Median: 8.5 ms 99th percentile: 10.4 ms 99.9th percentile: 14.4 ms frametime <11.1ms(vsync): 99.6% Max. SteamVR SS: 250% Render resolution per eye: 2280x2848(by SteamVR settings, Max.) (HMD driver recommended: 1442x1801)

I need to revisit this.
Today after dropping visible cars to 10 (minimum) and number of opponents to 12 I could run stable 90fp on Daytona. (SS 250%)
Some interesting observation, turned out that fpsVR is pretty much useless as it reports ridiculously low GPU frametime but super high CPU. After upping SS in SteamVR the reported load on GPU stayed the same, but CPU went up. Pretty sure it's just a result of non VR complaint DX9.
So things like dropping SS will help with the performance as well as all other GPU specific stuff like AA, etc.
That 9900K was worth it after all.

Please don't even think it. The last thing we need is a board full of people whining about how R3E has the "Pcars 2 feel". It took me weeks of active, hourly moderation to stamp out the flame wars and arguments in the AMS 2 forum and I'd rather not go through that again! :x3:

Its fine that wont happen will it lets face it. SMS originated with some simbin staff as did Sector 3 and it wasnt exactly a peaceful process

Last edited:
Probably because the new version was released before the premium pack content had been updated to include it. Just contact S3 through the ticket system or on their forums, and let them know. I've had content issues before and after contacting them it was sorted out within a day.
I already filed a complain on Friday and so far no response. The Carrera Cup was released on Tuesday and i bought the Pack on Friday. This must be on purpose or super lazy a** response time.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 159 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.6%