RaceRoom Racing Experience | Porsche 911 GT3 R 2019 Reveal

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have revealed the third car that will make up December's 'Porsche DLC #3' pack for RaceRoom Racing Experience - the 2019 issue 911 GT3 R.

Having confirmed this month will see the third instalment of the ongoing Porsche DLC programme, release #3 will see four new machines from the German brand be made available to purchase for RaceRoom Racing Experience - although only three will be made available in December, with a fourth to follow in the new year.

At the beginning of this most festive of months Sector3 previewed both the 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport and the brand new 911 GT2 RS Clubsport that will be included in the pack, and for this latest dig into the treasure check of future content releases the identity of the third car has been revealed - the 911 GT3 R 2019.

R3E Porsche Pack 3 - 3.jpg

Porsche 911 GT3 R 2019 Key Specs:
  • Length: 4.604m
  • Wheelbase: 2.459m
  • Carbon fibre body panels
  • Double wishbone front suspension
  • Strut rear suspension
  • Weight (with driver): 1430kg
  • Engine: 4.0L flat-6
  • Power: 540hp
  • Torque: 525nm
  • Gearbox: 6-speed paddle shift
  • Motorsport ABS
  • Motorsport Traction control

R3E Porsche Pack 3 - 2.jpg

The 2019 GT3 911 is one of the most modern of the Porsche family of endurance racing cars, and competes globally in a number of high level racing series, including of course the Blancpain GT Series, which has its own racing simulation in the form of Assetto Corsa Competizione. With another virtual representations in ACC it will be interesting to see how this new release from Sector3 Studios stacks up against its rivals in the other simulations.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a PC exclusive racing simulation, available now.

The RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for news and discussion about this excellent racing title. In the forum you can chat with fellow fans and take part in our excellent RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club - a great way to race in a clean, fair and fun online environment.

R3E Porsche Pack 3 - 4.jpg

R3E Porsche Pack 3 - 5.jpg

Last edited:
I hope I am not as stupid as I feel with all the Porsche releases as I am more than a bit confused. Didn't we get a Cayman and a 911 within the last couple of years? Will we now have two identical models within the same class? Don't get me wrong I love new content but seems a bit odd if indeed they are in the same class.

I hope I am not as stupid as I feel with all the Porsche releases as I am more than a bit confused. Didn't we get a Cayman and a 911 within the last couple of years? Will we now have two identical models within the same class? Don't get me wrong I love new content but seems a bit odd if indeed they are in the same class.
yep, those are the new editions of them, or rather in case of the GT3 a basically full on new build car
also the GT3R currently in RRRE will be removed from the store, so only the new release will be available to anyone but the people who bought the old, those can have both

The 2019 GT3 911 is one of the most modern of the Porsche family of endurance racing cars, and competes globally in a number of high level racing series, including of course the Blancpain GT Series, which has its own racing simulation in the form of Assetto Corsa Competizione. With virtual representations in ACC and rFactor 2 as well as the new car for RaceRoom Racing Experience it will be interesting to see how this new release from Sector3 Studios stacks up against its rivals in the other simulations.

the only one to compare the Raceroom version to will be the GT3R from ACC, rf2 has the previous version only to my knowledge or have I missed the release of the 2019 GT3R ? :confused:

yep, those are the new editions of them, or rather in case of the GT3 a basically full on new build car
also the GT3R currently in RRRE will be removed from the store, so only the new release will be available to anyone but the people who bought the old, those can have both
Are you for real?
I mean personally I dont care much for the GT3/4 but this sounds a bit as a joke.
So only the customers who allready have payed for the old GT3R will be able to still use it in the game?
While everybody else "only" can get hands on the 2019 version.
Right?

Didn't we get a Cayman and a 911 within the last couple of years?
I suppose they had to include the newest models at some point, but I'm somewhat disappointed to be honest. With all the excellent Porsches out there I would have much preferred them to all be unique, rather than rehashes of the same model. More classics would have been nice.

So only the customers who allready have payed for the old GT3R will be able to still use it in the game?
Correct, just like only those who bought the RUFs before they were removed can use them, or the Citroens before they were removed. It's not unusual because licenses come and go, they're often time-limited.

Are you for real?
I mean personally I dont care much for the GT3/4 but this sounds a bit as a joke.
Right?

No, he is not right here. Everybody can still buy the Ruf's or even the TCR' from 2018. So I don't know why he thinks you can't buy them anymore and use it? You can also still buy every DTM car....also the old ones and use them.

Are you for real?
Right?
No, he is not right here. Everybody can still buy the Ruf's or even the TCR' from 2018. So I don't know why he thinks you can't buy them anymore and use it? You can also still buy every DTM car....also the old ones and use them.

the ruf gt3 is not buyable anymore, when the first porsche gt3 cam along it had to go

although this article says nothing of the old porsche gt3 disappearing so i'd have no reason to think it's not gonna be buyable

the ruf gt3 is not buyable anymore, when the first porsche gt3 cam along it had to go

although this article says nothing of the old porsche gt3 disappearing so i'd have no reason to think it's not gonna be buyable

I agree about the fact that the Ruf GT3 isn't available anymore. I never noticed that. But because we have the the Porsche GT3 R I think this isn't a big deal. I thought you mean all Ruf's are now removed from Raceroom;)

Not wanting to get dragged into the old "Haven't we already got last seasons version" debate. Motor sport evolves constantly and a lot of people, as in the real world like to have the latest evolution of a particular car. I kinda like that idea personally. However, a lot of gamers nowadays are shall we say older (I fall into that category) and it would be nice to see more older cars included. I can remember racing back in the late 50s when I first became interested and through the 60s and on to present day. This is a message aimed at all devs. If you were to include a series from each era ie., the 50s, 60s and 70s then I personally would never be off my PC. CanAm is awesome as was the TransAm series. I know there are Mods out there covering these but most are now old and outdated and depending on the modder of varying quality. Guys you're missing out on what by many is considered the "Golden Age" of motorsport here. I feel there's definitely room for a properly developed sim content covering this era. I'd be interested to see how many agree. If this DLC had contained say for ex, 908 Spider, 917K and an early 60s 911 I'd be hammering my keyboard in anticipation. I will be getting this DLC though as any additions to the franchise is most welcome

Looking forwards to seeing the response when we release this to the public. From a chassis point of view it's a step closer to the GTE car than the previous development. Especially around the front suspension it's very prototype-esque.

@tonydean2 There are a number of us at Sector 3 who are huge fans of race cars from the past. That's why the 962c, 964 and 934 were added, because they were at the top of our wish list. Unfortunately car choices are mostly out of our influence but if I could I'd love to add; Shadow DN4, Chaparrel 2G, Honda RA300, Lotus 11, Lola T70 just to name a few!

Looking forwards to seeing the response when we release this to the public. From a chassis point of view it's a step closer to the GTE car than the previous development. Especially around the front suspension it's very prototype-esque.

@tonydean2 There are a number of us at Sector 3 who are huge fans of race cars from the past. That's why the 962c, 964 and 934 were added, because they were at the top of our wish list. Unfortunately car choices are mostly out of our influence but if I could I'd love to add; Shadow DN4, Chaparrel 2G, Honda RA300, Lotus 11, Lola T70 just to name a few!
To quote an old saying, that would make an old man (nearly 70) very happy. I understand how the market dictates the product, however if you look at the number of downloads of older car mods there does seem to be an awful lot of people doing it. Just a thought. As an aside classic track mods are very popular also

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 142 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 144 13.8%