RaceRoom Racing Experience: Porsche 911 RSR (2019) And Daytona Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have finally released the much anticipated Daytona International Speedway and 2019 issue Porsche 911 RSR to the RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation.

Both new pieces of content have been made available within the RaceRoom Store now, and retail at around £3.52 for the car, and £4.41 for Daytona.

On the circuit front, the Daytona International Speedway comes complete in three unique layouts, with the 5.729km Road Course layout (of Daytona 24hr fame), the 5.643km Motorcycle configuration and the currently unsupported, but cool to have oval layout all being made available to use.

The Porsche is available in six liveries. Both content pieces are available to purchase now.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively for PC.

Want to know how to make the most of the simulation? Start a thread in the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum and let our awesome community help you out!

RaceRoom Daytona.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Daytona could use some optimization, runs pretty bad in VR. :(
Hopefully that will be addressed in the consecutive patches as track is wonderful.

On a side note I wish Sector 3 would settle in on the FFB changes. Every time I sit down lately the FFB feels different and I have to readjust. I get it feeling right and then they update it again. More adjusting and tweaking then they do it again. Is it just me or does anyone else notice this?

Also after a recent update, I went to "Play" and it wanted me to "Install" the game? I checked this several times and it still wanted a reinstall. Good thing I waited a day because a small update was there the next day and the "Install" option disappeared with the "Play" option available. Maybe just me but did this happen to anyone else?
The FFB was actually just fine back before the big update in December. It's never felt quite as good since then. The Endless Science Project continues.

Personally, I think everyone should just throw in the towel and go ask Reiza to port over their amazing FFB from AMS2. They nailed it right out of the gate.

The FFB was actually just fine back before the big update in December. It's never felt quite as good since then. The Endless Science Project continues.

Personally, I think everyone should just throw in the towel and go ask Reiza to port over their amazing FFB from AMS2. They nailed it right out of the gate.
I feel the same way. I thought it was fine just the way it was before the big update. I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed. Thanks for your input. :thumbsup:

The graphics and video look phenomenal. Makes me want to re-install RRE. For some reason I can't get my graphics to look like this. Don't know if it is bloom related or blur setting related, but my screenshots look like a water color painting in the background. These look realistic. I had kind of given up on the RRE graphics compared to newer titles. I know a lot of the other things like physics, FFB, etc. are more important to some people, but for me graphics are huge. I own a ton of RRE content and after this may reinstall and put some more effort back into it.
I think it's just a bit of postprocessing on the video. I've tried to quickly touchup screenshots from my tonight's test session - just a few very quick tweaks (and only global, not local) I'd assume were made in the video on a set of screenshots from a completely stock Raceroom (I haven't even used downsampling to make the screenshots look better, just my regular resolution I normally use, though some of the tweaks have removed some of the aliasing), inspired by some of the shots in the trailer:

RRRE64_2020_05_16_02_19_25_316_edited.jpg

RRRE64_2020_05_16_02_17_00_928_edited.jpg

RRRE64_2020_05_16_02_24_38_335_edited.jpg

RRRE64_2020_05_16_02_29_47_874_edited.jpg

RRRE64_2020_05_16_02_36_09_421_edited.jpg

RRRE64_2020_05_16_02_37_27_819_edited.jpg

I guess it just means that the AI bots cannot find their way round on the oval.:sneaky:
But because I dont care about playing with AIs then this unsupporting thing doesnt matter for me.:whistling:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Maybe I should take the plunge?
But on the other hand at the moment I have AMS2:roflmao:
Yeah I've always supported Reiza and AMS2 has pretty much showed how it should be done. I also support R3E and have all of the content but lately it's been a little strange. I'm not sure what there trying to do. It's good they keep it updated with changes but they also don't give enough time for users to try out the changes before they change it again. Maybe it will settle down soon.

Last edited:
it does look great on the screenshot, but I don't remember it loking like this in game? are they doing some color tweaking to these ? or did I forget to turn on soem HDR settigs?

I believe Ortner is running Reshade. It adds post processing visual effects to Raceroom. I've used it, but eventually uninstalled it because the effects I liked (higher contrast and more bloom) ruined the menu screens. It was also tricky to get running initially. I also remember taking a small framerate hit when I used it.

No, they didn't. What worked for you didn't work for all the people that were complaining about it. Also, Reiza have completely changed the FFB since initial EA release and are going to remove that old profile with the next patch. You don't remove something which has "nailed it". There are just as many people complaining about the new version of their FFB too, so again, it's not the epitome of FFB. AMS 2 FFB has it's strengths and weaknesses, just like R3E's does. Neither is perfect, both have supporters and detractors.

I am crashing to desktop with the oval, road course is fine.
That's probably why they said the oval is unsupported. AI issues and other problems.

Could some one remind me which prototypes are available in RRE? I remember the Corvette DP and some other.. but if I wanted to do mixed class offline races mimicking Daytona 24.. what are the cars available for this?

Chevrolet Daytona Prototype (P2), Audi R18 (P1), Radical SR9 AER and SR9 JUDD (P2), DMD 20 (P1) and 21(P2), Mistral M530 (P1) and M531(P2). And the little Prototype Aquila Sports GT.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 120 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 306 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 439 39.5%