RaceRoom Racing Experience | Porsche 911 GT3 R 2019 Reveal

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have revealed the third car that will make up December's 'Porsche DLC #3' pack for RaceRoom Racing Experience - the 2019 issue 911 GT3 R.

Having confirmed this month will see the third instalment of the ongoing Porsche DLC programme, release #3 will see four new machines from the German brand be made available to purchase for RaceRoom Racing Experience - although only three will be made available in December, with a fourth to follow in the new year.

At the beginning of this most festive of months Sector3 previewed both the 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport and the brand new 911 GT2 RS Clubsport that will be included in the pack, and for this latest dig into the treasure check of future content releases the identity of the third car has been revealed - the 911 GT3 R 2019.

R3E Porsche Pack 3 - 3.jpg

Porsche 911 GT3 R 2019 Key Specs:
  • Length: 4.604m
  • Wheelbase: 2.459m
  • Carbon fibre body panels
  • Double wishbone front suspension
  • Strut rear suspension
  • Weight (with driver): 1430kg
  • Engine: 4.0L flat-6
  • Power: 540hp
  • Torque: 525nm
  • Gearbox: 6-speed paddle shift
  • Motorsport ABS
  • Motorsport Traction control

R3E Porsche Pack 3 - 2.jpg

The 2019 GT3 911 is one of the most modern of the Porsche family of endurance racing cars, and competes globally in a number of high level racing series, including of course the Blancpain GT Series, which has its own racing simulation in the form of Assetto Corsa Competizione. With another virtual representations in ACC it will be interesting to see how this new release from Sector3 Studios stacks up against its rivals in the other simulations.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a PC exclusive racing simulation, available now.

The RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for news and discussion about this excellent racing title. In the forum you can chat with fellow fans and take part in our excellent RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club - a great way to race in a clean, fair and fun online environment.

R3E Porsche Pack 3 - 4.jpg

R3E Porsche Pack 3 - 5.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, now we have the Cayman GT4 CS MR, Cayman GT4 Clubsport, and 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport.

Also I absolutely love can am and would kill to see some added, but PLEASE not the 917/30. It's the most cliche car in simracing and I'm tired of seeing it every time a "classic" porsche is mentioned. It's absurd power makes it impossible to fully drive. I'd much rather see the 917/10 that still had crazy can am power but was at least more restrained and balanced .
Trying to hang on while that boost kicks in is the cache of driving that car. The first one I "drove" was in AC on Silverstone. The damn thing turns like an ocean liner, but once you got it pointed in the right direction and stomped on the go fast, you knew the next thing to happen was the boost was going to kick in and you had to hold on or get intimate with a wall. Once boost did kick in you would be close to 200 MPH before you hit the next corner.

I have to admit: The first time I did that I needed a cold shower.

You're right, the Ferrari and Porsche were removed from all the GTR2 releases, not only Steam but also box games.

So, if you own the original version including all the brands and content, keep it safe, it's gold ! :D
This type of information needs to be RaceDepartment headline information! Instead of a Fast and the Furious game in the headlines. And here I am during the past days, looking for it like CRAZY! In the game it keeps telling me nothing to buy! Good to know it was removed, maybe it handled too well. Didn't know this was even possible, hahahaha.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 366 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%