RaceRoom Racing Experience: Porsche 911 RSR (2019) And Daytona Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have finally released the much anticipated Daytona International Speedway and 2019 issue Porsche 911 RSR to the RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation.

Both new pieces of content have been made available within the RaceRoom Store now, and retail at around £3.52 for the car, and £4.41 for Daytona.

On the circuit front, the Daytona International Speedway comes complete in three unique layouts, with the 5.729km Road Course layout (of Daytona 24hr fame), the 5.643km Motorcycle configuration and the currently unsupported, but cool to have oval layout all being made available to use.

The Porsche is available in six liveries. Both content pieces are available to purchase now.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively for PC.

Want to know how to make the most of the simulation? Start a thread in the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum and let our awesome community help you out!

RaceRoom Daytona.jpg

Last edited:
Well done Sector 3!! Of course now all we need is more in the GTE class http://game.raceroom.com/store/cars/gte along with Le Mans and Sebring... oh and day to night and rain etc... not asking for much really ;):D

Wasn't sure if they would include the oval layout, interesting.. I guess the FR US http://game.raceroom.com/store/cars/fr-us-cup however old it might be might be interesting to try, albeit without an oval configuration and the AI will definitely be dive-bombing you on that one :D

On a side note I wish Sector 3 would settle in on the FFB changes. Every time I sit down lately the FFB feels different and I have to readjust. I get it feeling right and then they update it again. More adjusting and tweaking then they do it again. Is it just me or does anyone else notice this?

Also after a recent update, I went to "Play" and it wanted me to "Install" the game? I checked this several times and it still wanted a reinstall. Good thing I waited a day because a small update was there the next day and the "Install" option disappeared with the "Play" option available. Maybe just me but did this happen to anyone else?

Pure speculation, but I wonder if "available but unsupported" has to do with a combination of oval-suitable rules (a lack thereof) and the AI.
yes, there won't be any pace car for full course yellows like in Daytona 500 and I don't think their Formula US (a fantasy IndyCar based on old spec) includes an oval setup.

As long as I've owned RaceRoom when the AI come up behind me its like "I'm gonna f*cking kill you..." and time after time no matter what the AI strength or qualifying rounds included they ram me off so as far as I'm concerned when it comes to AI all tracks are "unsupported" :D

The graphics and video look phenomenal. Makes me want to re-install RRE. For some reason I can't get my graphics to look like this. Don't know if it is bloom related or blur setting related, but my screenshots look like a water color painting in the background. These look realistic. I had kind of given up on the RRE graphics compared to newer titles. I know a lot of the other things like physics, FFB, etc. are more important to some people, but for me graphics are huge. I own a ton of RRE content and after this may reinstall and put some more effort back into it.

I do not play R3E currently due to performance reasons (have to try it with DXVK though, did wonders to some badly optimized games on my PC) and the FFB change at the end of last year also didn't suit me (my T300 feels very "springy").

Daytona is a very nice addition. However, if I criticize rF2 for the dashboards, I also have to criticize R3E. The fonts and quality are good at least, but who decided to use a white one in the RSR when they also have a couple of dark ones? Not the same as in the real car but still I can't understand this choice. Details like this are what's important for immersion for me.

The graphics and video look phenomenal. Makes me want to re-install RRE. For some reason I can't get my graphics to look like this. Don't know if it is bloom related or blur setting related, but my screenshots look like a water color painting in the background. These look realistic. I had kind of given up on the RRE graphics compared to newer titles. I know a lot of the other things like physics, FFB, etc. are more important to some people, but for me graphics are huge. I own a ton of RRE content and after this may reinstall and put some more effort back into it.
It's a good question. I think maybe Georg Ortner could do a video on the setup and settings he uses to create the trailers and many often ask about how the game looks vs how it looks when they run it. Of course there may also be some kind of image filtering happening in post production but we'd still be interested to know...

It's a good question. I think maybe Georg Ortner could do a video on the setup and settings he uses to create the trailers and many often ask about how the game looks vs how it looks when they run it. Of course there may also be some kind of image filtering happening in post production but we'd still be interested to know...
Excellent suggestion as I am sure many of us have upgraded, tweaked and ultmately scratch our head as to why the trailers of any sim look so awesome and to a slight lesser degree when we play them.

Could some one remind me which prototypes are available in RRE? I remember the Corvette DP and some other.. but if I wanted to do mixed class offline races mimicking Daytona 24.. what are the cars available for this?
I think your best bet as of now would be the P2, GTE, GTR3

Pure speculation, but I wonder if "available but unsupported" has to do with a combination of oval-suitable rules (a lack thereof) and the AI.
Exactly as I suspect that setups, aero, tires, rules AI etc.. have no support when it come to the ovals. Might be kind of fun though to put P1 and the Formula cars on track as a multi-class race to see how they interact.

On a side note I wish Sector 3 would settle in on the FFB changes. Every time I sit down lately the FFB feels different and I have to readjust. I get it feeling right and then they update it again. More adjusting and tweaking then they do it again. Is it just me or does anyone else notice this?

Also after a recent update, I went to "Play" and it wanted me to "Install" the game? I checked this several times and it still wanted a reinstall. Good thing I waited a day because a small update was there the next day and the "Install" option disappeared with the "Play" option available. Maybe just me but did this happen to anyone else?

I am not sure how you tune your FFB but from my experience I set my FFB to a specific car/track that has been recently updated/released, I think it was the GTR 3 C7, and then set the FFB multiplier in specific cars rather that trying to tune each car. As it became apparent very quickly I felt like a dog chasing his tail tweaking settings.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 219 14.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%